Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
QB's

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2020, 09:56 PM by Upper.)

Zach Wilson > Trask.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Wilson did make quite an impression vs Houston. I just don’t know what they do if they don’t get Fields or TLaw. Don’t flame me but if Darnold is available for a 4th I’d take a flyer for sure

(10-16-2020, 09:56 PM)Upper Wrote: Zach Wilson > Trask.

Oooootay Buckwheat.... you are now bordering on some weird TDS (Trask Derangement Syndrome)

Also, I like Wilson as a prospect as well. But this take is strange. He's played Navy, Troy, UTSA, Houston..... I wonder how Trask would look against that competition?

(10-19-2020, 02:11 PM)Kane Wrote:
(10-16-2020, 09:56 PM)Upper Wrote: Zach Wilson > Trask.

Oooootay Buckwheat.... you are now bordering on some weird TDS (Trask Derangement Syndrome)

Also, I like Wilson as a prospect as well. But this take is strange. He's played Navy, Troy, UTSA, Houston..... I wonder how Trask would look against that competition?

I wish Wilson was playing better competition, but he is making plays and throws that Trask simply doesn't have the arm talent to make. His floor might be lower but his ceiling is way, way higher...and I don't know about you but I kind of want to do some winning around here I don't want to settle for another QB with non franchise QB tools even if that means you have to risk a somewhat higher bust factor.

(10-19-2020, 09:12 AM)JNev Wrote: Wilson did make quite an impression vs Houston. I just don’t know what they do if they don’t get Fields or TLaw. Don’t flame me but if Darnold is available for a 4th I’d take a flyer for sure

If the Jags don't end up with the first pick, trading for Darnold is definitely an option. He is only 23 and has had nothing to work with. If Fields looks like the real deal after this college season and the Jaguars have the 2nd or 3rd pick they should take him. However, if Fields doesn't play great this season I'd even offer our 3rd rounder to the Jets for Darnold.

Darnold is interesting because we’ve seen what Tannehill has done outside of Gase. Darnold could be broken mentally from what he’s had to deal with or he could be a change of scenery away from being a Top 10 QB like Tannehill (god it kills me to type that)

(10-19-2020, 02:57 PM)Upper Wrote:
(10-19-2020, 02:11 PM)Kane Wrote: Oooootay Buckwheat.... you are now bordering on some weird TDS (Trask Derangement Syndrome)

I wish Wilson was playing better competition, but he is making plays and throws that Trask simply doesn't have the arm talent to make. His floor might be lower but his ceiling is way, way higher...and I don't know about you but I kind of want to do some winning around here I don't want to settle for another QB with non franchise QB tools even if that means you have to risk a somewhat higher bust factor.

Trasks arm talent isn't "elite", I'll give you that. But it's much better than average. He can make all the necessary throws in the NFL. And in the small bit we've seen in 2020 he's improving upon what he did in 2019.

I'm not saying Trask is a top 5 pick currently. But that 20ish pick we get from the Rams or the top of round 2 would be enticing. 
I kinda like Wilson in the same range. 

And Fields showed enough last year that I'm intrigued but need to see him play and be really good in his 8 games this year. 
Lance I'm not sold on off 13 games or whatever, no matter how great his stats are against FCS schools. Maybe with a full season this year I would have come around but he won't have that and will essentially be out of football for almost two years before being able to play in the NFL. Not a guy I'm spending a top 10 pick on.

IMO next years QB crop is TLaw and then a handful of guys bunched together quite a bit below him for now. Not sure how you see Wilson far better than Trask. But to each their own I suppose. He turns his back to the defense when escaping the pocket far too often and at only 210 he's smaller for a QB, without being a Russell Wilson or Kyler Murray type athlete. 
But if he keeps balling for BYU I wouldn't be opposed to us using our late first or early 2nd on the kid either.

(10-20-2020, 08:46 AM)JNev Wrote: Darnold is interesting because we’ve seen what Tannehill has done outside of Gase. Darnold could be broken mentally from what he’s had to deal with or he could be a change of scenery away from being a Top 10 QB like Tannehill (god it kills me to type that)

Meh, I'ma pass on that. Darnold wasn't that good coming out of college. He didn't have Gase as a rookie and didn't exactly change my mind then. Tannehill also didn't have Gase for his first 4 seasons. In tackland Tannehill has benefitted from having a really good team around him, not just a good coach though. He's also now 32 and no longer a young player. He almost took the Alex Smith route of progression.

