Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
QB's

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2020, 06:41 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

I'd say 90% of the time you should go BPA especially in the early rounds. There are rare instances where you dont take BPA

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

LT is the only position I feel is harder to get than a QB. There are a bunch of good QBs right now. Not many good LTs, its super rare to find an elite LT

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2020, 09:28 AM by Cleatwood.)

(10-26-2020, 09:22 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: LT is the only position I feel is harder to get than a QB.  There are a bunch of good QBs right now.  Not many good LTs, its super rare to find an elite LT
There are a lot of really good LTs. 

If the Jags take Sewell like some of you want, who’s the QB next year? Like someone else said, taking Sewell just ensures he’s the next Joe Thomas. It needs to be Fields or Lawerence because if Fields hits, the Jags are set for the next 10-15 years.

(10-26-2020, 09:28 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-26-2020, 09:22 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: LT is the only position I feel is harder to get than a QB.  There are a bunch of good QBs right now.  Not many good LTs, its super rare to find an elite LT

If the Jags take Sewell like some of you want, who’s the QB next year? Like someone else said, taking Sewell just ensures he’s the next Joe Thomas. It needs to be Fields or Lawerence because if Fields hits, the Jags are set for the next 10-15 years.

I'd love it if we could draft the next Joe Thomas, dude is a future HOF,er.  It wasn't his fault the Browns didn't have anyone else good on the team when he played.  Its a team game.  You think Watson is so good yet they only have 1 win there are some other good QBs in this draft and its arguable Fields isnt even the 2nd best QB

(10-26-2020, 09:41 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-26-2020, 09:28 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: There are a lot of really good LTs. 

I'd love it if we could draft the next Joe Thomas, dude is a future HOF,er.  It wasn't his fault the Browns didn't have anyone else good on the team when he played.  Its a team game.  You think Watson is so good yet they only have 1 win there are some other good QBs in this draft and its arguable Fields isnt even the 2nd best QB
Watson is very good. Have you seen their schedule? Titans, Steelers, Ravens, Chiefs, Packers..... they have a combined 4 losses.

It’s much easier to fix the holes on your team outside of QB. QB is the hardest position in all of sports to find. Who’s the 2nd best QB prospect? Trask?!

Lmao dude really said it's harder to find a franchise LT than a franchise QB?

[Image: giphy.gif]

Some of these posts are just... wow...
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2020, 12:16 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-26-2020, 09:45 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-26-2020, 09:41 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'd love it if we could draft the next Joe Thomas, dude is a future HOF,er.  It wasn't his fault the Browns didn't have anyone else good on the team when he played.  Its a team game.  You think Watson is so good yet they only have 1 win there are some other good QBs in this draft and its arguable Fields isnt even the 2nd best QB
Watson is very good. Have you seen their schedule? Titans, Steelers, Ravens, Chiefs, Packers..... they have a combined 4 losses.

It’s much easier to fix the holes on your team outside of QB. QB is the hardest position in all of sports to find. Who’s the 2nd best QB prospect? Trask?!
As of now yes but its still early. Fields couldn't make a starting spot in the SEC. Id like to see what he can do against a real defense

(10-26-2020, 12:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-26-2020, 09:45 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Watson is very good. Have you seen their schedule? Titans, Steelers, Ravens, Chiefs, Packers..... they have a combined 4 losses.

As of now yes but its still early
Wonder why you have him number 2.....

(10-26-2020, 12:16 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-26-2020, 12:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: As of now yes but its still early
Wonder why you have him number 2.....

Have you seen him play?  The only think he really needs to do is cut down on the few bad plays a game he has by decision making which is fixable.

Man I hope all of this is moot and we just get Trevor...

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2020, 03:53 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

Agreed. The lack of quality LT's in the NFL is evident and has even been mentioned during the last draft by Kiper and McShay. They even mentioned that some teams would reach for a LT, because it's such a premium in the NFL and so many teams were in desperate need with no available ones out there.

(10-26-2020, 09:28 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:

No, there isn't.

