Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 2 - Jags @ tacks Predictions

Well, Week 1 was surprisingly fun. 

I still see our team as young and with growing pains; combine that with our porous defense and the tacks having our number, I can't see us winning Sunday.

However, I don't see it being a blowout like last year in Nashville. 

I will go tacks 31, Jags 23. Henry gets his runs as always, Tannehill carves up our secondary, but offense does well to keep up with Minshew under center.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Tacks aren't ready for the VISKA show. Jay Gruden brought my optimism from 0-100 after just ONE GAME... I know it's only ONE GAME... but c'mon man! Viska goes for combined total 120 yards and 3 TD's as Gruden out maneuvers Vrabel with his queen piece. Only issue is Colts threw the ball 46 times with Rivers and never really tried to dominate through the ground game. That will be way different this week, as Henry will challenge what I believe is a porous run defense. Doesn't matter as Jags O comes out with all the tricks- 29-27 JAGS on a game winning LAMBO 55 yarder.

(09-15-2020, 09:26 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Tacks aren't ready for the VISKA show. Jay Gruden brought my optimism from 0-100 after just ONE GAME... I know it's only ONE GAME... but c'mon man! Viska goes for combined total 120 yards and 3 TD's as Gruden out maneuvers Vrabel with his queen piece. Only issue is Colts threw the ball 46 times with Rivers and never really tried to dominate through the ground game. That will be way different this week, as Henry will challenge what I believe is a porous run defense. Doesn't matter as Jags O comes out with all the tricks- 29-27 JAGS on a game winning LAMBO 55 yarder.

Don't underestimate any team's ability to game plan against us.

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2020, 09:54 AM by dennisp3.)

I don’t understand why Jaguar fans find it more important to appear as some prediction guru instead of supporting their team. I posted the jags would win Sunday night not because I’m a great evaluator of football, but because I will always support my players that’s what fans do. The team came out and gave you everything you could possibly want for an opening day and proving they are not tanking and showing some exciting potential. How you could pick the tacks After Sunday’s game is shameful. There are plenty of other games to show your prediction talents but only one you need to blindly support and that’s your Jaguars. The play is expected and deserve it go jags

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2020, 10:04 AM by Mowerguy.)

Had to be a brutal game on the tackers .Pulled out by the hair of their chin...long flight home, short week of rest.
Star kicker still getting over hip surgery , henry runs better as season goes, we have new back field fresh off two interception game
This isn't the same team as last year .... we ALL saw it Sunday.
We've beat 'em up there before.
Advantage JAGUARS
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Jags win BIG, 42-10, Boom!! Tannyhill gets sacked five times, throws three picks.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Ready to see Henderson vs Brown

We should be able to get pressure up the middle as well against Titans interior.

Jack and Schobert vs Henry will be a statement game as well

(09-15-2020, 09:51 AM)dennisp3 Wrote:
(09-15-2020, 08:58 AM)In SamusAranX Wrote: Well, Week 1 was surprisingly fun. 

I still see our team as young and with growing pains; combine that with our porous defense and the tacks having our number, I can't see us winning Sunday.

However, I don't see it being a blowout like last year in Nashville. 

I will go tacks 31, Jags 23. Henry gets his runs as always, Tannehill carves up our secondary, but offense does well to keep up with Minshew under center.
I don’t understand why Jaguar fans find it more important to appear as some prediction guru instead of supporting their team. I posted the jags would win Sunday night not because I’m a great evaluator of football, but because I will always support my players that’s what fans do. The team came out and gave you everything you could possibly want for an opening day and proving they are not tanking and showing some exciting potential. How you could pick the tacks After Sunday’s game is shameful. There are plenty of other games to show your prediction talents but only one you need to blindly support and that’s your Jaguars. The play is expected and deserve it go jags

(09-15-2020, 09:51 AM)Thanks dennisp3 Wrote: I don’t understand why Jaguar fans find it more important to appear as some prediction guru instead of supporting their team. I posted the jags would win Sunday night not because I’m a great evaluator of football, but because I will always support my players that’s what fans do. The team came out and gave you everything you could possibly want for an opening day and proving they are not tanking and showing some exciting potential. How you could pick the tacks After Sunday’s game is shameful. There are plenty of other games to show your prediction talents but only one you need to blindly support and that’s your Jaguars. The players  expect it and deserve it go jags

Sorry about the double post tried to edit screwed it up

I'm not trying to be a guru; this is a discussion forum, so we discuss our thoughts on the game. 

I hope they win, but I also recognize that sometimes we are outgunned.

Have a bad feeling about this one.. We beat the colts but we can’t win them all. I think it will be an exciting game for sure.

Tacks 28 Jags 21

The Broncos game reAalllly pissed me off. 
The tacks should’ve lost 
if we can somehow out finesse that strong Titans D, I think we can pull out a victory, but for some reason Henry always dominates us. 

It’s going to be close

This game will all come down to our oline. I like our WRs against their corners. If the oline can outplay their dline, Jaguars win. If our oline struggles, Titans win

27-24 Titans

We'll see how good they really are.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Derrick Henry always gives us trouble. Wash's scheme has our defenders mismatched against him. We are 10.5 point underdogs. Jags will be tested this week. I think loading the box in an attempt to stop the momentum that Henry will get throughout the game, will leave some passing options open. Yeah, great to see that win last week, but I gotta a feeling Titans will have our number. Unless our offense balls out and matches them score for score.

The loss of Jack Conklin to their oline is huge imo. We could never get pressure from that side and I think that changes Sun

Last week I picked against the Jags and we won, so as much as I would like to pick the team to win this week, I won't. I don't wanna jinx us, so I'll do the same thing I did last week and hopefully we will have the same results.

Titans 35
Jaguars 31

(09-15-2020, 10:29 AM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: Derrick Henry always gives us trouble. Wash's scheme has our defenders mismatched against him.  We are 10.5 point underdogs. Jags will be tested this week. I think loading the box in an attempt to stop the momentum that Henry will get throughout the game, will leave some passing options open. Yeah, great to see that win last week, but I gotta a feeling Titans will have our number. Unless our offense balls out and matches them score for score.

10.5? Big oof! We were 8 point underdogs at home against Indy.

Who knows, maybe the team uses that at motivation?

Just a Friendly Reminder: on the forum it's not "Titans", it's "tacks" or alternatively, "stinkin' tacks". "Dirty, stinkin' tacks" will also work in a formal context.

I loved last week but we had a lot of things go right that we probably can't count on very regularly. Gruden will need to dial up a deeper passing attack and Robinson will need to be productive so we can keep up. I think we can do it, going to call it 35-30, Jags.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(09-15-2020, 10:31 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The loss of Jack Conklin to their oline is huge imo.  We could never get pressure from that side and I think that changes Sun

Their rookie didn't play last night either. He was arrested or something a few days ago.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(09-15-2020, 10:51 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(09-15-2020, 10:31 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The loss of Jack Conklin to their oline is huge imo.  We could never get pressure from that side and I think that changes Sun

Their rookie didn't play last night either. He was arrested or something a few days ago.

Yup, I think Chaisson will find some success Sun.  He got better as the Colts game went on

It wasn't huge last night.  Chubb did next to nothing and neither did Miller's replacement.  Den blitzed a ton however and Henry still got close to 120 yds
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response.