Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
AROB wants out of Chicago

Allen Robinson has removed the bears from his Instagram and Twitter profiles.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-new-england...n-robinson

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Lol,

All he had to do was play one more year with the Boat (for a lot of money) and then he'd get to be catching passes from Minshew instead of Mitch.

He doesn't want out, he wants an extension.

Poor guys. Dealing with Bortles and Trubisky.

https://twitter.com/coxsports1/status/13...76896?s=21

I really think he would be like DeVante Adams if he was on GB. He’s that good.

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2020, 02:50 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(09-15-2020, 01:32 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: He doesn't want out, he wants an extension.

I think this as well.  Trubisky had a good game Sun and the Bears won. Chicago is were he wanted to go

Uh-Oh , not the disrespect card. Buuuwaaaa!!!
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

This is no surprise at all. The guy always thought he was much better than he actually is. He's good, but he is far from great. He's making around $14 million a season in Chicago which places him 15th among WR's in annual salary. That seems fair given his production and skill set, but undoubtedly, he wants way more.

He is the 50/50 man and he's good at that. He has to be because he lacks the ability to gain separation regularly.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-15-2020, 04:32 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: This is no surprise at all. The guy always thought he was much better than he actually is. He's good, but he is far from great. He's making around $14 million a season in Chicago which places him 15th among WR's in annual salary. That seems fair given his production and skill set, but undoubtedly, he wants way more.

I'm not so sure that he's worth $14 million per season.  He was "good" here given the cast of players around him (including the QB throwing to him), but nothing special.  Perhaps I've missed it, but I don't think that he really "stood out" since he left here.  He's just another "dime-a-dozen" receiver.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(09-15-2020, 01:32 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: He doesn't want out, he wants an extension.

I spoke to soon, he's now inquiring about a trade.

(09-15-2020, 04:32 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: This is no surprise at all. The guy always thought he was much better than he actually is. He's good, but he is far from great. He's making around $14 million a season in Chicago which places him 15th among WR's in annual salary. That seems fair given his production and skill set, but undoubtedly, he wants way more.

He's in the last year of his contract.

(09-15-2020, 04:39 PM)Jagwired Wrote: He is the 50/50 man and he's good at that. He has to be because he lacks the ability to gain separation regularly.
Whew. Couldn’t be more wrong if you tried on this one.

Dude was, and not an exaggeration, the best WR at creating separation vs man coverage.

https://twitter.com/mattharmon_byb/statu...87776?s=21

(09-15-2020, 03:24 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Uh-Oh , not the disrespect card. Buuuwaaaa!!!

I really like Robinson but if he is gonna be that way I am glad he is not here anymore.
And yes, imo he is a great WR. Put him with a top 5 QB and he becomes a top 5 WR.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(09-15-2020, 05:12 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

I'm not so sure that he's worth $14 million per season.  He was "good" here given the cast of players around him (including the QB throwing to him), but nothing special.  Perhaps I've missed it, but I don't think that he really "stood out" since he left here.  He's just another "dime-a-dozen" receiver.
You also seem to be misinformed.

(09-15-2020, 05:33 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-15-2020, 05:12 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I'm not so sure that he's worth $14 million per season.  He was "good" here given the cast of players around him (including the QB throwing to him), but nothing special.  Perhaps I've missed it, but I don't think that he really "stood out" since he left here.  He's just another "dime-a-dozen" receiver.
You also seem to be misinformed.

O.K.  Inform me.  Which receiver either playing today or historically does he compare to?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

lol.. ARob is one of the best WRs in the NFL who has had to deal with some of the worst QB play you'll ever see..

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status...6110624769

(09-15-2020, 12:32 PM)Steve Wrote: Allen Robinson has removed the bears from his Instagram and Twitter profiles.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-new-england...n-robinson

Laughing Rolleyes Big Grin Laughing

Malcontents gonna be malcontent.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(09-15-2020, 06:12 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(09-15-2020, 05:33 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: You also seem to be misinformed.

O.K.  Inform me.  Which receiver either playing today or historically does he compare to?
You’re saying he’s a “dime a dozen” when in reality, he’s scoring in the 98th percentile for success rate against man coverage. That’s not “dime a dozen”.

He’s actually pretty similar to DeVante Adams. Biggest difference is Rodgers and Trubisky/Bortles.

The numbers shown above don’t take QB play into account but looks strictly at beating the corner back on each and every pass play. Can’t fault ARob for toasting his man only to have Trubisky throw it to god knows where.

Historically? Not sure. The game has changed so dramatically but he’s elite. He hasn’t “stood out” to the common fan because he plays in a god awful offense with Trubisky. However, once you dig deeper, you find he’s elite.

It was absolutely poetic that he ended up with Trubisky as his QB - and after everything, this is what has come about lol.

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2020, 06:34 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

A Rob is the only guy I wish we would of kept and resigned that got away, although I'm not so sure he wanted to be here. But I'm more than happy with our receivers and ARob picked Chi as to were he wanted to go so meh