Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
QB's

I think Trask is kind of stuck. He played his way out of the first round last night, and although he could go back to UF for another season, I think Mullen wants Emory Jones to play next year. And I think Trask is well aware that Emory Jones has waited for his chance.

So he's got one foot on the boat and one foot on the dock and he's probably having second thoughts about getting on the boat. Meanwhile, to complete the metaphor, the boat is leaving the dock.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-31-2020, 07:49 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I think Trask is kind of stuck.  He played his way out of the first round last night, and although he could go back to UF for another season, I think Mullen wants Emory Jones to play next year.   And I think Trask is well aware that Emory Jones has waited for his chance.  

So he's got one foot on the boat and one foot on the dock and he's probably having second thoughts about getting on the boat.  Meanwhile, to complete the metaphor, the boat is leaving the dock.

I think Richardson starts over Jones

(12-30-2020, 09:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Trask gonna lead em back

Lol

Maybe we can get Trask to back up Lawrence....in the 4th.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2020, 09:10 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-31-2020, 08:41 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-30-2020, 09:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Trask gonna lead em back

Lol

I forgot what our defense looked like.  A record, almost 700 yards offense.,

(12-31-2020, 08:43 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Maybe we can get Trask to back up Lawrence....in the 4th.

Would be like when Washington got RG3 and Cousins, except we would have 2 good ones.

(12-31-2020, 09:09 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-31-2020, 08:41 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Lol

I forgot what our defense looked like.  A record, almost 700 yards offense.,

(12-31-2020, 08:43 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Maybe we can get Trask to back up Lawrence....in the 4th.

Would be like when Washington got RG3 and Cousins, except we would have 2 good ones.

Lawrence and who else?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I'm not going to talk too much about it I'm still licking my wounds over here. All I can say is yikes. And it seemed like the pressure of performing without his top 4 targets definitely got to Trask and he looked like a completely different guy. Not confident. Not smart with ball placement. Inaccurate.

He probably should have opted out of the bowl too and saved his late first, early second draft spot.
Now? I dunno.

Rough.

(12-31-2020, 06:35 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-31-2020, 03:44 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Sooners wanted this game bad. Also, i would caution against judging Trask over one game. Hes a good player. He made some dumb  decisions this game. He played good against bama.

I still think Trask can be a good QB. Can he be great? Probably not, but I believe he can be a solid NFL QB with success along the lines of Matt Stafford or David Carr, but a lot of things have to fall into place. He needs good coaching, at least one go-to receiver and plenty of protection on the O-Line. In a place like Indianapolis, I think he has a chance to start someday at a good level.

Stafford with half the arm strength is a good comp too.

Jaguars need to trade down and draft Mac Jones. Bring him home.

(01-11-2021, 10:43 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Jaguars need to trade down and draft Mac Jones. Bring him home.

Yes, Top priority...

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2021, 08:27 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

Mac Jones is gonna be taken a lot higher than anyone is predicting. I believe he goes between pick #7 and pick #12. Definitely no later than #15 overall.

Joe Theisman and Brett Favre are out saying we shouldnt pick trevor number one. They Jelly?

(02-05-2021, 01:55 PM)surfon Wrote: Joe Theisman and Brett Favre are out saying we shouldnt pick trevor number one.  They Jelly?

Might just be proof the NFL really needs to do something about concussions.

(02-05-2021, 01:55 PM)surfon Wrote: Joe Theisman and Brett Favre are out saying we shouldnt pick trevor number one.  They Jelly?

As long as neither of them owns a Baalke remote control, this worries me not one bit.

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2021, 04:11 PM by ATLjag.)

(02-05-2021, 04:06 PM)Mikey Wrote:

As long as neither of them owns a Baalke remote control, this worries me not one bit.
LOL.  No need to worry....Baalke's remote control is owned by Gene Smith.

Link for the joe theisman zach wilson lovefest.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news...ugvyy4u386

(02-06-2021, 01:53 PM)surfon Wrote: Link for the joe theisman zach wilson lovefest.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news...ugvyy4u386

I truly believe Lawrence and Wilson are gonna be great franchise QB's. I'd take them over any of the veteran QB's whose names have been mentioned in trade rumors.

On Pro Football Talk this morning, Chris Simms says that after study film this past week, he is placing Zach Wilson ahead of Trevor Lawrence as the #1 QB in the draft. He thinks Wilson will be a superstar, playing like a cross between Rodgers and Mahomes. He does think Lawrence is a star QB just slightly behind him, needing a little work on footwork and not quite as accurate as Wilson. He does indicate he would not have any issue with either being selected with the first pick.

(03-03-2021, 11:55 AM)ATLjag Wrote: On Pro Football Talk this morning, Chris Simms says that after study film this past week, he is placing Zach Wilson ahead of Trevor Lawrence as the #1 QB in the draft.  He thinks Wilson will be a superstar, playing like a cross between Rodgers and Mahomes.  He does think Lawrence is a star QB just slightly behind him, needing a little work on footwork and not quite as accurate as Wilson.  He does indicate he would not have any issue with either being selected with the first pick.

Chris Simms looks for clicks.

(03-03-2021, 11:55 AM)ATLjag Wrote: On Pro Football Talk this morning, Chris Simms says that after study film this past week, he is placing Zach Wilson ahead of Trevor Lawrence as the #1 QB in the draft.  He thinks Wilson will be a superstar, playing like a cross between Rodgers and Mahomes.  He does think Lawrence is a star QB just slightly behind him, needing a little work on footwork and not quite as accurate as Wilson.  He does indicate he would not have any issue with either being selected with the first pick.

Zach Wilson has done it for one year against cupcake competition.  I'm not saying he won't become a superstar, but there is much more risk with him than with Lawrence, who has done it for 3 years against top quality competition, including college playoff games.  

I would take TL 10 times out of 10, no matter how good ZW looked last season.