Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Two round draft pick watcher

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2020, 12:23 AM by enigma.)

Does anyone think we can realistically move up a few spots to the #2 spot (NYJ look putrid)? Here are the remaining schedules for the following:

Washington: 
  • - DAL (10/25)         
  • - NYG (11/8)           
  • - DET (11/15)          
  • - CIN (11/22)          
  • - DAL (11/26)
  • - PIT (12/6)
  • - 49ers (12/13)
  • - SEA (12/20)
  • - CAR (12/27)
  • - PHI (1/3)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NY Giants: 
  • - PHI (10/22)          
  • - TB (11/2)             
  • - WSH (11/8)         
  • - PHI (11/15)          
  • - CIN (11/29) 
  • - SEA (12/6)
  • - ARI (12/13)
  • - CLE (12/20)
  • - BAL (12/27)
  • - DAL (1/3)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ATL: 
  • - DET (10/25)          
  • - CAR (10/29)         
  • - DEN (11/8)           
  • - NO (11/22)            
  • - LV (11/29) 
  • - NO (12/6)
  • - LAC (12/13)
  • - TB (12/20)
  • - KC (12/27)
  • - TB (1/3)
JAX: 
  • - LAC (10/25)          
  • - HOU (11/8)         
  • - GB (11/15)           
  • - PIT (11/22)            
  • - CLE (11/29) 
  • - MIN (12/6)
  • - TEN (12/13)
  • - BAL (12/20)
  • - CHI (12/27)
  • - IND (1/3)

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Oh for sure 2 is in play. We really need a miracle and Jets to win a game and then pray to the SOS gods. I’m worried we win 2 more though honestly

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2020, 09:40 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

I honestly believe we don't have another winnable game on the schedule. I believe #2 is definitely in play. We'd need a miracle to get to #1 though. The Jets are a complete dumpster fire. They are completely inept on offense.

I think we'll wind up with the #2 pick.

I can’t believe that we are this bad and still won’t be able to pull of the number 1 pick. #becausejaguars

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2020, 09:53 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Wash. and Giants still play again so if we dont win another game we will at least jump one of them

I could see Rams losing 6 of their next 8 counting the loss yesterday as well

Our time spent at #4 was brief. After Cards pound Dallas, Atlanta goes back to #4. Rams fall a couple spots those.

Jags #1 - #5
Rams #1 - #23
Jags #2 - #36
Vikings #2 - #37

Jags #3 - #67

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-draft-...-in-top-10

This has us at #2 and tankathon has us at #5... who knows lol and it really is pretty irrelevant at this point in the year haha

(10-20-2020, 08:47 AM)JNev Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-draft-...-in-top-10

This has us at #2 and tankathon has us at #5... who knows lol and it really is pretty irrelevant at this point in the year haha

Tankathon is more accurate. You can see it adjusting after every result.  I think the NFL guy is using SOS calculated before any games were played.

Halfway thru 3rd quarter, Giants are beating Eagles. If this holds, we move up a spot.

(10-22-2020, 10:39 PM)newporttom Wrote: Halfway thru 3rd quarter, Giants are beating Eagles.  If this holds, we move up a spot.

Yeah buddy!
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Giants choked it away.

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2020, 10:49 AM by Bullseye.)

(10-19-2020, 12:14 AM)enigma Wrote: Does anyone think we can realistically move up a few spots to the #2 spot (NYJ look putrid)? Here are the remaining schedules for the following:

Washington: 
  • - DAL (10/25)         
  • - NYG (11/8)           
  • - DET (11/15)          
  • - CIN (11/22)          
  • - DAL (11/26)
  • - PIT (12/6)
  • - 49ers (12/13)
  • - SEA (12/20)
  • - CAR (12/27)
  • - PHI (1/3)
NY Giants: 
  • - PHI (10/22)          
  • - TB (11/2)             
  • - WSH (11/8)         
  • - PHI (11/15)          
  • - CIN (11/29) 
  • - SEA (12/6)
  • - ARI (12/13)
  • - CLE (12/20)
  • - BAL (12/27)
  • - DAL (1/3)
ATL: 
  • - DET (10/25)          
  • - CAR (10/29)         
  • - DEN (11/8)           
  • - NO (11/22)            
  • - LV (11/29) 
  • - NO (12/6)
  • - LAC (12/13)
  • - TB (12/20)
  • - KC (12/27)
  • - TB (1/3)
JAX: 
  • - LAC (10/25)          
  • - HOU (11/8)         
  • - GB (11/15)           
  • - PIT (11/22)            
  • - CLE (11/29) 
  • - MIN (12/6)
  • - TEN (12/13)
  • - BAL (12/20)
  • - CHI (12/27)
  • - IND (1/3)

Yes I do.

For the Washington Football Team, I think the upcoming Dallas game is winnable given the injuries and lcoker room stuff going on there.  I think the Giants are a winnable game too, even though the Giants have ten days to prepare after their infuriating loss to the Eagles.  In fact, this stretch of 4-5 games are all winnable for them.

The Giants have 3 potentially winnable games on the horizon against Washington, Ohiladelphia and Cincinnati.

I think Atlanta has the best chance to run off some wins.  Looking at their schedule, Atlanta's next three games are winnable.

If I am to root for any teams to be ahead of us in the draft order by the end of the Regular season, I will root for Cincinnati and the Giants.

They both have promising young QBs with GMs and coaches that don't appear to be on the hot seat.

Even though the Jets have Sam Darnold, a young QB, if they finish with the top spot, I can't see them keeping their coach or GM...but especially the coach.  If a new coach/GM come in, they will want their own guy. 

It is my fervent hope that if the Jets wind up with the top overall pick in this draft, and Trevor Lawrence declares himself draft eligible, somehow the GM and coach are retained, or if a new coach is brought in, it is someone else who views Darnold favorably, and the Jets decide to stock up on draft picks to give Darnold some help, and they trade down with us.

(10-19-2020, 09:40 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I honestly believe we don't have another winnable game on the schedule. I believe #2 is definitely in play. We'd need a miracle to get to #1 though. The Jets are a complete dumpster fire. They are completely inept on offense.

If we are excluding trades up, yes it will take a miracle.  I don't see the jets winning a game.

But I am hoping that somehow the Jets still manage to believe in Sam Darnold after this season, and dedicate themselves to trading back and giving him some help.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

So far at halftime, these games could not be going better. Washington is beating Dallas by 19, Atlanta up 4, and surprisingly Jets up 4. Although that game kind of seems like it might be slipping away from them.

So we gain one game (if we lose). Washing ton easily handled Dallas. As I thought the Jets could not finish the deal. The killer was Atlanta who managed to give away a game they had won. .

Up to #3

(10-25-2020, 07:41 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: Up to #3

We at least get one of Lawrence, Sewell, or Fields if we want

Yep, Atlanta's SOS goes above ours and we are #3. !!

Pulling for the Bears tomorrow night