Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 3 Thurs night vs Miami

I'm hoping this is the game where our dline gets going.  We have played 2 really good olines so far , Mia not so much.  CJ should matchup good with Parker.  We have to cover Gesicki and get pressure and I think our D has a good game.  They have good corners but i think our offense will have another good outing.  This is the game we can turn the corner for the season imo and start a little win streak

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I like our chances. Fast turnaround this week. Considering going to this game, should be a Jaguars win.

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2020, 10:21 PM by Newton.)

This is a huge game regarding morale and outlook for the year. Win and get to 2-1. This is all we need to worry about right now. Miami will be playing hard in a 0-2 hole, so we have to bring our A game.

(09-20-2020, 10:21 PM)Newton Wrote: This is a huge game regarding morale and outlook for the year. Win and get to 2-1. This is all we need to worry about right now. Miami will be playing hard in a 0-2 hole, so we have to bring our A game.

Agreed.  This is the kind of game that can set your path for the season.  We will be a home favorite to win.  Get the W and our confidence will rise and we will start believing in ourselves.  Lose a game at home that you're supposed to win, and the good feelings from the first 2 weeks will feel like a distant memory and confidence is shattered.  I believe we will come through!
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

I got Minshew throwing 2 TDs. And JR should have another good day on the ground.

Jags should win this game. 31-30

Fitzy gonna light it up, our pass D is swiss cheese two weeks in.

I think it's gonna be close, knock on wood we didn't get too banged up against the tacks, other than Linder (knee) and Hayden (noggin), I don't remember any serious injury. This will be a big test for Robinson, he was a workhorse Sunday and his first short week. Hopefully the team plays angry, that loss to the tacks has to sting more than a blowout would.

Jags by a field goal.

(09-20-2020, 09:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'm hoping this is the game where our dline gets going.  We have played 2 really good olines so far , Mia not so much.  CJ should matchup good with Parker.  We have to cover Gesicki and get pressure and I think our D has a good game.  They have good corners but i think our offense will have another good outing.  This is the game we can turn the corner for the season imo and start a little win streak

If we don't generate some pass rush in this game, it could be a long season for the defense. I'm expecting Minshew to light up the scoreboard in this one, but don't sleep on Fitzgerald. He's been known to go on extreme hot streaks and I believe he's due for one. Given how our secondary has been playing, I think this one is gonna be a shootout. I say 34-31 Jacksonville.

Josh Allen just threw for 400 and 4tds on them. Minshew should have another good day.

I already took the Over. 45 between these 2 teams, could be into the 60s.
This will be a tough out, I already know Gesicki will get another 100 yrd performance and probably a TD or 2. If we can eliminate the turnovers, we should be able to pull it out. 34-30 good guys
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES 
ATLANTS BRAVES 

It's a game we should win, but....we know how that turns out alot #becausejaguars

Hopefully a 28-21 victory, that's what I am feeling

If we can come out of the Lions game atleast 3-2 that's a win imo. I do expect a muff up between Mia, Cib, and Det. Burrow really worrying me with this secondary haha, our guys will get better tho with experience.
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES 
ATLANTS BRAVES 

(09-21-2020, 08:58 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Josh Allen just threw for 400 and 4tds on them. Minshew should have another good day.

You say this as if Josh Allen is a bad player... 

But I agree.. Minshew should have a day. Also Fitzmagic might throw for 500.

Prime time game. If possible, I think we need to up the # of fans allowed in to 50% capacity. that would be consistent with the capacity allowed by Florida now at other public gathering sites like bars, restaurants, etc, and would help to dispel the national myth that we dont have an engaged fan base.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Fitz has some magic sometimes ..... so it's not a gimme game.
Being a Thursday night game.... the "New Jags" can make or break their new reputation.

Let's lead this game from the start!
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

I guess I am in the minority here, but I think we win this game easily. After that heartbreaking loss to the Tacks, this team will come back home with some anger to take out on Miami.

Hard to say how a young team will react after a game like that, especially on a short week. They are saying the right things but how they perform will give us insight into the resilience of the young guys. I'm looking forward to it.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We’re about to face a quality TE. Unless we blitz Fitz, our secondary could be in for a loooong day.

Can't underestimate any opponent. However, we should be able to crush the Phins. 2-1 overall with 2 conference wins and 1 divisional win will be good for us. Need better a defensive effort though. Let's go Jags.

Let's go. I think the offense can keep playing the way they've done. It's time for the defense to step up!

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2020, 04:19 PM by jaguarmvp.)

I am eating Dolphin safe tuna that night.

I am drunk off the koolaid and taking the Jags here 30-23!

*Delete did not see the previous thread!
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]