Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gardner nominated for AFC Offensive Player of the Week

https://twitter.com/JohnReid64/status/13...7034680321

I'm glad to see this. Hopefully he will get more nominations (and wins) this season.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-15-2020, 10:53 AM)mal234 Wrote: https://twitter.com/JohnReid64/status/13...7034680321

I'm glad to see this. Hopefully he will get more nominations (and wins) this season.

How about the progression?  Last year as a rookie he won 7 rookie of the weeks, more than half his starts.  Now his 2nd year, week 1 and he is nominated of AFC offensive player of the week.

Upper won't like this at all....
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2020, 02:41 PM by mal234.)

(09-15-2020, 01:41 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-15-2020, 10:53 AM)mal234 Wrote: https://twitter.com/JohnReid64/status/13...7034680321

How about the progression?  Last year as a rookie he won 7 rookie of the weeks, more than half his starts.  Now his 2nd year, week 1 and he is nominated of AFC offensive player of the week.

I'm glad to see this progression. Hopefully he will continue to get nominated (and maybe also win) for more and possibly better accolades.

Did Minshew even play? Based on the ESPN analysts on various shows, I thought Lamar Jackson and Cam Newton were the only QBs to play this weekend.

National media still in ignore Jaguars and Minshew mode .... that's ok.
This W was a fluke .... clots were that bad ....it couldn't have been the Jags were that good.
Give it time .... they'll have some crow to eat too.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Nominated by whom? Is there a link to a list of nominees?

(09-15-2020, 03:22 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: National media still in ignore Jaguars and Minshew mode .... that's ok.
This W was a fluke .... clots were that bad ....it couldn't have been the Jags were that good.

It will always be this way unfortunately.

It's somewhat comical because I saw some power rankings after week 1 and some of them had the Jags around 28, with a bunch of 0-1 teams still ahead including the clots lmao.

I don't even pay attention to their crap anyways, its mainly fodder for big market fanbases as a revenue generating stream.

(09-15-2020, 03:24 PM)enigma Wrote:
(09-15-2020, 03:22 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: National media still in ignore Jaguars and Minshew mode .... that's ok.

It will always be this way unfortunately.

It's somewhat comical because I saw some power rankings after week 1 and some of them had the Jags around 28, with a bunch of 0-1 teams still ahead including the clots lmao.

I don't even pay attention to their crap anyways, its mainly fodder for big market fanbases as a revenue generating stream.

Yeah.  The Jags' win against the team a lot of people expect to take the division jumped us like 3 spots.  Washington's win jumped them like 8 or 9.

(09-15-2020, 03:24 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Nominated by whom?  Is there a link to a list of nominees?

Anyone?

(09-15-2020, 04:09 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(09-15-2020, 03:24 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Nominated by whom?  Is there a link to a list of nominees?

Anyone?

I looked all over NFL.com to find nothing. Only rookie of the week and air/ground players.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

He should be. He played a fantastic game.

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2020, 04:25 PM by Jagwired.)

Who did that flip?

https://twitter.com/Call_In_Johnson/stat...6798154753

Edit- nevermind I see. Collin Johnson.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-15-2020, 03:16 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Did Minshew even play?   Based on the ESPN analysts on various shows, I thought Lamar Jackson and Cam Newton were the only QBs to play this weekend.

Isn't this the truth? Throw in the Brady/Brees matchup, though.

Net passing yards of 150 isn't going to win offense player of the week.

(09-15-2020, 07:38 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Net passing yards of 150 isn't going to win offense player of the week.

I agree but who cares. Minshew is a stud.

(09-15-2020, 03:16 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Did Minshew even play?   Based on the ESPN analysts on various shows, I thought Lamar Jackson and Cam Newton were the only QBs to play this weekend.

And Tom Brady. I never so much talk about a QB who lost.

(09-15-2020, 02:08 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Upper won't like this at all....

Why wouldn't I like that? He doesn't deserve to win it, and he didn't, but he was likely good enough to be nominated.

The “of the Year” awards are bogus and biased

If it were up to those knuckleheads, the Jags would lose a 7-game series even if they won 4 games