Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Eat crow thread for the majority of the board

Singned,

The Jags oline

2 games in, Cann and Cam having career years.  Taylor has improved from his rookie year.  Norwell is healthy and playing very good.  Linder has played solid as usual.  Playing like a top 10 unit right now in run blocking and pass blocking.  Hopefully they only get better as the year goes on.  Credit to Warhop as well who some said he was the worst oline coach in the league.  This 2 year together has helped as a group as well along with health.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

My reservation was AJ cann and he is actually playing very well. But the RT and LT are playing very well. And we played what were considered top 1-10 defense lines.

(09-22-2020, 08:59 AM)icey14 Wrote: My reservation was AJ cann and he is actually playing very well.  But the RT and LT are playing very well. And we played what were considered top 1-10 defense lines.

The Colts have a good dline as well with Justin Houston and Buckner

No holes for Robinson in the second half vs the Colts
No holes for Robinson vs Titans in the first half
They also let Clowney alone in one play, if he hurts Minshew on that one our season would be over.

Maybe it isn't as bad as we thought but it is not good either.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(09-22-2020, 09:14 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: No holes for Robinson in the second half vs the Colts
No holes for Robinson vs Titans in the first half
They also let Clowney alone in one play, if he hurts Minshew on that one our season would be over.

Maybe it isn't as bad as we thought but it is not good either.

No oline is flawless.  Overall they have played damn good.  Robinson is averaging over 5 yards a carry and they are giving Minshew time.  They are playing like a overall  top 10 oline right now.

I predicted that our line would play well this year, so I'll stick with pizza tonight.

(09-22-2020, 09:29 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: I predicted that our line would play well this year, so I'll stick with pizza tonight.

Me too, Cann was my only concern.  He was played very well so far

I'm certainly not gonna eat crow after only 2 weeks. I'm gonna see how this thing plays out over the course of the season and then I very well may say I was wrong. Not after a mere 2 games though.

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2020, 12:56 PM by knarnn.)

They’re not elite yet, but borderline top 10 at the moment.

https://twitter.com/brickwallblitz/statu...77762?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

They are playing above average I guess. Good run blocking for the most part. Only decent pass pro IMO.

I'm just not completely sold yet. I'd like to see cleaner pockets for Minshew more often.

Man these 2 week long seasons...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2993...ssion=true

Guess this is as good a place as any to link this.

(09-22-2020, 04:30 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2993...ssion=true

Top 10, rankings match the eyes. Nice.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2020, 05:16 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(09-22-2020, 01:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: They are playing above average I guess. Good run blocking for the most part. Only decent pass pro IMO.

I'm just not completely sold yet.  I'd like to see cleaner pockets for Minshew more often.

3rd in pass block win rate.  Id say that is better than decent imo

(09-22-2020, 04:30 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2993...ssion=true

Good to see 17th in run stop win rate as well

(09-22-2020, 04:43 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote:

Top 10, rankings match the eyes. Nice.

It's a vindication of not only the players on the line, but the GM that elected not to address it much in the offseason.  Yes, I guess it could all collapse in the next few games, but right now there's more crow in the oven for the Oline naysayers.  Also: Jags, in unusual fashion, somehow managed to avoid "Bloody Sunday" injuries on the line.

Buried in the article, apparently Jags edge rusher Adam Gotsis is doing better than expected against the run.

Yeah it's only two games in but I think they've played well beyond what MOST of the board members thought they would, thus far.
Been saying it since last year, let Cam get fully healthy, let the rookie RT get his feet wet.... Better play from those guys would allow better play from the OGs.

I will say though... I'm pleasantly surprised by Cann so far. I really thought Bartch would be pushing him out of his job by the BYE and it looks like Bartch may be waiting until next year to get one of the guard spots.

I thought they'd play well enough to get to 8 wins. I thought that the offense would be surprisingly productive and I thought the defense would ultimately not be good enough for us to make the playoffs.

I did think Fournette would play a big role this year so obviously there are some cracks in my crystal ball. We'll see how close they get to that win total.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

This is why you don’t make crow threads after 2 games.

This aged well.

Getting abused by the [BLEEP] Dolphins.

I’m acting like a bulimic and barfing up the crow from two weeks ago