Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
QB's

(10-06-2020, 08:47 PM)Upper Wrote:
(10-06-2020, 02:40 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I could care less about my QB being an "athlete." Arm talent is also secondary for me. I want a high football I.Q. I want someone who can make quick reads, find open receivers and have a high completion percentage. We've tried "athletes" on this team. It never works out. I want someone who has football intelligence and is confident in their own abilities to make quick decisions and get the ball out. Gimme a Tom Brady type over a Lamar Jackson type any day of the week and twice on Sunday. We've never had a QB with a high football IQ who can be good on a consistent basis. They are either flat out bad or lack consistency, because they get confused by different defensive schemes.

I mentioned that part too. I haven't seen anything from Trask that makes me think he has an especially high football IQ.

To each, their own.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-06-2020, 07:49 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-06-2020, 07:44 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote: We have that already. Sounds like Minshew.

Minshew lacks instincts and football I.Q. He is an athlete who runs well with the ball, but he's slow making reads and panics when rushed. He's is nothing like what I'm describing. At best, he's a game manager.

So five different play books in five years doesn't warrant you to give him the I.Q. check mark? Look at him last year, rookie year, and what he did with Foles playbook (sixth round pick didn't even smell the field). Then this year with Grudens play book, having no preseason or mini camp or pretty much anything. 

In the words of Chris Carter "C'MON MAAAAN"
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2020, 09:06 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(10-07-2020, 08:56 AM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote:
(10-06-2020, 07:49 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Minshew lacks instincts and football I.Q. He is an athlete who runs well with the ball, but he's slow making reads and panics when rushed. He's is nothing like what I'm describing. At best, he's a game manager.

So five different play books in five years doesn't warrant you to give him the I.Q. check mark? Look at him last year, rookie year, and what he did with Foles playbook (sixth round pick didn't even smell the field). Then this year with Grudens play book, having no preseason or mini camp or pretty much anything. 

In the words of Chris Carter "C'MON MAAAAN"

Not if he can't execute. It's all about consistency. Nothing else matters. To be a franchise QB, you have to be consistent and Minshew just isn't.

(10-06-2020, 08:47 PM)Upper Wrote:
(10-06-2020, 02:40 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I could care less about my QB being an "athlete." Arm talent is also secondary for me. I want a high football I.Q. I want someone who can make quick reads, find open receivers and have a high completion percentage. We've tried "athletes" on this team. It never works out. I want someone who has football intelligence and is confident in their own abilities to make quick decisions and get the ball out. Gimme a Tom Brady type over a Lamar Jackson type any day of the week and twice on Sunday. We've never had a QB with a high football IQ who can be good on a consistent basis. They are either flat out bad or lack consistency, because they get confused by different defensive schemes.

I mentioned that part too. I haven't seen anything from Trask that makes me think he has an especially high football IQ.

You haven't been watching dude. Sounds to me like you're just a gator hater. Salty your noles can't field a good QB? Or you just in love with Sunshine that much?  Rolleyes
Trask has consistently checked in and out of plays, picked up coverage changes and blitzes, places the ball right where it needs to be. Going back to last year when he stepped in for an injured Felipe Franks.

Does he have "elite" arm strength? Nah. But that's probably the only legit knock on him right now. And he's not a "running QB" if that's your cup of tea.
But he's certainly mobile enough to move sideline to sideline and find an open guy. 

Right now it's Lawrence, then Trask then everyone else.

(10-07-2020, 10:06 AM)Kane Wrote:
(10-06-2020, 08:47 PM)Upper Wrote: I mentioned that part too. I haven't seen anything from Trask that makes me think he has an especially high football IQ.

You haven't been watching dude. Sounds to me like you're just a gator hater. Salty your noles can't field a good QB? Or you just in love with Sunshine that much? 

You're making a lot of assumptions and you know what that usually means. It's well known that I am a Gator fan and I have seen every snap of Trask's UF career and I disagree that the UF staff is letting Trask do all of the things you are saying.

(10-07-2020, 11:09 AM)Upper Wrote:
(10-07-2020, 10:06 AM)Kane Wrote: You haven't been watching dude. Sounds to me like you're just a gator hater. Salty your noles can't field a good QB? Or you just in love with Sunshine that much? 
I disagree that the UF staff is letting Trask do all of the things you are saying.
Mullen himself said Trask was being given more control of checking within the game plan and opening up the playbook this season.

I really don't know what you've been watching.

(10-07-2020, 11:09 AM)Upper Wrote:
(10-07-2020, 10:06 AM)Kane Wrote: You haven't been watching dude. Sounds to me like you're just a gator hater. Salty your noles can't field a good QB? Or you just in love with Sunshine that much? 

You're making a lot of assumptions and you know what that usually means. It's well known that I am a Gator fan and I have seen every snap of Trask's UF career and I disagree that the UF staff is letting Trask do all of the things you are saying.

Lol, it is well known on here you are not a Gator fan.  Trask is steadily improving and only in his first full season as a starter.  He has a lot of traits you want in a franchise QB.  Still a long season left but if he continues to play this well there isn't any doubt he will be a 1st round pick.  Will be fun to watch how this season unfolds

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2020, 12:58 PM by Duval2Vegas.)

