Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kyle Pitts

He is currently on pace for 40 TDs this season. In all seriousness, I desperately want this guy on the Jags next year.

Minshew, Chark, Shenault, Pitts, and Robinson would be a lot of fun.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2020, 12:36 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Draft Pitts and go D with our other 1st and 2 2nds if the value is there

I would love Pitts. The question is, where does he get drafted? Top 10? Top 20?

Rams pick likely to be outside of top 20, and our pick likely to be top 10. We taking Pitts at 6th overall?

(10-05-2020, 12:41 PM)Kane Wrote: I would love Pitts. The question is, where does he get drafted? Top 10? Top 20?

Rams pick likely to be outside of top 20, and our pick likely to be top 10. We taking Pitts at 6th overall?

If he continues to dominate like he is yes I would take him at 6.  I think he will be like Jimmy Graham in his prime

(10-05-2020, 12:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 12:41 PM)Kane Wrote: I would love Pitts. The question is, where does he get drafted? Top 10? Top 20?

If he continues to dominate like he is yes I would take him at 6.  I think he will be like Jimmy Graham in his prime

He's a better blocker than Jimmy Graham I think. But yeah, somehow I'm over here hoping, if the season keeps going down the toilet, we can end up with both Trask and Pitts lol
I'm still hoping Minshew improves and then we could maybe just grab Pitts to add to his weapons. And then use the other picks all on defense and perhaps OL (Linder's age/health, Norwell's contract, Robinson's not elite)

(10-05-2020, 12:50 PM)Kane Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 12:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If he continues to dominate like he is yes I would take him at 6.  I think he will be like Jimmy Graham in his prime

He's a better blocker than Jimmy Graham I think. But yeah, somehow I'm over here hoping, if the season keeps going down the toilet, we can end up with both Trask and Pitts lol
I'm still hoping Minshew improves and then we could maybe just grab Pitts to add to his weapons. And then use the other picks all on defense and perhaps OL (Linder's age/health, Norwell's contract, Robinson's not elite)
Yeah, he's definitely a better blocker but I was more talking about his pass catching.  Im hoping Minshew is the guy as well

(10-05-2020, 12:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Draft Pitts and go D with our other 1st and 2 2nds if the value is there

We need DE, 3-technique, 2 Safeties and a CB. That already covers our first 5 picks. Not to mention we may need a QB as well. Where are we gonna get all these picks from?

Pitts is a very athletic tight end who should have much success in the NFL, but I'd never take him that high. The Jaguars have so many needs on both lines, the secondary and quite possibly at quarterback. Fortunately, they should have 4 picks in the top 40 as well as a lot of salary cap room.They have another 12 games to evaluate the personnel and decide how to approach the off-season. The best case scenerio is for Minshew to come on strong so they don't need to draft a quarterback. Unfortunately, I just see him as a mid-range starter who could win when surrounded by a great supporting cast. If Fields is still available when they pick and he continues to develop once Ohio State begins playing he should be the pick. If not, they will likely go with the best lineman on either side of the ball. If the off-season began tomorrow, this would be my best-case scenerio:

Free agency: Justin Simmons (safety)

Draft: (First 5 picks):

1. Justin Fields (top 5 pick)

2. Best defensive lineman (Marvin Wilson, Carlos Basham, Jaylen Twyman best options)

3, Best tight end: Likely will be Brevin Jordan from Miami, unless Freirmuth somehow drops out of 1st round.

4. Offensive tackle: Eichenberg, Mayfield

5. Cornerback: Marco Wilson/Jaycee Horn

Linebacker will also need to be addressed at some point, possibly in free agency if the price is reasonable.

(10-05-2020, 02:28 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 12:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Draft Pitts and go D with our other 1st and 2 2nds if the value is there

We need DE, 3-technique, 2 Safeties and a CB. That already covers our first 5 picks. Not to mention we may need a QB as well. Where are we gonna get all these picks from?

Depending on who comes out this draft I'm not sure we're taking a SS and a FS in the first 5 picks. CB should definitely be on the list of first 3 picks. And a penetrating DT could be as well. DE might not be at the top of the list with Allen and Chaisson being our starters for the foreseeable future.

But all these years we've been clamoring for a legit threat at TE and Pitts looks the real deal. If we have a chance to get him he should be a possibility. 
If we absolutely need a QB, we're probably using our highest first rounder there, and then we'll just have to see how the draft falls after that. But if Minshew is good enough, or given another year, Pitts isn't a bad choice imo. Gives Minshew another weapon, and someone who could pull coverage away from Chark (or vice versa). If we load up on D in another draft we won't see much success right away. We'll still have a very young D relying on a lot of rookies and 2nd year players. I think 2021 sees us dip back into free agency. Possibly for a FS, maybe a corner, perhaps a piece on the DL. 

I don't see 2021 draft being all defense. If we can nab a good blocker who is also an elite receiving threat at TE, something we've pretty much never had, not sure why people would be against it. 
Also remember, prior to this past draft we absolutely needed 2 or 3 OL guys. And they're playing better (though we may still need one of those). So I don't think we bank on using our first 5 picks on defense just because they are playing poorly right now. We'll have 10 total picks. 4 will be in the top 50. 
First 4 picks could be QB, TE, 3T, and CB or TE, 3T, CB, and OL (Linder is oft injured, Norwell probably gone, Robinson future uncertain)

(10-05-2020, 02:28 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

If Pitts is there and he is BPA im taking him without question.  We will have a lot of Money for FA as well.

