Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who do you think gets the #1 pick (Lawrence)?

Jets
Giants (lost Barkley and Jones doesn't seem to improve)
Panthers
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Hopefully the Rams go on a 14 game losing streak.

Otherwise it's the Redskins, Dolphins, or Panthers.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Jets and Giants look just awful and they have had their starters. Giants lost Barkley and Shepherd today but Jets are just bad.

Jets and Panthers.

Redskins

Jets by a mile at this point

(09-20-2020, 08:43 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Jets by a mile at this point

Yep. Gase should be done, I dont see him ever HC in the NFL again.  What a train wreck. 'The QB whisperer" has been such a funny nickname for him. Busts out Tannehiill, who moves to TEN and balls. Now has Darnold, promising QB prospect looking like trash. Some QB whisperer, trying to ruin back to back QB careers. 

New FO, HC and QB coming for NY. Jets are a true dumpster fire.

The Jets are pathetic.

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2020, 07:54 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Yes, the Jets. They have zero talent. Would yall trade one of our 1st for Quinnen Williams? Or maybe say a 2nd and a 3rd? I think he would be much better at 3 tech in a 4-3. I wonder what it would take to get Williams from the Jets. He hasn't been that good but I think its because of the scheme and D he is in

Allen-Williams-Hamilton-Chaisson would be a nice dline for the future

(09-21-2020, 07:53 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yes, the Jets.  They have zero talent.  Would yall trade one of our 1st for Quinnen Williams?  Or maybe say a 2nd and a 3rd? I think he would be much better at 3 tech in a 4-3.  I wonder what it would take to get Williams from the Jets.  He hasn't been that good but I think its because of the scheme and D he is in

Allen-Williams-Hamilton-Chaisson would be a nice dline for the future

No. There will be some good 3 techniques available in the draft. The guy I really have my eye on is Jaylen Twyman of Pitt. He opted out this year, but when I watched him in 2019, I saw flashes of Aaron Donald.

I'd say Skins/Jets. Skins have TALENT but Haskins looks lost. Jets are just a dumpster fire right now. I laugh at everyone that had Jags tanking before the season kicked off. Minshew is BALLIN right now.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

It's the Jets. The only hope they have is a midseason firing and the team rallying around the interim hire.
My sleeper picks: Loins and Falcons.

Frankly, I think these three teams are in the race for who fires their HC first.

Of the three, I only see the Loins as the ones in need of a QB (unless the Jets pull a Rosen on Darnold), so they may move away from Lawrence if a team rolls a wheelbarrow full of picks to their front door (spoiler: it won't be us)

(09-21-2020, 09:15 AM)NCJag Wrote: I'd say Skins/Jets.  Skins have TALENT but Haskins looks lost.  Jets are just a dumpster fire right now.  I laugh at everyone that had Jags tanking before the season kicked off.  Minshew is BALLIN right now.

Have you seen Washington? Haskins has one viable receiver and he's running for his life on every play. That O-Line folds up like a lawn chair as soon as the ball is snapped. If they had a "go to" receiver and at least 3 reliable offensive linemen, I think Haskins would be just fine.

Judging after 2 games, gotta say the Jets. Giants look to be in a pretty bad spot as well after losing Barkley to ACL. I would throw in Carolina, but you gotta think CMC will win them a couple. Football team, that D line is legit and will allow them to win some games. Denver looks pretty bad as well, injuries are starting to mount. Lot of contenders!

Jets, Giants, Football Team, and Panthers are all contenders. The Dolphins also look worse than I expected.

The Jags have a legitimate shot to win the division if the offense continues to produce.

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2020, 10:59 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

The Jets got clobbered by the 49'ers after the Niners lost or didn't play their starting QB, 3 of their best pass rushers, their #1 receiver and their starting RB and backup RB. That game was practically handed to the Jets on a silver platter and they couldn't even come close to making it a game. That is ridiculous. That team might not win a single game.

(09-21-2020, 10:44 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: Jets, Giants, Football Team, and Panthers are all contenders.  The Dolphins also look worse than I expected.

The Jags have a legitimate shot to win the division if the offense continues to produce.

We gotta get better play from the defense though, especially in the secondary.

(09-21-2020, 09:55 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-21-2020, 09:15 AM)NCJag Wrote: I'd say Skins/Jets.  Skins have TALENT but Haskins looks lost.  Jets are just a dumpster fire right now.  I laugh at everyone that had Jags tanking before the season kicked off.  Minshew is BALLIN right now.

Have you seen Washington? Haskins has one viable receiver and he's running for his life on every play. That O-Line folds up like a lawn chair as soon as the ball is snapped. If they had a "go to" receiver and at least 3 reliable offensive linemen, I think Haskins would be just fine.

I have seen Haskins.  And you just described Minshew from last year.  

Side note: I watched that kid Gandy-Golden at Liberty last year.  He's pretty good.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(09-21-2020, 12:15 PM)NCJag Wrote:
(09-21-2020, 09:55 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Have you seen Washington? Haskins has one viable receiver and he's running for his life on every play. That O-Line folds up like a lawn chair as soon as the ball is snapped. If they had a "go to" receiver and at least 3 reliable offensive linemen, I think Haskins would be just fine.

I have seen Haskins.  And you just described Minshew from last year.  

Side note: I watched that kid Gandy-Golden at Liberty last year.  He's pretty good.

Agreed, I like him as well, but he is a rookie and rookie WR's usually take a while to develop chemistry with the QB. I remember D.J. Chark's rookie season. It wasn't pretty and a lot of people on the board were calling him a bust. I was a big supporter of drafting him and had him as my top rated receiver the year he came out, but even I started having a few doubts after his first season in the NFL. Now, he's my favorite offensive player.

(09-21-2020, 10:58 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: The Jets got clobbered by the 49'ers after the Niners lost or didn't play their starting QB, 3 of their best pass rushers, their #1 receiver and their starting RB and backup RB. That game was practically handed to the Jets on a silver platter and they couldn't even come close to making it a game. That is ridiculous. That team might not win a single game.

(09-21-2020, 10:44 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: Jets, Giants, Football Team, and Panthers are all contenders.  The Dolphins also look worse than I expected.

We gotta get better play from the defense though, especially in the secondary.

I 100% agree, and I expect it to happen.  This team will improve as the year goes on.  I've been encouraged by our halftime defensive adjustments so far.

(09-21-2020, 10:43 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Judging after 2 games, gotta say the Jets. Giants look to be in a pretty bad spot as well after losing Barkley to ACL. I would throw in Carolina, but you gotta think CMC will win them a couple. Football team, that D line is legit and will allow them to win some games. Denver looks pretty bad as well, injuries are starting to mount. Lot of contenders!

CMC out 4-6 weeks with high ankle sprain.  Doubtful he will be 100% at all this season.