Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Week in the AFC South-Week 2

Last Week - 3-0
Overall - 3-0

Jags
Colts
Ravens

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-16-2020, 08:07 PM)KodiakJag Wrote: ...and to Nashville Dave, you are my favorite Tack poster as well.

Well you are my favorite back up weekly division thread maker, nice job filling in last year. And to the original bullseye, glad you're back as well. 

Will be nice seeing the texans at 0-2, and either the jags or tacks 2-0. Anybody can win the division this year, and if you guys come out with a win people may start eating bologna again
[Image: incredulous.gif]

Not putting my picks out yet, but I wanted to point something out.  We do have several users on here that are fans of other teams, particularly divisional teams that have been around for a while and are "friends".  I would put out names, but I probably would leave out some of them by mistake so I would rather not do that.  I just wanted to point out that while Nashville.Dave has been a good "friend" of this message board, there are others.  We appreciate all participation.  Just keep in mind, "smack talk" is allowed as long as it doesn't get personal or vulgar.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2020, 07:35 PM by Bullseye.)

(09-17-2020, 06:59 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Not putting my picks out yet, but I wanted to point something out.  We do have several users on here that are fans of other teams, particularly divisional teams that have been around for a while and are "friends".  I would put out names, but I probably would leave out some of them by mistake so I would rather not do that.  I just wanted to point out that while Nashville.Dave has been a good "friend" of this message board, there are others.  We appreciate all participation.  Just keep in mind, "smack talk" is allowed as long as it doesn't get personal or vulgar.

I applaud these sentiments.

Of the reguar posters from visiting teams, I can't think of one that is just plain obnoxious.

One or two will engage in some smack talk on occasion, but nothing bad.

Just about all of the regulars contribute to the board.

Now then, having met my annual niceness quota to our divisional rivals... Laughing

Tacks receiver AJ Brown might miss the game with a bone bruise.

If he is out, that will make the defense's job a little easier.  I think Brown has an amazing future in the league, and is that franchise's best WR dating back to the Run N Shoot days.

But we still gotta slow down Derrick Henry.  We can't let him run wild like he normally does.

(09-17-2020, 04:48 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(09-16-2020, 08:07 PM)KodiakJag Wrote: ...and to Nashville Dave, you are my favorite Tack poster as well.

Well you are my favorite back up weekly division thread maker, nice job filling in last year. And to the original bullseye, glad you're back as well. 

Will be nice seeing the texans at 0-2, and either the jags or tacks 2-0. Anybody can win the division this year, and if you guys come out with a win people may start eating bologna again

Question for you ND...

I'm hearing that your 1st round pick.Isaiah Wilson (?), the RT out of Georgia, is off to something of a rocky start.

First he was put on the Covid 19 list, and then recently he just got pinched for a DUI.

Granted the Covid-19 is a tough break that could happen to anyone, but the DUI is something else.

We haven't seen much of training camp/preseason for anyone...but are Titans fans still bullish on him, or is concern starting to creep in.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

2-1

Jags
Colts
Ravens

Last Week - 2-1
Overall - 2-1

Jags over tacks
Vikings over clots
Ravens over tinhorns

(09-17-2020, 07:30 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(09-17-2020, 06:59 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Not putting my picks out yet, but I wanted to point something out.  We do have several users on here that are fans of other teams, particularly divisional teams that have been around for a while and are "friends".  I would put out names, but I probably would leave out some of them by mistake so I would rather not do that.  I just wanted to point out that while Nashville.Dave has been a good "friend" of this message board, there are others.  We appreciate all participation.  Just keep in mind, "smack talk" is allowed as long as it doesn't get personal or vulgar.

I applaud these sentiments.

Of the reguar posters from visiting teams, I can't think of one that is just plain obnoxious.

Now then, having met my annual niceness quota to our divisional rivals... Laughing

If he is out, that will make the defense's job a little easier.  I think Brown has an amazing future in the league, and is that franchise's best WR dating back to the Run N Shoot days.

But we still gotta slow down Derrick Henry.  We can't let him run wild like he normally does.

(09-17-2020, 04:48 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Well you are my favorite back up weekly division thread maker, nice job filling in last year. And to the original bullseye, glad you're back as well. 

Question for you ND...

I'm hearing that your 1st round pick.Isaiah Wilson (?), the RT out of Georgia, is off to something of a rocky start.

First he was put on the Covid 19 list, and then recently he just got pinched for a DUI.

Granted the Covid-19 is a tough break that could happen to anyone, but the DUI is something else.

We haven't seen much of training camp/preseason for anyone...but are Titans fans still bullish on him, or is concern starting to creep in.

Not sure about the rest of the tack fans, but i sure am concerned about em. I heard the covid concerns stem from him going to parties with college kids, and now the dui as well, probably more college parties...
We'll see if he grows up before he crashes his career but we know how it is with some of these guys. 
Where's that shirtless VY pic when we need it?