So far I've seen Pitts going in mocks in the 15-23 range... If we could somehow steal him with the Rams pick I'd be straight giddy

(10-05-2020, 03:33 PM)Kane Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 02:28 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: We need DE, 3-technique, 2 Safeties and a CB. That already covers our first 5 picks. Not to mention we may need a QB as well. Where are we gonna get all these picks from?

Depending on who comes out this draft I'm not sure we're taking a SS and a FS in the first 5 picks. CB should definitely be on the list of first 3 picks. And a penetrating DT could be as well. DE might not be at the top of the list with Allen and Chaisson being our starters for the foreseeable future.

But all these years we've been clamoring for a legit threat at TE and Pitts looks the real deal. If we have a chance to get him he should be a possibility. 
If we absolutely need a QB, we're probably using our highest first rounder there, and then we'll just have to see how the draft falls after that. But if Minshew is good enough, or given another year, Pitts isn't a bad choice imo. Gives Minshew another weapon, and someone who could pull coverage away from Chark (or vice versa). If we load up on D in another draft we won't see much success right away. We'll still have a very young D relying on a lot of rookies and 2nd year players. I think 2021 sees us dip back into free agency. Possibly for a FS, maybe a corner, perhaps a piece on the DL. 

I don't see 2021 draft being all defense. If we can nab a good blocker who is also an elite receiving threat at TE, something we've pretty much never had, not sure why people would be against it. 
Also remember, prior to this past draft we absolutely needed 2 or 3 OL guys. And they're playing better (though we may still need one of those). So I don't think we bank on using our first 5 picks on defense just because they are playing poorly right now. We'll have 10 total picks. 4 will be in the top 50. 
First 4 picks could be QB, TE, 3T, and CB or TE, 3T, CB, and OL (Linder is oft injured, Norwell probably gone, Robinson future uncertain)

I just don't see a duo of Allen and Chaisson having any success at all unless we switch over to a 3-4 scheme full time. Two smallish DE's who are speed rushers, rarely work. I still think we need a bigger DE on the outside and the only one I see that consistently gets to the QB is Carlos Basham of Wake Forest. If he continues tearing through the ACC like he has been through the first three games, I can't see him lasting past the top of round 2. A penetrating DT like Twyman or Darius Stills would help a lot, but I still think size is needed on the edge. 

If Caldwell is still here for the 2021 draft, I could see him totally ignoring the defense and going all offense, just because he thinks he got all the defensive players he needed in 2020. 

As far as the O-Line, they are better, but I wouldn't call them anything more than an average group. RG still needs an upgrade, we are still vastly overpaying Norwell and Cam Robinson is a free agent after the season and there is no way I pay him more than $9.5 million per season. That would put him between Bryan Bulaga and Charles Leno, basically average LT's. I doubt he accepts that, so I gotta prepare for him to leave. 

If you wanna get technical, I don't see any of our 2021 free agents that we HAVE TO re-sign. I would like to re-sign Robinson to a moderate, short term contract as well as Eifert, O'Shaughnessy and Keelan Cole, but everyone else can kick rocks. 

Listen, I LOVE Pitts. I think the kid is immensely talented and I would LOVE to have him on this team. I just see a lot of holes that we HAVE to fix on defense in order to dig us out of this deep, deep hole we are in. Not to mention that I am starting to see regression in Minshew and I don't know what to do with him as well. Yes, we have a lot of draft picks, but we also have a lot of needs. More needs than we have picks to fill them and since our team has had it's name dragged through the mud by several players in the league, I don't think we're gonna be able to draw in some better free agents. I think we'll be lucky to add 1 or 2 mid tier free agents like we did with Joe Schobert and so far, that isn't working out so well. 

However we draft, I honestly believe we are in a position where we are gonna be bad for at least 3 more years and that's being optimistic that Caldwell, Marrone and Wash are gone. If any one of those guys are still here in 2021, we're probably looking at 4-5 years before we are good again.

He could be the BAP in that 8-15 range. If we over-perform or the Rams under-perform, he should be a target.

Pitts is going to be awesome, but TE produce early in theirs careers so rarely. If we took him we would need to more or less accept that he isn't going to do anything as a rookie and he probably won't be a game changer until year 3 or 4.

Another TD already

How is his blocking?

My thing is as long as we have a coach who insists on running the ball, guys like Pitts will be devalued by this franchise.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Think Hockensen. Top ten pick
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(10-12-2020, 02:20 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

How is his blocking?

My thing is as long as we have a coach who insists on running the ball, guys like Pitts will be devalued by this franchise.

His blocking is actually pretty good. That isn't his first job on most plays but he lines up inline to block plenty and does a very good job.
That was a main focus of his in the off season, improving blocking.

He's legit. And hopefully the next coach and GM won't devalue the TE position the way the Jaguars seemingly have over the last decade+

Jags need to do whatever it takes to get this guy. Generational TE. Trade out of #2 and get him. We will regret it if we don't.

(12-20-2020, 12:21 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Jags need to do whatever it takes to get this guy. Generational TE. Trade out of #2 and get him. We will regret it if we don't.

Arguably the best pro prospect I've seen coming out of UF.