(10-07-2020, 12:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-07-2020, 11:09 AM)Upper Wrote: You're making a lot of assumptions and you know what that usually means. It's well known that I am a Gator fan and I have seen every snap of Trask's UF career and I disagree that the UF staff is letting Trask do all of the things you are saying.

Lol, it is well known on here you are not a Gator fan.  Trask is steadily improving and only in his first full season as a starter.  He has a lot of traits you want in a franchise QB.  Still a long season left but if he continues to play this well there isn't any doubt he will be a 1st round pick.  Will be fun to watch how this season unfolds

Trask? You sure we need more gators on the team. Who was the last good former gator QB in the NFL?

(10-07-2020, 12:55 PM)Duval2Vegas Wrote:
(10-07-2020, 12:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lol, it is well known on here you are not a Gator fan.  Trask is steadily improving and only in his first full season as a starter.  He has a lot of traits you want in a franchise QB.  Still a long season left but if he continues to play this well there isn't any doubt he will be a 1st round pick.  Will be fun to watch how this season unfolds

Trask? You sure we need more gators on the team. Who was the last good former gator QB in the NFL?

Tebow

(10-07-2020, 12:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lol, it is well known on here you are not a Gator fan.  Trask is steadily improving and only in his first full season as a starter.  He has a lot of traits you want in a franchise QB.  Still a long season left but if he continues to play this well there isn't any doubt he will be a 1st round pick.  Will be fun to watch how this season unfolds

Who was the last great Texas Tech QB in the NFL before Pat Mahomes?

People gotta get over the whole school thing.
Good players come from where ever they come from. For every position.

UF hasn't played a traditional pro offense in awhile. Trask operates under center, from shotgun, and pistol. It isn't a spread option junk offense only good in college.
Prior to Watson, how many good QBs came from Clemson? Since Manning how many good QBs has Tenn put out? 

It's so laughable when people say something like "this school doesn't produce this position". When it comes to "good" QBs most schools don't produce "a lot" of them.

(10-07-2020, 12:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-07-2020, 11:09 AM)Upper Wrote: You're making a lot of assumptions and you know what that usually means. It's well known that I am a Gator fan and I have seen every snap of Trask's UF career and I disagree that the UF staff is letting Trask do all of the things you are saying.

Lol, it is well known on here you are not a Gator fan. 

I am just able to separate my college fandom when it comes to predicting how they will do in the NFL. Unlike you I don't think that every player that goes from UF to the NFL is going to be a superstar simply because that's where they went to college.

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2020, 06:19 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

Nobody has criticized this team more for steadily drafting Gators as I have, but Trask is way different. He's not your typical Florida QB. This kid has real NFL potential. I'm excited to watch what this kid can do. I hope he maintains his momentum. We'll just have to see how things play out.

(10-07-2020, 03:11 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote:
(10-07-2020, 12:55 PM)Duval2Vegas Wrote: Trask? You sure we need more gators on the team. Who was the last good former gator QB in the NFL?

Who was the last great Texas Tech QB in the NFL before Pat Mahomes?

Nice.  Cool

(10-07-2020, 04:32 PM)Upper Wrote:
(10-07-2020, 12:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lol, it is well known on here you are not a Gator fan. 

I am just able to separate my college fandom when it comes to predicting how they will do in the NFL. Unlike you I don't think that every player that goes from UF to the NFL is going to be a superstar simply because that's where they went to college.
Naw, I didnt want Bryan when we drafted him.

(10-07-2020, 10:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-07-2020, 04:32 PM)Upper Wrote: I am just able to separate my college fandom when it comes to predicting how they will do in the NFL. Unlike you I don't think that every player that goes from UF to the NFL is going to be a superstar simply because that's where they went to college.
Naw, I didnt want Bryan when we drafted him.

Did anybody? That was one of those picks that seemed to come outta left field, much like the Tyson Alualu selection a while back.

(10-07-2020, 03:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-07-2020, 12:55 PM)Duval2Vegas Wrote: Trask? You sure we need more gators on the team. Who was the last good former gator QB in the NFL?

Tebow
Bwahahahahahahaha

(10-08-2020, 09:30 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-07-2020, 03:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Tebow
Bwahahahahahahaha

Had more wins, yards and TDs than Haskins did in his first 2 years.  A playoff win as well with over 300 yards and 2 TDs.  Haskins benched for Allen, Tebow benched for Manning bwahahaha

Hopefully that game burst the bubble for the people who think Trask has franchise QB potential. Solid college starter, quality NFL backup probably, not a long term NFL starter.

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2020, 04:34 PM by Jagsfan32277.)

What in the world is dem Dawgs thinking. starting qb is Stetson Bennett. Dude is short and thin with a super weak arm. I'd just play soft zone and bait him to throw his 30 mph passes to pick them off. Gators gonna destroy dem dawgs with that scrub at the helm.

(10-10-2020, 04:12 PM)Upper Wrote: Hopefully that game burst the bubble for the people who think Trask has franchise QB potential. Solid college starter, quality NFL backup probably, not a long term NFL starter.

Was he playing defense?