Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
QB's

(12-30-2020, 10:31 PM)enigma Wrote: Damn, this game is really shedding some light on Trask's lack of arm strength.

He just doesn't have the necessary zip consistently.

2 of those picks were bad decisions right to the corner and the other one he threw it behind the WR.  None of them really had anything to do with arm strength

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2020, 10:51 PM by enigma.)

(12-30-2020, 10:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-30-2020, 10:31 PM)enigma Wrote: Damn, this game is really shedding some light on Trask's lack of arm strength.

He just doesn't have the necessary zip consistently.

2 of those picks were bad decisions right to the corner and the other one he threw it behind the WR.  None of them really had anything to do with arm strength

Did I directly say that his interceptions were a result of his arm strength? No.

I'm watching him miss routine throws because his ball floats and flutters with his throwing motion. The defensive windows close in on his targets because of this.

His receivers aren't helping his cause either with a couple drops also.

(12-30-2020, 10:50 PM)enigma Wrote:
(12-30-2020, 10:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: 2 of those picks were bad decisions right to the corner and the other one he threw it behind the WR.  None of them really had anything to do with arm strength

Did I directly say that his interceptions were a result of his arm strength? No.

I'm watching him miss routine throws because his ball floats and flutters with his throwing motion. The defensive windows close in on his targets because of this.

His receivers aren't helping his cause either with a couple drops also.
That pick 6 was terrible. Stared him down and then basically threw a ball that looked like it was thrown underhand it was so slow.

Trask is looking like Baker Mayfield last week when all his receivers were ineligible. The only difference is that Trask doesn't have a running game to rely on and his defense is pathetic. This game could get even uglier in the 2nd half. Oklahoma is one of those teams that was really starting to hit their stride. This was a bad match up for Florida, even if they did have everyone playing.

Almost another INT with Trask's first throw of the 2nd half.

Woefully underthrown.

(12-30-2020, 11:04 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Trask is looking like Baker Mayfield last week when all his receivers were ineligible. The only difference is that Trask doesn't have a running game to rely on and his defense is pathetic. This game could get even uglier in the 2nd half. Oklahoma is one of those teams that was really starting to hit their stride. This was a bad match up for Florida, even if they did have everyone playing.

If the receivers make the man then he is probably not the man.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

I like how Davis runs for the Gators at RB.

It will be interesting to see how the Gators offense transforms with Emory Jones at the helm next year with the jet sweeps and playfakes with a lot of motioning.

I'd like to see him throw it more - he could eventually become a Lamar Jackson-esque type of player.

(12-30-2020, 11:10 PM)copycat Wrote:
(12-30-2020, 11:04 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Trask is looking like Baker Mayfield last week when all his receivers were ineligible. The only difference is that Trask doesn't have a running game to rely on and his defense is pathetic. This game could get even uglier in the 2nd half. Oklahoma is one of those teams that was really starting to hit their stride. This was a bad match up for Florida, even if they did have everyone playing.

If the receivers make the man then he is probably not the man.

He definitely looks bad. He didn't help his draft stock today. He might have just fallen into round 2 or even 3.

Trask's arm is Minshewesque.

Oklahoma fans chanting SEC lololol

Savage...

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

I'm gonna make a prediction. Based on what the Gators are losing next year and based on what I'm seeing here, I don't think Dan Mullen will last the entire 2021 season. That defense is pathetic and that QB they brought in is a scrub.

Richardson gonna start over Jones next year

(12-31-2020, 12:12 AM)Upper Wrote: Trask's arm is Minshewesque.

Seen the Aaron Murray comparison thrown around tonight and it ain't wrong.

(12-31-2020, 12:31 AM)Eric1 Wrote:

With his 4th pick 6 of the season, you could mention Bortles as well...

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Oklahoma act like they just won the National Championship lol

(12-31-2020, 12:31 AM)Eric1 Wrote:

Yeah that's a better comp for Trask as an overall player.

Sooners wanted this game bad. Also, i would caution against judging Trask over one game. Hes a good player. He made some dumb decisions this game. He played good against bama.

(12-31-2020, 03:44 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Sooners wanted this game bad. Also, i would caution against judging Trask over one game. Hes a good player. He made some dumb  decisions this game. He played good against bama.

I still think Trask can be a good QB. Can he be great? Probably not, but I believe he can be a solid NFL QB with success along the lines of Matt Stafford or David Carr, but a lot of things have to fall into place. He needs good coaching, at least one go-to receiver and plenty of protection on the O-Line. In a place like Indianapolis, I think he has a chance to start someday at a good level.

I hope he goes to Washington