Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***OFFICIAL GAME DAY THREAD week two Jags @ tacks***

We will beat the fish next week.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-20-2020, 04:12 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(09-20-2020, 04:07 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Only a moron would blame the QB for a game lost 33-30. This team was down multiple scores early and the QB brought them back to make it a game. But your takes usually are this bad, so business as usual.
I'm going to defend uthill in this regard although Gardner Minshew is pretty good at times and has a fight to the finish mentality in him but his limitations will never will allow him to be great so that's why we need another quarterback like Trevor Lawrence or Justin fields.

"His limitations". What they hell are you talking about? His draft position?
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(09-20-2020, 04:12 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(09-20-2020, 04:07 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Only a moron would blame the QB for a game lost 33-30. This team was down multiple scores early and the QB brought them back to make it a game. But your takes usually are this bad, so business as usual.
I'm going to defend uthill in this regard although Gardner Minshew is pretty good at times and has a fight to the finish mentality in him but his limitations will never will allow him to be great so that's why we need another quarterback like Trevor Lawrence or Justin fields.

Yeah, that's why the Chargers let Brees go. They needed Philip Rivers to get them over the hump.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-20-2020, 04:13 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: The tacks fans can come here and crow, if they like, but we all know it will be hollow.

You cool, Dave. You cool.

Haha yeah hopefully the other tack fans know the tacks were lucky to get the win in the end.
[Image: incredulous.gif]

Question I have is why do a onside kick with like 10 seconds left in the half. You still have a whole half of football to play.

Doug does this in a meaningless game, but shuts down the offense right before halftime in the AFC championship game with just under 2 minutes to play.

What did the card say in this scenario Doug? Did it say squib kick?
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

(09-20-2020, 04:16 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote: Question I have is why do a onside kick with like 10 seconds left in the half. You still have a whole half of football to play.

Doug does this in a meaningless game, but shuts down the offense right before halftime in the AFC championship game with just under 2 minutes to play.

What did the card say in this scenario Doug? Did it say squib kick?

The way Lambo reacted and the way the commentators where talking it sounded like it was a goof, not something intentional.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Tough way for that game to end.

Great day by Tannehill was the real difference. The defense struggled for sure, but for most of the day I felt it was good execution by the offense more than terrible defensive play.

Special teams was a problem for the first time in a while. Squib kick, missed extra point, 2 muffs on returns (lucky out of bounds), bad punt late.

As well as Minshew played, he also had some poor moments. I am confident he will improve. Excited to watch this young man grow into a franchise QB.

Also screw the Tank for Trevor guy in this thread.

We have NO quarterback problem here.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2020, 04:27 PM by nejagsfan.)

(09-20-2020, 04:06 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(09-20-2020, 04:05 PM)uthill Wrote: No it was where he threw it with the time remaining. Like he just threw it with not a care in the world where it went. You can't do that. He had some great plays? Sure he did but he also had some bad ones that he shouldn't be doing..like late throws a bunch but under duress he nails it.

Dude, without Minshew this game is a blowout

Right!! I can't even believe somebody would give minshew hard time... yeah maybe he should have spiked it.... but without him we wouldn't have even been in a situation too tie up or win.... if anything that horrible kickoff killed it for us... or missed extra point.... but I'm not even going to put that on lambo.... it sucks to lose that way... but the amount of rookies we have on our team and how ugly it was we still stayed in the game to possibly win it.... that speaks volumes about our team...

(09-20-2020, 04:25 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: We have NO quarterback problem here.

we definitely don't...

https://twitter.com/jags9oh4/status/1307...47041?s=21

big yikes from the zebras

(09-20-2020, 04:27 PM)TheSchmidt Wrote: https://twitter.com/jags9oh4/status/1307...47041?s=21

yeah my opinion the zebras were horrible today

(09-20-2020, 04:14 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(09-20-2020, 04:12 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: I'm going to defend uthill in this regard although Gardner Minshew is pretty good at times and has a fight to the finish mentality in him but his limitations will never will allow him to be great so that's why we need another quarterback like Trevor Lawrence or Justin fields.

"His limitations". What they hell are you talking about? His draft position?

I'm talking about his lack of arm strength which is the reason why he can't make all the throws and sometimes his height is a limitation and that's why he hold a ball for a while and run out the pocket too soon when the offensive line protection is there because he's trying to buy more time. Take away the hostility I'm just giving my opinion on the situation even you don't like it.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(09-20-2020, 04:27 PM)TheSchmidt Wrote: https://twitter.com/jags9oh4/status/1307...47041?s=21

That no call and the DPI on Myles Jack were a joke.

(09-20-2020, 04:10 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Jags are gonna win some games this year. They shoulda won this one. I know how you guys feel with the penalty in the end. Jags fought hard, you guys should be proud. Minshew is the real deal

Titans played a disciplined game, we appreciate the kind words and look forward to playing you guys in our house later in the year.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2020, 04:34 PM by Jag88.)

I dont mind not spiking it there. You don't need to waste a play and still have time. However, bad luck on the play. Maybe throw the ball down field there. We should have won this game. Everyone knows the reasons why we got the L. Let's beat the dolphins

(09-20-2020, 04:30 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

That no call and the DPI on Myles Jack were a joke.

My word, that is BAD!!! How do they miss that?!?!?
Championship Formula:

4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Refs were too busy expecting a false start from the Jags

(09-20-2020, 04:33 PM)Firesky Wrote:
(09-20-2020, 04:30 PM)Eric1 Wrote: That no call and the DPI on Myles Jack were a joke.

I saw that live, was holding my breath after the int.. all i can figure is maybe the center pushed the ball up a few inches from the l.o s. But it looks like clown man is for sure off sides. He hasnt impressed so far
[Image: incredulous.gif]

(09-20-2020, 04:33 PM)Firesky Wrote:
(09-20-2020, 04:30 PM)Eric1 Wrote: That no call and the DPI on Myles Jack were a joke.

well when you have referees that are against you it's easy to miss

(09-20-2020, 04:39 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(09-20-2020, 04:33 PM)Firesky Wrote: My word, that is BAD!!! How do they miss that?!?!?

I saw that live, was holding my breath after the int.. all i can figure is maybe the center pushed the ball up a few inches from the l.o s. But it looks like clown man is for sure off sides. He hasnt impressed so far

didn't understand the beasley or the clowney signings for you guys. Beasley had one outstanding year of 16 sacks and never came close to that again. Clowney has never had 10+ sacks and had microfracture surgery his rookie year, that's something that never really improves unlike an ACL tear etc. I think the Titans draft an edge player early in the next draft or two.
Championship Formula:

4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!