Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***OFFICIAL GAME DAY THREAD week two Jags @ tacks***

disappointing with everything that happened we were still in a situation to win it... should have spiked the ball...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-20-2020, 04:03 PM)JaguarWC Wrote:
(09-20-2020, 04:00 PM)uthill Wrote: Minshew isn't the answer after that.

I hope those are the emotions talking.  Dude has been great for us.

No it was where he threw it with the time remaining. Like he just threw it with not a care in the world where it went. You can't do that. He had some great plays? Sure he did but he also had some bad ones that he shouldn't be doing..like late throws a bunch but under duress he nails it.

This team has already shown more than most expected this year. Regroup for Thursday and Fitzmagic.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Need to stop with the ref BS, you can't put the arm around. It gets called. It's on Marrone, that squib kick was egregious.

The refs definitely have it out for us there's no doubt about that... that pass interference play BS... you see that time and time again and it's not called

(09-20-2020, 04:05 PM)uthill Wrote:
(09-20-2020, 04:03 PM)JaguarWC Wrote: I hope those are the emotions talking.  Dude has been great for us.

No it was where he threw it with the time remaining. Like he just threw it with not a care in the world where it went. You can't do that. He had some great plays? Sure he did but he also had some bad ones that he shouldn't be doing..like late throws a bunch but under duress he nails it.

Dude, without Minshew this game is a blowout

(09-20-2020, 04:02 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I said I would be okay with a loss if we went down fighting, and we did. Referee cooking notwithstanding, It's a young team that's prone to mistakes. The arrow is definitely pointing up.

Im good with this loss....we showed the stinkin' tacks 
and the rest of the league the Jags won't back down from any other team.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Not the answer? Would have been blown out with most qbs. Worst take of the year award.

Two horrible PI calls that ended up being very consequential and a couple special team mistakes contributed to the loss but I'm sure Minshew wishes he had that last one back. He's young, still basically a rook. He's going to be outstanding.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We are a fun team to watch on offense, lots of talent there.

Minshew played a great game for the most part but the sack he took and that final play were two huge mistakes he has to absolutely correct. Can't hold on the ball like that and should have had more awareness at the end.

Wash should be fired on the spot as usual and usual we'll be witnessing the same thing next week on defense.

The stupid squib kick idea was the difference in the end together with 2-3 calls that went against us at the very very very wrong time.

We made it close but we have a team and a fun offense. Too bad for the loss cause 2-0 against two division rivals would have been massive.

Theres a flag in every single close late game it seems like

Lol zebras

(09-20-2020, 04:05 PM)uthill Wrote:
(09-20-2020, 04:03 PM)JaguarWC Wrote: I hope those are the emotions talking.  Dude has been great for us.

Only a moron would blame the QB for a game lost 33-30. This team was down multiple scores early and the QB brought them back to make it a game. But your takes usually are this bad, so business as usual.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Disappointing end, and really unlucky for the ricochet to fall that way. We probably should have spiked it, but GM will learn from that. Both int's were pretty unlucky.

Really happy with the offence they did more than enough to win the game. ST totally falling apart multiple times was the killer. Defence wasnt great, but felt they improved second half.

By no means a soul destroying loss, its a young team, and they're still performing much better than I expected them to this year

Shake it off. Better times are definitely ahead.

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2020, 04:10 PM by jaglyn.)

Need a meme that shows a goodell teabag on the Refs facemasks

Jags are gonna win some games this year. They shoulda won this one. I know how you guys feel with the penalty in the end. Jags fought hard, you guys should be proud. Minshew is the real deal
[Image: incredulous.gif]

We really have to assess what we have on defense, which from the looks of it, is not much.Outside of being decent against the run, what are we going to be able to do this year?

We have zero pass rush

(09-20-2020, 04:07 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-20-2020, 04:05 PM)uthill Wrote: No it was where he threw it with the time remaining. Like he just threw it with not a care in the world where it went. You can't do that. He had some great plays? Sure he did but he also had some bad ones that he shouldn't be doing..like late throws a bunch but under duress he nails it.

Only a moron would blame the QB for a game lost 33-30. This team was down multiple scores early and the QB brought them back to make it a game. But your takes usually are this bad, so business as usual.
I'm going to defend uthill in this regard although Gardner Minshew is pretty good at times and has a fight to the finish mentality in him but his limitations will never will allow him to be great so that's why we need another quarterback like Trevor Lawrence or Justin fields.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2020, 04:13 PM by homebiscuit.)

The tacks fans can come here and crow, if they like, but we all know it will be hollow.

You cool, Dave. You cool.

(09-20-2020, 04:08 PM)Ordar Wrote: Disappointing end, and really unlucky for the ricochet to fall that way. We probably should have spiked it, but GM will learn from that. Both int's were pretty unlucky.

Really happy with the offence they did more than enough to win the game. ST totally falling apart multiple times was the killer. Defence wasnt great, but felt they improved second half.

By no means a soul destroying loss, its a young team, and they're still performing much better than I expected them to this year

I've been very down on this team during the off season but been pleasantly surprised by a lot. The fight, the effort. Down 14 at the half, on the road, easy to just write it off as a L but they had a real go second half. 

Looking forward to seeing how this team reacts over the season, does this game make heads drop or makes us realise if we just play a cleaner game we are better than we think.