Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tacks got the 'rona

The Titans had 8 players or staff get consecutive positive tests yesterday.
Their facility is closed today, and their next game against the Steelers may have to be canceled or rescheduled.
No word yet on who the positive tests were, but they already had two linebackers on Covid protocol.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2020, 12:37 PM by mal234.)

I heard that some other games may end up being rescheduled and that some of the teams may have to have their bye weeks this week. I heard the Titans and possibly Steelers, Vikings and Texans might have a bye week. Since the Vikings last played the Titans and the Steelers play them this week. (The Texans also play the Vikings this week.) The Vikings have currently reported they have no positive tests, here's hoping it stays that way for them.

I do wonder how things will end up shaking out, for the Titans and all of the teams involved. A lot of people knew something like this could happen but hopefully it isn't the end of things. Baseball had a couple of outbreaks and they ended up being okay. Here's hoping the NFL will be fine as well. They have been doing a good job so far with handling COVID. I hope they continue to do that.

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2020, 12:42 PM by p_rushing.)

Should be a forfeit. They've had so much luck to win their 3 games, looks like it ran out. They should either play with practice squad players or forfeit.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

(09-29-2020, 12:37 PM)mal234 Wrote: I heard that some other games may end up being rescheduled and that some of the teams may have to have their bye weeks this week. I heard the Titans and possibly Steelers, Vikings and Texans might have a bye week. Since the Vikings last played the Titans and the Steelers play them this week. (The Texans also play the Vikings this week.) The Vikings have currently reported they have no positive tests, here's hoping it stays that way for them.

I do wonder how things will end up shaking out, for the Titans and all of the teams involved. A lot of people knew something like this could happen but hopefully it isn't the end of things. Baseball had a couple of outbreaks and they ended up being okay. Here's hoping the NFL will be fine as well. They have been doing a good job so far with handling COVID. I hope they continue to do that.
I wonder if their 1st round pick was one of the ones testing positive. He got caught going to a college party earlier during camp.

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2020, 12:48 PM by mal234.)

(09-29-2020, 12:38 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Should be a forfeit. They've had so much luck to win their 3 games. They should either play with practice squad players or forfeit.

That is what some other people are saying they think should happen. They think this situation is both unfair to teams like the Vikings and the Steelers who's schedule/situations could now be impacted by this. I do wonder how things will end up shaking out. I am glad that the Titans already got their first matchup against the Jags out of the way a couple of weeks ago. I wouldn't like to see the Jags have to take an earlier bye week. Here's hoping this situation doesn't happen (or as little as possible) to other teams in this league. The NFL has been so good with following COVID protocols thus far. Hopefully, things will work itself out. I do wonder if a staffer may have initially started this outbreak. 

I read there were more staff members (five) that tested positive for the Titans than players (three). Everyone needs to be careful especially in a situation like this when so much is on the line. Even if that's examining things like who they interact with/how much they interact with people. And even looking at things like their living situations. Heck, Gardner decided to stop having roommates after being put on the COVID season a few weeks back. Sometimes tougher choices like that have to be made in situations like this.

ETA: It does make me wonder about their first round pick that you mentioned p_rushing who had went to that party. I think I did read something about that today. People really do need to be careful/more responsible. There is so much to lose on the line. The Titans have started out undefeated and now they have to deal with this situation.

Last night Harbaugh was literally spitting into the refs face by yelling so close to him. You could see the spit flying. Mask down.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Thanks a lot mayonnaise eaters

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2020, 02:24 PM by Nashville.Dave.)

Sucks the tacks were the first, wont be the last.
Wilson the idiot 1st round pick that was mentioned has not been around the team for 3 weeks, covid reserve list.
Bowen, linebacker coach tested positive and missed the vikes game. Started with him looks like

(09-29-2020, 02:11 PM)Jags239 Wrote: Thanks a lot mayonnaise eaters

Thats just gross
[Image: incredulous.gif]

I was under the impression that the new practice squad rules were put into place for just this reason.  I say play the game with the players you've got.  Heck no to moving bye weeks/schedules.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(09-29-2020, 02:44 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I was under the impression that the new practice squad rules were put into place for just this reason.  I say play the game with the players you've got.  Heck no to moving bye weeks/schedules.

I agree, so long as we're reasonably confident that everyone who plays is testing negative.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(09-29-2020, 02:44 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I was under the impression that the new practice squad rules were put into place for just this reason.  I say play the game with the players you've got.  Heck no to moving bye weeks/schedules.

