Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Anybody Still Doubting Caldwell?

Caldwell has TWO hits in 7 years as GM to me. My opinion of a hit is a player drafted and resigned off the rookie deal while playing at an average/above average level during that time. Those two players are Myles Jack and Brandon Linder. Nobody else matters if you don't resign them, you don't draft talent to just let it go that's pointless.

TWO HITS LOL! My god it's honestly HILARIOUS anybody can even muster up a defense for this clown.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Tonight was the first really bad game but it was against a bottom feeder team we should have beat. No one has illusions of winning a division title but today we looked like a 3 win team. This roster is 100% Caldwells no more excuses
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(09-24-2020, 11:40 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Caldwell has TWO hits in 7 years as GM to me. My opinion of a hit is a player drafted and resigned off the rookie deal while playing at an average/above average level during that time. Those two players are Myles Jack and Brandon Linder. Nobody else matters if you don't resign them, you don't draft talent to just let it go that's pointless.

TWO HITS LOL! My god it's honestly HILARIOUS anybody can even muster up a defense for this clown.

He got two firsts and a few years of good play for Ramsey. That is also a hit

(09-25-2020, 12:07 AM)lastonealive Wrote:
(09-24-2020, 11:40 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Caldwell has TWO hits in 7 years as GM to me. My opinion of a hit is a player drafted and resigned off the rookie deal while playing at an average/above average level during that time. Those two players are Myles Jack and Brandon Linder. Nobody else matters if you don't resign them, you don't draft talent to just let it go that's pointless.

Great!  Two more picks of young POTENTIAL!  I can't wait to win the Draft again!   Wallbash
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(09-25-2020, 12:07 AM)lastonealive Wrote:

Not a hit, just keeps us afloat. No good teams stay good by trading top talent for more picks. Just negates the two. That’s my opinion though, and I understand those who consider these trades beneficial.

"but but Caldwell got 2 first for Ramsey"

The same idiot is making those picks!

#becausejaguars
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

I doubt Caldwell from the time I wake up to the time I fall asleep.

Caldwell is worse than Gene Smith.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2020, 07:36 PM by Eric1.)

(09-25-2020, 07:35 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: Caldwell is worse than Gene Smith.

not even close to as bad as Gene was

(09-25-2020, 07:36 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

not even close to as bad as Gene was

In what respect....

Drafting?

Coaching Hires?

Roster?

FA's?

Winning % during tenure?

News Conferences?

please advise, thanks.
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

(09-25-2020, 07:41 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote:
(09-25-2020, 07:36 PM)Eric1 Wrote: not even close to as bad as Gene was

In what respect....

Drafting?

Coaching Hires?

Roster?

FA's?

Winning % during tenure?

News Conferences?

please advise, thanks.

Gene Smith was god awful. I'm not going to waste my time arguing this because it's not even close. 

You may think Caldwell is bad and that's perfectly fine, but anybody who thinks Gene Smith was better than him is lost. I'm sorry.

(09-25-2020, 07:59 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-25-2020, 07:41 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote: In what respect....

Drafting?

Coaching Hires?

Roster?

FA's?

Winning % during tenure?

News Conferences?

please advise, thanks.

Gene Smith was god awful. I'm not going to waste my time arguing this because it's not even close. 

You may think Caldwell is bad and that's perfectly fine, but anybody who thinks Gene Smith was better than him is lost. I'm sorry.

Yah.  It is clear I am NOT a Caldwell fan.  But even I would have him slightly higher than Gene.   Laughing
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

Caldwell is bad at his job. Gene Smith might have been the worst NFL GM in history. Just look at our 2010 draft.

Caldwell is not as bad as Gene, but he probably is the worst GM that has ever been given 8 years (and counting) of leash.

Caldwell is the worst GM in the NFL. That is a fact.

After last night, I would agree that his time has come and gone. We need some fresh blood in this building.

(09-25-2020, 07:59 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-25-2020, 07:41 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote: In what respect....

Drafting?

Coaching Hires?

Roster?

FA's?

Winning % during tenure?

News Conferences?

please advise, thanks.

Comparing Gene and Dave is like judging the best smelling turd.  Just the fact that people compare these two show you how bad Dave is.  The winning percentage of Dave and Gene are about the same.  The team is disrespected by the league now as much as it was when Gene was here.   The current roster has 0 superstars on it.  Heck we don't even have a star on this roster.   This is the team Dave built.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(09-25-2020, 10:39 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(09-25-2020, 07:59 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Gene Smith was god awful. I'm not going to waste my time arguing this because it's not even close. 

Comparing Gene and Dave is like judging the best smelling turd.  Just the fact that people compare these two show you how bad Dave is.  The winning percentage of Dave and Gene are about the same.  The team is disrespected by the league now as much as it was when Gene was here.   The current roster has 0 superstars on it.  Heck we don't even have a star on this roster.   This is the team Dave built.

Dave also built a team that would have been in the Super Bowl if the refs don't rig the game.

(09-25-2020, 11:30 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-25-2020, 10:39 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Comparing Gene and Dave is like judging the best smelling turd.  Just the fact that people compare these two show you how bad Dave is.  The winning percentage of Dave and Gene are about the same.  The team is disrespected by the league now as much as it was when Gene was here.   The current roster has 0 superstars on it.  Heck we don't even have a star on this roster.   This is the team Dave built.

Dave also built a team that would have been in the Super Bowl if the refs don't rig the game.

That's the same team that barely beat a bad Buffalo Bills team in the Wildcard game.  They got hot at the right time and were very talented on D that year, but Caldwell's QB held them back.  Let's not judge them on what they "could" have done... let's judge them on their record.  And overall in the last 8 seasons, it is the WORST winning percentage in the NFL.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2020, 11:57 PM by Eric1.)

(09-25-2020, 11:40 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(09-25-2020, 11:30 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Dave also built a team that would have been in the Super Bowl if the refs don't rig the game.

That's the same team that barely beat a bad Buffalo Bills team in the Wildcard game.  They got hot at the right time and were very talented on D that year, but Caldwell's QB held them back.  Let's not judge them on what they "could" have done... let's judge them on their record.  And overall in the last 8 seasons, it is the WORST winning percentage in the NFL.

That game in Buffalo was a [BLEEP] show for both teams... It was played in 20-30 mph winds lol.

And why were they very talented on D? Oh yea, because of Dave.. And Bortles did not hold that team back in the playoffs that year. There's a lot you can knock Bortles on, but his play during the playoffs in 2017 is not one of them.

I was all for a clean of house this past off season, everybody needed to go, but it didn't happen. It's just hilarious watching this board swing from one extreme, to the other every week. It's always the highest of highs, or the lowest of lows with this board lol. The past 2 weeks people were living the high life. Talking about how this team looked like it has a lot of young promising talent. Then this week the team lays an egg and it's right back to fire everybody, the sky is falling, zero talent blah blah.

This is the youngest team in the league. What did you guys expect? There's going to be some serious growing pains along the way, as we just seen last night.