Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Two round draft pick watcher

That brutal Dolphins game got me thinking about our draft picks again.

According to Tankathon, which calculates Strength of Schedule after each game, here's where we are prior to Sundays (9/27) games:

Jags #1 -  #11.  Behind ten 0-2 teams. Only 2 of those teams play each other.  Again only one head to head of nine 1-1 teams.  I think this pick is likely higher at the end of Sunday
Rams #1 - #31 - Hard to be worse than that.  Rams do play the Bills. Go Bills
Vikings #2 - #35 - Because Vikings have stumbled out at the start, they are 4th worse so our pick is #35 right now. Practically a 1st rounder. 
Jags #2 -    #44 -  So 4 out of the first 44 picks.
Jags #3 - #75

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

After Sunday (9/27) games

Jags #1 - #15. As I suspected the number went up. Our strength of schedule is the hardest of the seven 1-2 teams so we are behind them all. And we manged to have the two 0-2 teams tie each other so both stay a half game ahead.
Rams #1 - Rams lost so this improved from 31 to 25.
Vikings #2 - Vikings lost again (0-3). Pick still at #35 because there are 6 0-3 teams.
Jags #2 - Slid a couple spots and is now #46.
Jags #3 - #77

(09-28-2020, 12:48 AM)newporttom Wrote: After Sunday (9/27) games

Jags #1 - #15. As I suspected the number went up. Our strength of schedule is the hardest of the seven 1-2 teams so we are behind them all. And we manged to have the two 0-2 teams tie each other so both stay a half game ahead.
Vikings #2 - Vikings lost again (0-3). Pick still at #35 because there are 6 0-3 teams.
Jags #3 - #77

Well after the Oct 4 games, after the Jags loss to Bengals

Jags #1 - #10.
Rams #1 --  26 
Jags #2 - #41.   Our pick is  now ahead of Vikings.
Vikings #2 - Vikings win takes this to 42.
Jags #3 - #72

(10-04-2020, 04:34 PM)newporttom Wrote:
(09-28-2020, 12:48 AM)newporttom Wrote: After Sunday (9/27) games

Jags #3 - #77

Well after the Oct 4 games, after the Jags loss to Bengals

Jags #1 - #10.
Rams #1 --  26 
Jags #2 - #41.   Our pick is  now ahead of Vikings.
Vikings #2 - Vikings win takes this to 42.
Jags #3 - #72
10, 26, 41, and 42 Is not bad. Though 10 is probably missing out on the top 2 or 3 QBs of the draft so we'd be looking to grab Pitts perhaps at 10 and then triple dip on defense.

I think by seasons end we're probably more like 6, 20, 38, 40.

Right now it looks like this... via Tankathon

LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

I think the Jets, Falcons and tinhorns all have a good chance of winning today.

Jets and Falcons both let us down.

Giants looking good so far.

As of now we are picking 5th

(10-11-2020, 08:10 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-11-2020, 08:08 PM)enigma Wrote: We still have 11 games to go.

I don't even have faith in this team to lose correctly.

This is the Jets remaining schedule...

@ LA Chargers
Buffalo
@ Kansas City
New England
@ Miami
BYE
Miami
Las Vegas Raiders
@ Seattle
@ Los Angeles Rams
Cleveland
@ New England

Do you see any wins in that stretch for the Jets, much less two?

This is the Giants' remaining Schedule

Washington
@ Philadelphia Eagles
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
@ Washington Football Team
Philadelphia Eagles
Bye
@ Cincinnati Bengals
@ Seattle Seahawks
Arizona Cardinals
Cleveland Browns
@Baltimore Ravens
Dallas Cowboys

I see some possible wins for the Giants left on the schedule, especially given the way they played today.  I could see them beating Washington, maybe Cincinnati, maybe Philadelphia, maybe Dallas.

Here is Atlanta's remaining schedule...

@ Minnesota Vikings
Detroit Lions
@ Carolina Panthers
Denver Broncos
Bye Week
@ New Orleans Saints
Las Vegas Raiders
New Orleans Saints
@Los Angeles Chargers
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
@ Kansas City Chiefs
@ Tampa Bay Bucs

Just looking at the schedules, I see the Jets as being the leader for the #1 overall pick.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I agree, on paper that's the way it looks, but some weeks I'm just stunned by certain game results. Teams win games every week that on paper, they shouldn't win. It will happen again. As for the Falcons, they've been without Julio Jones. Once he comes back, I can see them winning a couple games. I could see the Giants beating Washington twice and Dallas now that Dax is out. On paper, I see no winnable games for the Jets. They look completely inept at everything. With that said, realistically, I think they end up with 1-2 wins. I also think we will ultimately win two more completely meaningless games at the end of the season, just to screw up our final draft position. That is what I have come to expect from this team. 

There is two "prize" players in the next draft, QB Trevor Lawrence and LT Penei Sewell. I completely expect them to go #1 and #2. Lawrence is a franchise type QB and Sewell is a generational LT. We could desperately use both and I fully expect to miss out on both players.

So after the Vikings figured out how to lose a game they had clinched.... here's where we stand.

Jags #1 - #6. It's not really as good as that because there are three 1-4 teams (we are 1-4). If they were 1-4 they would be ahead of us. Chargers play Monday night.
Rams #1 = #27. This keep getting worse as Rams keep winning.
Vikings #2 - #36 - Vikings and Jags have exact same record and SOS. Tankathon has them ahead of us in 1st round and flipped in second.
Jags #2 - #37

We play the Lions next and then the Chargers. Those are 'must lose' games now. (and the Vikings down the road).

Once again the Chargers choke away a winnable game. They jump ahead of us

Jags #1 - #6. Minnesota's SOS went ahead of ours so we stay at 6
Rams #1 = #27. This keep getting worse as Rams keep winning.
Jags #2 - #37
Vikings #2 - #38

Jag#3 - #68.

Well a lot of good things happened today even though before the Jets play, nothing has really changed. Falcons and Giants get their first wins to match the Jags 1-5 record, but still are ahead of us based on SOS. We move to #5 since Chargers are on a bye week. THey play is next week so they probably stay behind us.

(10-18-2020, 04:35 PM)newporttom Wrote: Well a lot of good things happened today even though before the Jets play, nothing has really changed. Falcons and Giants get their first wins to match the Jags 1-5 record, but still are ahead of us based on SOS.  We move to #5 since Chargers are on a bye week. THey play is next week so they probably stay behind us.

True, but it's better than them losing and then having a two game "cushion" if you will.

I know the Bengals aren't in the running for a QB but them losing to the clots was pretty bad - especially with the lead they had early in the game.

My only hope is NY fires Gase and they pull off a miracle win or two. It’s going to be tough to get ahead of them.

Picking 5th as of now

Our 1st round pick from the Rams just got a little better with their loss against San Fran.

After the Rams loss, here's where we stand;

Jags #1 - #5
Rams #1 - #25
Jags #2 - #36
Vikings #2 - #37

Jags #3 - #67