If there was any year to plan 2 bye weeks into the schedule, this was it. Since they didnt do that i agree they should play the game. Move the bye week and another breakout occurs what then? I dont want to see a season with some teams playing more games than other teams. 

Shutting down the facility all week sucks with no practice for a tough game..  but i highly doubt the tacks will be the only team with positive tests this season so let it shake itself out. Big ben puts a whoopin on our practice squad so be it. Not like the starters were stopping anyone
[Image: incredulous.gif]

(09-29-2020, 03:40 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:

If there was any year to plan 2 bye weeks into the schedule, this was it. Since they didnt do that i agree they should play the game. Move the bye week and another breakout occurs what then? I dont want to see a season with some teams playing more games than other teams. 

Shutting down the facility all week sucks with no practice for a tough game..  but i highly doubt the tacks will be the only team with positive tests this season so let it shake itself out. Big ben puts a whoopin on our practice squad so be it. Not like the starters were stopping anyone

I have to admit that the tacks are playing pretty good now that they have a decent QB.  Sick (I can't believe I typed that).  With that being said I would be curious as to which players tested positive.

Also as I said before.  I thought that the changes to the practice squad with more/veteran/protected players was put in place for just this kind of situation along with not having a preseason.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Now it's being reported by Adam Schefter that the league would still like to play the Steelers/Titans game on Sunday. But that one of their contingency plans in place might move the game to Monday Night. (To allow time for things like more contact tracing).

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...1543504896

Here are the three Titans players that have just been placed on the COVID list:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...9607380992

(09-29-2020, 04:54 PM)mal234 Wrote: Here are the three Titans players that have just been placed on the COVID list:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...9607380992

I still think the game should be played as scheduled.  My thinking is that the game would be played anyway if these three players had gotten injured this past weekend.  What the NFL/Titans decide to do regarding preparation for this coming weekend is up to them.

My only problem with this is the staff member tested positive before the Vikings game and contact tracing was not done. Players shouldn't have played in that game. The NFL is causing this because they didn't react and force it. Just because you don't test positive today doesn't mean you won't tomorrow. They have to isolate people using the devices they are all supposed to be wearing.

Next man up
[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Dang, don't wish that on anyone, but play who you have if everyone else test negative.

How do you go all preseason (if they actually had one) and 3 weeks into the season with no cases NFL wide and magically have this many on one team. I was assuming their was consistent testing daily. Either way doesn't look good for the NFL. Wonder if it will scare the colleges going forward now that this has happened on the pro level.
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

(09-29-2020, 08:01 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote: Dang, don't wish that on anyone, but play who you have if everyone else test negative.

How do you go all preseason (if they actually had one) and 3 weeks into the season with no cases NFL wide and magically have this many on one team. I was assuming their was consistent testing daily. Either way doesn't look good for the NFL. Wonder if it will scare the colleges going forward now that this has happened on the pro level.
Colleges are doing contact tracing and actually keeping players isolated.

The NFL has had failed tests, but they keep saying they were false positives. When you don't test positive for 4-5 days at the earliest, you cannot just assume the others are fine until they fail a test. They obviously aren't doing contact tracing like they should.

(09-29-2020, 08:01 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote:  Wonder if it will scare the colleges going forward now that this has happened on the pro level.

Some colleges have already canceled, postponed, and moved games this season due to Covid outbreaks. 

I don't think these schools and franchises are going to be scared away from the money. These seasons are going to finish barring some sort of large scale league wide outbreak.
I mean look at PAC 12, they were dead set on not playing until Spring at the earliest... once BIG10 jumped back in, they did too.
Don't wanna be on the outside looking in.

This is unfortunate but what I find amazing is that 3 players on the tacks squad tested positive, after playing a game with the Vikes, and no one on the Vikes tested positive.
So how contagious is this virus really? Hmm? Were they back ups that didn't see much, if any, game time? Are these positive tests legit Covid 19 which apparently there's a lot of uncertainty about the testing process and what causes a positive test, like a dead virus with lingering fragments, false positives, or a simple common cold triggering a positive test in the anti-gen test, which is the quick 15 minute test vs the covid 24 hour test. Are they doing the anti-gen test daily and the COVID test only after receiving a positive on the anti-gen?

Curious to see how much detail the NFL puts out regarding this and how they proceed.

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2020, 11:24 AM by mal234.)

According to reporters on Twitter, the Titans/Steelers Sunday game will be postponed and that it might be moved to Monday or Tuesday:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1311324546948042752