Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dewey Wingard

(09-20-2020, 05:53 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(09-20-2020, 05:51 PM)Kane Wrote: Wingard wasn't good early. Didn't notice him as a problem late though

I think he was late on Tannehill's last TD throw. The one that Allen had pressure on.

Ah... well dang that puts him in on or responsible for 3 of the TDs lol
And Wilson is out for a couple more games still

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-20-2020, 05:54 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Plenty of heart and effort but hes depth/ ST quality at best.

This is how I feel too. He reminded me a lot of Prosinski last year with his good ST play and the hyping of his "intelligence," but he just didn't put it together when in on defense. Granted his tackling is a lot better than Pros'. Still, I just don't see him being a serviceable long-term player at safety. I think his fairly consistent playing last year due to injuries in the secondary made a lot of people (myself included) overrate Harrison simply due to the gap between the two.

I don't know what the plan is now that Wilson's on IR, but if this team is serious about trying to compete this year, I'm not sure they can afford to trot Wingard out there at safety each week. But I'm not exactly sure where they're finding someone to replace him at this point. Almost feels like the old days of Vic telling us "help is not on the way."

Hopefully he's able to put it together and make me eat my words.
"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin

(09-20-2020, 09:07 PM)LMD Wrote:
(09-20-2020, 05:54 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Plenty of heart and effort but hes depth/ ST quality at best.

This is how I feel too. He reminded me a lot of Prosinski last year with his good ST play and the hyping of his "intelligence," but he just didn't put it together when in on defense. Granted his tackling is a lot better than Pros'. Still, I just don't see him being a serviceable long-term player at safety. I think his fairly consistent playing last year due to injuries in the secondary made a lot of people (myself included) overrate Harrison simply due to the gap between the two.

I don't know what the plan is now that Wilson's on IR, but if this team is serious about trying to compete this year, I'm not sure they can afford to trot Wingard out there at safety each week. But I'm not exactly sure where they're finding someone to replace him at this point. Almost feels like the old days of Vic telling us "help is not on the way."

IR is only a 3 week minimum this year.

We drafted some rookie safety's but I'm guessing they must play the other side

I never liked Wingard. He looked totally lost during his rookie season and he hasn't improved since then. He doesn't belong in the NFL, much less as a starter. He's gonna get picked on............alot. We've had terrible depth at Safety for a long while and now it's coming back to bite us.

He had a terrible first quarter but settled down a little after that. Still, he was a backup for a reason. Pretty much a role player.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

He played better as the game went on but he's not an every day starter. I think he is a good fit for the team though so I hope he remains on special teams for a long time. Maybe get sprinkled into defense from time to time.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

He was clearly the weak link in the secondary yesterday. Need to be looking for an upgrade.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2020, 10:54 AM by JagFan81.)

(09-20-2020, 09:07 PM)LMD Wrote:

Great post. Man I forget about Prosinski. Was so sure of him at one point.

Like I said, guy has plenty of heart and effort but a top WR will just abuse him all game long. Give him some snaps, see what he has but surely theres someone better available somewhere.

I like spending two picks on safeties next draft.

Any reason we keep getting slow white dudes out of the University of Wyoming to be our safeties (Wingard, Chris Prosinski)? Last I checked it's really not a recipe for success. Just give me Player X out of LSU, Clemson, Georgia, or Florida and I think there's much better potential.

In watching the replay he sure does try to crush dudes when he tackles. I like that trait in him. He hits dudes hard.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

I’ve seen 37 at safety with 27 and 23 at CB.

??

No, 37 was the nickel.

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2021, 06:18 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

3 weeks in and your highest rated pff Jaguar

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/andrew-wingard/49268

(09-27-2021, 04:22 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: 3 weeks in and your highest rated off Jaguar

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/andrew-wingard/49268

They must give extra points for whiffed tackles because he has plenty of them.

Put Cisco in already.

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2021, 08:03 PM by jagsfan06. Edited 1 time in total.)

The guy has 15 solo tackles1 sack and 1 pick through 3 games.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

(09-27-2021, 08:02 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: The guy has 15 solo tackles1 sack  and 1 pick through 3 games.

Yeah, I honestly was hoping we would cut him before the season.  But up to this point he has been one of our best players as weird as that feels to say

Didn't he get Defensive Play(er) of the Game against Arizona? I thought I saw something about that. Dude has turned things around for himself for the moment. If he can improve his game even more I won't be sad.

He just has to stop missing tackles and keep doing the positive things he has been doing so far. I still want to see cisco in there. Dont make dumb penalties either.