If we don't build a good team, I'm afraid the QB won't matter much, unless we get one that makes everyone else look better around him. Which Darnold ain't that guy.
I think we gotta go draft for our QB of the future or cheap veteran FA stop gap while we build the team (Andy Dalton type, though he didn't look great last night)

(10-19-2020, 06:33 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(10-19-2020, 09:12 AM)JNev Wrote: Wilson did make quite an impression vs Houston. I just don’t know what they do if they don’t get Fields or TLaw. Don’t flame me but if Darnold is available for a 4th I’d take a flyer for sure

If the Jags don't end up with the first pick, trading for Darnold is definitely an option. He is only 23 and has had nothing to work with. If Fields looks like the real deal after this college season and the Jaguars have the 2nd or 3rd pick they should take him. However, if Fields doesn't play great this season I'd even offer our 3rd rounder to the Jets for Darnold.

Pass on both counts.

If you can’t get T Law this year, you don’t draft a QB. You keep Minshew or get Matt Ryan

Matt Ryan can’t get trades realistically until after next year with his dead cap numbers

(10-20-2020, 11:33 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: If you can’t get T Law this year, you don’t draft a QB. You keep Minshew or get Matt Ryan

Don't want no noodle arm Matt Ryan.     Yes, he does have a noodle arm and it's going worse because he's old and getting older.

Tlaw fields or you're in for a bad time.

Lance is worth a punt but not really one you'd feel good about in the top 5

Trading for Ryan would be stupid as hell.

I kinda like Lance but we'll see what happens in the next few months
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(10-06-2020, 09:53 AM)Upper Wrote: Not sure what y'all are seeing in Trask. He has nice size but he doesn't have great arm talent and every week he makes two or three mind boggling decisions. And obviously he is the opposite of an athlete. He looks like just another of the million good college QBs who are in a great system with superior surrounding talent that isn't going to be more than a backup in the NFL.

Talking about Fields or any other Ohio State QB?

Btw, I don't follow the college game so much but isn't Fields the guy that had to transfer from Georgia because Jake Fromm was better?

(10-20-2020, 03:02 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(10-20-2020, 11:33 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: If you can’t get T Law this year, you don’t draft a QB. You keep Minshew or get Matt Ryan

Don't want no noodle arm Matt Ryan.     Yes, he does have a noodle arm and it's going worse because he's old and getting older.

Not sure what you’re getting at. Matt Ryan’s arm is fine

(10-21-2020, 02:44 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote:
(10-06-2020, 09:53 AM)Upper Wrote: Not sure what y'all are seeing in Trask. He has nice size but he doesn't have great arm talent and every week he makes two or three mind boggling decisions. And obviously he is the opposite of an athlete. He looks like just another of the million good college QBs who are in a great system with superior surrounding talent that isn't going to be more than a backup in the NFL.

Btw, I don't follow the college game so much but isn't Fields the guy that had to transfer from Georgia because Jake Fromm was better?

Yep. That's the guy. He's overrated as hell.

Don't mistake Fields not being selected by the coaches over Fromm as Fields being worse than Fromm.

(10-21-2020, 02:44 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote:

By that logic, isn’t Joe Burrow the guy who had to transfer from Ohio State because Dwayne Haskins was better?

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2020, 01:37 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(10-21-2020, 09:38 PM)JackCity Wrote: Don't mistake Fields not being selected by the coaches over Fromm as Fields being worse than Fromm.

I'm not saying he's worse than Fromm, I'm saying he's highly overrated and not worth a first round pick.

(10-21-2020, 10:02 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote:
(10-21-2020, 02:44 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: Talking about Fields or any other Ohio State QB?

By that logic, isn’t Joe Burrow the guy who had to transfer from Ohio State because Dwayne Haskins was better?

Dwayne Haskins was one of the best college football QB's of the last 10 years. He had one of the best season's of any college QB of the last 10 years. Sometimes college success does not translate to the NFL. Whether or not that is the case with Haskins remains to be seen. That team is a complete mess. Terrible O-Line, one decent receiver and no running game. I don't know how any QB could succeed there in the current state of the team.