And to the other post about AJ Brown possibly missing this game with a bone bruise, that concerns me as well. Corey Davis had an excellent game last wk but if Brown cant play Davis may not get as open. 
Also, you guys know adoree jackson has been out so there's a couple rookie db's that played last wk so minshew may have some guys running wide open. Its not like our defensive backfield has been a strength

(09-17-2020, 11:43 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(09-17-2020, 07:30 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I applaud these sentiments.

Question for you ND...

Not sure about the rest of the tack fans, but i sure am concerned about em. I heard the covid concerns stem from him going to parties with college kids, and now the dui as well, probably more college parties...
We'll see if he grows up before he crashes his career but we know how it is with some of these guys. 

And to the other post about AJ Brown possibly missing this game with a bone bruise, that concerns me as well. Corey Davis had an excellent game last wk but if Brown cant play Davis may not get as open. 
Also, you guys know adoree jackson has been out so there's a couple rookie db's that played last wk so minshew may have some guys running wide open. Its not like our defensive backfield has been a strength

NFL Network is reporting that AJ Brown is out.

I didn't know Wilson's Covid diagnosis was the result of a party.

Factoring in that and the DUI, in retrospect, do you think that's why he lasted until the bottom of the first round?

As for the game, I'm hoping the Jaguars jump out to an early lead.  That might help take Henry out of the game, and Brown's absence might make it harder for the tacks to come back.

This is a must win week for the Texans.

They lost a tough opening week against the Chiefs, and follor it up with a touch week 2 against Baltimore.

But that's not the end of the tough games for the Texans.

They have two more tough games after that, with matchups against Pittsburgh in week 3 and Minnesota in week 4.

All of those are possible losses to the Texans.

While the entire division generally plays the same slate of plays, giving the Texans time to catch up, nothing in the scedule is guaranteed, and if theey start 0-4, there is no certainty this team catches uo.

(09-18-2020, 03:10 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(09-17-2020, 11:43 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Not sure about the rest of the tack fans, but i sure am concerned about em. I heard the covid concerns stem from him going to parties with college kids, and now the dui as well, probably more college parties...

NFL Network is reporting that AJ Brown is out.

I didn't know Wilson's Covid diagnosis was the result of a party.

Factoring in that and the DUI, in retrospect, do you think that's why he lasted until the bottom of the first round?

As for the game, I'm hoping the Jaguars jump out to an early lead.  That might help take Henry out of the game, and Brown's absence might make it harder for the tacks to come back.

Vrabels been sticking up for em, but how much of that is because he's the first round pick. He says he's a good kid, just a dumb one it seems. When the campus cops showed up at the party, wilson almost jumped from a 2nd floor balcony to get away. 

I like your take on the texans too, 0-4 is a real possibility.

Overall record 3-0

This week I'm taking

Jags
Ravens
Colts

2-1 last week

Titans
Ravens
Vikings

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2020, 09:14 PM by DangerousBoy.)

Jaguars (1-0) at Tennessee (1-0)
Coming back from a late Monday night game, one in which they didn't really impress me (and should of lost if not for the gross incompetence of the Bronco's coaching time management), if we stop Henry we win. I think we just do that, but it wouldn't shock me to be wrong. Jaguars over tacks.

Minnesota (0-1) at Indianapolis (0-1)
The colts didn't impress me and though the vikings got worked by Aaron Rodgers, Phillip Rivers is no Aaron Rodgers. Vikings over clots.

Baltimore (1-0) at Houston (0-1)
Houston will get rolled. Ravens over the tinhorns.

Last week:           2-1
Overall:                2-1
"Knowledge is power, guard it well."

3-0

Ill take the following this week.

Jaguars
Ravens
Vikings - Changed my mind, I'll take the Colts

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

1-2, thanks to the Jags (yes!) and the Broncos (boo!)

I'll go Tacks, Vikings, Ravens

(09-16-2020, 08:01 AM)Bullseye Wrote: One week in, so far so good as the Good guys Jacksonville Jaguars are currently tied for first atop the division, with their surprising to most win over the Colts, in a game where Gardner Minshew completed 19-201 for 3 TDs and no INTs-the textbook definition of efficiency.  The Texans began the season with the daunting task of opening the season in KC.  It did not go well, as the Texans lost 34-20 to the defending champs.  Finally, benefitting from  what was quite possibly the worst example of clock mismanagement I’ve seen, Tennessee pulled out a tough win over Denver on Monday night over Denver.  Prediction wise, last year I got off to a horrendous start, and it took me until half the season to finally get my head above water.  So fat, while I am thrilled to have been wrong about the Jaguars Colts game last week, I am irritiated to be right about Tennessee, given the circumstances of how the game ended.  Hopefully, I will continue my walk with prognostication respectability, but for the, the struggle will be still processing the unknown while guarding against overreacting.