(10-26-2020, 09:45 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-26-2020, 09:41 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'd love it if we could draft the next Joe Thomas, dude is a future HOF,er.  It wasn't his fault the Browns didn't have anyone else good on the team when he played.  Its a team game.  You think Watson is so good yet they only have 1 win there are some other good QBs in this draft and its arguable Fields isnt even the 2nd best QB

We've been trying to fix the O-Line as long as we've been trying to find a franchise QB. We haven't had a good LT since Tony Boselli.

(10-26-2020, 10:06 AM)Upper Wrote: Lmao dude really said it's harder to find a franchise LT than a franchise QB?

Anyone who watches the NFL realizes that LT is a premium position and there is a vast shortage of quality LT's in the NFL. O-Linemen tend to get injured a lot due to the constant collisions, which makes the problem even worse.

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2020, 03:56 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(10-26-2020, 12:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-26-2020, 12:16 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Wonder why you have him number 2.....

Have you seen him play?  The only think he really needs to do is cut down on the few bad plays a game he has by decision making which is fixable.

If decision making is fixable, why hasn't Minshew fixed his decision making? He's still taking unnecessary sacks when he should be throwing the ball out of bounds. It happens every game.

(10-26-2020, 02:03 PM)JNev Wrote: Man I hope all of this is moot and we just get Trevor...

From your keyboard to God's ears. Don't plan on it though. As Jags' fans we face constant disappointment.

(10-26-2020, 03:48 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Anyone who watches the NFL realizes that LT is a premium position and there is a vast shortage of quality LT's in the NFL. O-Linemen tend to get injured a lot due to the constant collisions, which makes the problem even worse.

Yes, LT is a premium position. It's not more premium than QB is, nor is it harder to find than QB is.

(10-26-2020, 04:23 PM)Upper Wrote:
(10-26-2020, 03:48 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Anyone who watches the NFL realizes that LT is a premium position and there is a vast shortage of quality LT's in the NFL. O-Linemen tend to get injured a lot due to the constant collisions, which makes the problem even worse.

Yes, LT is a premium position. It's not more premium than QB is, nor is it harder to find than QB is.

Yes, it is and the fact that you don't know this makes me question if you watch any NFL team outside of Jacksonville.

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2020, 08:20 PM by Upper.)

(10-26-2020, 04:30 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-26-2020, 04:23 PM)Upper Wrote: Yes, LT is a premium position. It's not more premium than QB is, nor is it harder to find than QB is.

Yes, it is and the fact that you don't know this makes me question if you watch any NFL team outside of Jacksonville.

There are twenty LTs that you can win a SB with, more if the QB he's protecting is elite. There are not nearly that many QBs that can win a SB without elite surrounding talent.

Seriously go look at the LTs in the league there are a crapton of good ones right now, unfortunately Cam Robinson isn't one of them and that's blinding you.

(10-26-2020, 08:13 PM)Upper Wrote:
(10-26-2020, 04:30 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Yes, it is and the fact that you don't know this makes me question if you watch any NFL team outside of Jacksonville.

There are twenty LTs that you can win a SB with, more if the QB he's protecting is elite. There are not nearly that many QBs that can win a SB without elite surrounding talent.

Seriously go look at the LTs in the league there are a crapton of good ones right now, unfortunately Cam Robinson isn't one of them and that's blinding you.

That is laughable. Here are the only good ones in the league.....

Ronnie Stanley
Dion Dawkins
Tyron Smith (Currently on IR)
David Bakhtiari (Has a history of injuries and is currently injured)
Anthony Castanzo
Eric Fisher
Andrew Whitworth (In the twilight of his career)
Terron Armstead 
Trent Williams
Donavan Smith
Taylor Lewan (Currently on IR)

I could name just as many good QB's in the NFL. Of these LT's, I would only consider Ronnie Stanley, Tyron Smith, David Bakhtiari and Trent Williams as elite. I could name just as many elite QB's.

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2020, 11:22 PM by Upper.)

Yeah you forgot a bunch. Laremy Tunsil, Duane Brown, Russell Okung, and Alejandro Villanueva are locked and loaded franchise caliber LTs. Then improving guys like Garrett Bolles, DJ Humphries, Jake Matthews, Taylor Decker, and Isaiah Wynn have all been good to very good this year.

