Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What happens if we dominate?

What happens if we come out and club the Ravens like we did to Indy last year?

What at this point can save Gus' job? And on top of that, what could he do, if anything, that could make you feel comfortable with him coming back next year?

History would tell us that we will struggle in these games and lose many more than we win. And if we go 0-4 it only makes sense to move on mid season.

Then there's the issue of if the talent on the team pushes us to 7ish wins. No more blowouts but no convincing wins. There's a possibility they could give an extension, though I don't think anyone here would be comfortable with that.

Then there's another option. Granted the least likely. We come out here and blow out the Ravens. Defense starts clicking, offense starts moving the ball again, and we're winning 10ish games and a bunch in convincing fashion, never blown out again. Rattle off 5 or 6 wins in a row, beating good teams along the way. We make the playoffs and maybe even win the first round.

I'm going to hope for the last scenario. For me, if something like that happened, I'd feel Gus was able to coach this team properly.

My biggest fear however, is the second option. I really think we'll manage to win one of these next two, keeping Gus through the season.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

One thing I miss about JDR, even the years we weren't good there was always like 1-2 games a year we would come out and absolutely wreck the other team.  If we dominate people will find ways to poke holes in the performance and say .. so and so got lucky we should have never scored that one.  Or we were fortunate so many times. luck and things along those lines.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Delusional thinking.

When it does happen it's an outlier.

If we dominate then I'll be super happy. Maybe the mods on this board will be happy too. They're just so awesome and not at all message board nazis.
Chicken nuggets is like my family.

We aren't going to win 10 games.  Gus has had 3 years to demonstrate his ability and skills as a head coach, he simply isn't doesn't have it in him to lead this team to the playoffs.  I wish he did, but it just ain't happening.  

I dont see us winning this game

There is nothing Gus can do to keep his job or be retained next year in my eyes.

I want no part of Gus coaching this team.

Quote:We aren't going to win 10 games. Gus has had 3 years to demonstrate his ability and skills as a head coach, he simply isn't doesn't have it in him to lead this team to the playoffs. I wish he did, but it just ain't happening.

This is simply a "what if" scenario. I'm in agreement with you.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

what happens if we dominate? I wouldnt worry about that

GO Jaguars
;

[Image: flying-pig.gif?w=450]

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2016, 10:26 PM by Treestone Ice.)

We have to win 3 of the next 5 games handily for Gus to restore any faith I had in him, bare minimum. That was embarrassing in San Diego. If they don't come out on fire and pissed off, if they look the way they did last Sunday, I'm gonna start the annual argument for tanking for a draft pick a wee bit early this year.

[Image: 2746728-2746728-3491681832-nicol.gif]

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

What happens if I hit the lotto, divorce my wife and run off with Margot Robbie?
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

If we dominate I'm pretty sure I'll wake up shortly then head down to Everbank to be disappointed

Quote:What happens if I hit the lotto, divorce my wife and run off with Margot Robbie?

You will be one happy man!

If we did, that's just one win. It wouldn't symbolize a change. It's time to start stacking wins.

Sure would be nice though! But we can't kid ourselves... Gus is probably getting outcoached again tomorrow.
No commercial messages in sigs

a wise old man once said

"I wouldn't worry about that"

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2016, 10:55 PM by homebiscuit.)

We could of dominant allot, but because #gus.

go Jags!!

Gus already failed the biggest test of his career which was last week. I wouldn't expect much more out of Paul Casey or you will just raise your blood pressure.

Quote:What happens if we come out and club the Ravens like we did to Indy last year?

What at this point can save Gus' job? And on top of that, what could he do, if anything, that could make you feel comfortable with him coming back next year?

History would tell us that we will struggle in these games and lose many more than we win. And if we go 0-4 it only makes sense to move on mid season.

Then there's the issue of if the talent on the team pushes us to 7ish wins. No more blowouts but no convincing wins. There's a possibility they could give an extension, though I don't think anyone here would be comfortable with that.

Then there's another option. Granted the least likely. We come out here and blow out the Ravens. Defense starts clicking, offense starts moving the ball again, and we're winning 10ish games and a bunch in convincing fashion, never blown out again. Rattle off 5 or 6 wins in a row, beating good teams along the way. We make the playoffs and maybe even win the first round.

I'm going to hope for the last scenario. For me, if something like that happened, I'd feel Gus was able to coach this team properly.

My biggest fear however, is the second option. I really think we'll manage to win one of these next two, keeping Gus through the season.
the last option is what we all want. We all can say personality wise Gus is probably one of the kindest and most genuine people you'd know. But that doesn't translate into great coaching. But it's wishful to think it will.