Now for the picks:
Jaguars (1-0) at Tennessee (1-0)-The good guys go into Trashville and face the evil and villainous tacks.  Nissan stadium has become a house of horrors for the Jaguars over the years, and the team has suffered some if its most demoralizing losses there.  RB Derrick has played a major role in that misery over the past 2-3 seasons,   Can Henry be slowed this week?  Vrabel has done a good job getting his team to be more physical against the Jaguars defense. And though the Jaguars won last week, I don’t see them being up to the task of slowing down the Tack running game.  I also wonder how CJ Henderson, who came up with an outstanding first performance against the Colts, will manage against bigger, more physical receivers in AJ Brown and Corey Davus.  The Colts were thought to be an improved defense, but Minshew and the Jaguars offense were effective against the Colts.   I think they are up against a team with a better defensive pedigree in Tennessee.  While initial result show the addition of  Clowney was good, believe it or not, I think the Jaguars’ T play is better than what Denver had to offer.  Adoree Jackson will miss the game.  If Minshew can get time, the good young group of Jaguars receivers may be able to exploit it.    Titans win 23-17.

Minnesota (0-1) at Indianapolis (0-1)
In what appears to be an interesting game on paper, the Vikings travel to Indy to face the Colts.  The lingering question to me is if the Colts are overrated?  I look at their roster, built from shrewd trades down, and I see a lot of good players.  But what to make of Phillip Rivers?  He seems like his resume will get him some talk of Hall of Fame consideration.  But in recent years at least, I heard a lot of talk about his propensity of throwing key INTs.  Because I don’t watch Rivers too much, I wondered where that talk came from.  I saw that last week.    It seemed like there wasn’t much zip on his passes.  On his INTs, he didn’t seem to step into his throws, although I saw no pressure on those plays.  How much of that is poor fundamentals (a ridiculous thought considering his status as a coaches’ son and his tenure in the league) , how much of this is age, and how much is receiver fault?  If it’s age, the Colts could be in trouble.  As for Minnesota, last week we saw the results of a lot of departures on defense going up against Canton bound Aaron Rodgers.  The Colts had some difficulty stopping rookie UDFA James Robinson behind the Jaguars’ OL.  I believe they will have more issues stopping Vikings RB Dalvin Cook, who just earned a contract extension from the Vikings.  I do not think the loss of Mack will be as hard on the Colts as it may initially seem.  Taylor behind that OL could produce in a big way for the Colts.  I will pick the Vikings here due to the possibility of Cousins having more in his arm than Rivers-26-21.

Baltimore (1-0) at Houston (0-1)-the division’s marquee matchup in week 2 featuring two playoff games from last year when the Ravens head down o Houston to face the Texans.  The Ravens are fresh off a huge blowout win over the Browns (how many times will dupes like me continue to give the Browns credit for a good roster when they can’t seem to produce?).  In a game featuring two of the most dynamic QBs in the league I give Deshaun Watson as being the better passer between the two, while Lamar Jackson is the better runner-though clearly both QBs are good at mobility and passing.   I see the Ravens as a better top to bottom roster than the Texans.  I see talent and depth everywhere on the Ravens roster.  The Texans, meanwhile?  Not sure about their receivers, DL  outside of Watt, DBs and WRs.  While David Johnson had a decent first showing with the Texans, it had to sting Texans fans to see that monster performance from Hopkins.     With the lack of crowd noise playing a factor, I think Baltimore scores more and pulls it out 30-24.

Last week:           2-1
Overall:                2-1

It's looking like another 2-1 week...though I was rooting like hell for the Jaguars to pull out the win.

(09-16-2020, 06:52 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: 2-1 last week. 

2-1 overall

my picks this week.  

Ravans-defesne was already really good,adding campel made it even better. 

colts- vikeings qb kirk is highly overrated rivers is the much better qb. 

titians-they have the jags number

3-0 this week 

5-1 over all.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2020, 07:24 PM by Nashville.Dave.)

(09-16-2020, 02:23 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(09-16-2020, 10:45 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: 1-3

Jags  -  (tacks looked really rusty on monday and have a short week to fix it)
vikes
ravens

That's what worries me. The Titans looked like they were wearing concrete shoes at times while the jags (what i saw) looked very efficient. I expect the Titans to fix it pretty fast though, and being at home should help with the short week. 
I think we see a very close game and i'm hoping the tacks can pull it out. 

Tacks
Colts
Ravens

3-0
6-0 
Just like those flaming thumbtacks,  i'm undefeated this season. 
Once again, good game today jags. Your team showed alot of heart. Thought those tacks were doomed.
Good luck thursday night. (I'm pickin the jags)

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2020, 10:34 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

(09-16-2020, 10:33 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: Tacks
Vikings
Ravens
2-1 last week

2-1 this week. Vikings are looking like pretenders right now, that 2nd round pick is getting better and better
4-2 overall.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Evened it up at 3-3 overall after going 1-2 this week.

Voted with my heart more than my mind on the Jags game and I didn't expect Kirk coupons to be THIS miserable. Yan gotta be loving his new digs!