That's over 20 names I believe, and we didn't even get to the promising young guys that don't have the track record but are off to promising starts so far like Wills, Becton, Jackson Jr. And even if you want to quibble with them based on age/injury/track record that's still over half the league that is happy with their LT situation, but I think it's more like 3/4 of the league.

And then if you want to parse the 'LT is easier to find than QB' even farther, many top LTs are available in FA and/or trade and change teams all the time. If a team feels like they have a bonafide franchise QB they aren't hitting the market and you aren't trading for them. All in all it's crazy to say it's easier to get a franchise QB than a franchise LT.

(10-26-2020, 10:06 AM)Upper Wrote: Lmao dude really said it's harder to find a franchise LT than a franchise QB?

(10-26-2020, 12:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-26-2020, 09:45 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Watson is very good. Have you seen their schedule? Titans, Steelers, Ravens, Chiefs, Packers..... they have a combined 4 losses.

As of now yes but its still early.  Fields couldn't make a starting spot in the SEC.  Id like to see what he can do against a real defense

You mean like Wisconsin? He played 4 top 20 defenses last season and mostly did very well

(10-26-2020, 11:16 PM)Upper Wrote: Yeah you forgot a bunch. Laremy Tunsil, Duane Brown, Russell Okung, and Alejandro Villanueva are locked and loaded franchise caliber LTs. Then improving guys like Garrett Bolles, DJ Humphries, Jake Matthews, Taylor Decker, and Isaiah Wynn have all been good to very good this year.

That's over 20 names I believe, and we didn't even get to the promising young guys that don't have the track record but are off to promising starts so far like Wills, Becton, Jackson Jr. And even if you want to quibble with them based on age/injury/track record that's still over half the league that is happy with their LT situation, but I think it's more like 3/4 of the league.

And then if you want to parse the 'LT is easier to find than QB' even farther, many top LTs are available in FA and/or trade and change teams all the time. If a team feels like they have a bonafide franchise QB they aren't hitting the market and you aren't trading for them. All in all it's crazy to say it's easier to get a franchise QB than a franchise LT.

Good Lord, you have low standards! I didn't forget anyone, I intentionally left them off. Laremy Tunsil was good in Miami, but since coming to Houston he gives up a ton of QB pressures. He regressed and is no longer good. Duane Brown was decent in Houston, but went to Seattle and is average at best. If it wasn't for Russell Wilson's scrambling ability, Brown would be below average. Russell Okung? That's hilarious! If he's so good, why can't he stick with one team? He's a journeyman that team's use as a band aid until they find a good LT. Alejandro Villanueva is serviceable. He probably should be replaced, but Pittsburgh does not place a premium on OT's. The last time they spent a high round pick on an OT was 2012 with Mike Adams and that was a 2nd rounder. They haven't spend a day one pick on any O-Lineman since 2012 with OG David DeCastro and they haven't spent a first rounder on an OT since 1996. 

Garrett Bolles has been a disaster in Denver. Don't believe me? Ask any Denver fan. They were even thinking of benching him at one point. D.J. Humphries is the epitome of the word average. Jake Matthews is the same way. I can remember reading a Falcons message board where they wanted him replaced as well. Taylor Decker may be improving, but he is far from good and Wynn is really undersized. The Patriots O-Line as a whole, hasn't been able to establish the run or protect the passer. Wynn should be kicked inside to OG, where he could be dominant. 

The fact that you even bring up rookies is ridiculous! You or I or anyone else doesn't know how these guys are gonna do in their careers. Are you just looking what round OT's are drafted and assuming they are good because they are drafted high? You must be, because some of these guys you mentioned are just not good at all. I'm surprised you didn't mention Cam Robinson, Kolton Miller or Jonah Williams either, since you named just about every other starting LT in the NFL. LOL

You think it's so easy to find a franchise LT? Try trading for one of the guys I mentioned. Not 90% of the NFL starting NFL LT's you brought up. Cam Robinson is bad, but some of the guys you brought up are equally as bad.