Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bill O'Brien fired

That escalated quickly and yet the Jags can't ever fire anyone

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Meh, I'm no fan of the Texans and don't really care about O'Brien. I thought the Hopkins trade was bone-headed. I just wonder if it's jumping the gun a bit letting him go after week 4 considering the really strange "off-season" that the league had combined with their brutal opening schedule.

(10-05-2020, 05:52 PM)rufftime Wrote: It makes sense that they let him go over the bye week.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought their bye week was in week 8.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

[quote pid='1327139' dateline='1601935336']
(10-05-2020, 05:52 PM)rufftime Wrote: It makes sense that they let him go over the bye week.

[/quote]

Wait for it...
s
;

;

(10-05-2020, 06:18 PM)Norman Mushari Wrote: [quote pid='1327139' dateline='1601935336']

Wait for it...
[/quote]

LOL.  Well not exactly a bye week, but close enough I guess.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(10-05-2020, 05:14 PM)Bullseye Wrote: The rest of the AFC South are in mourning!

My thoughts as well!

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2020, 08:24 PM by rufftime.)

(10-05-2020, 06:32 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 06:18 PM)Norman Mushari Wrote: [quote pid='1327139' dateline='1601935336']

Wait for it...

LOL.  Well not exactly a bye week, but close enough I guess.
[/quote]

I am kidding of course. If the Texans take us lightly, we could smack them in the mouth (like any team).

They have pretty much owned the division since O'Brien got there. I think it is down hill now for the Texans for a while

(10-05-2020, 08:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: They have pretty much owned the division since O'Brien got there.  I think it is down hill now for the Texans for a while

That was due mostly to personnel decisions made by Rick Smith.

When O'Brien became GM, he made some irretrievably stupid trades.

Jadeveopn Clowney for a handful of magic beans Barkevious Mingo, some other guy nobody heard of, and a 3?!?!?

Getting outmaneuvered in the draft by the Eagles?

Two first round picks for Laremy Tunsil?!?

Trading away DeAndre hopkins for a song?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I honestly feel sorry for Texans fans. They had a pretty good team and O'Brien dismantled it and got trash in return. On top of that, they traded away their 1st round pick in 2021 and that looks like it could be a top 5 selection. O'Brien certainly screwed the Texans.

(10-05-2020, 09:25 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 08:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: They have pretty much owned the division since O'Brien got there.  I think it is down hill now for the Texans for a while

That was due mostly to personnel decisions made by Rick Smith.

When O'Brien became GM, he made some irretrievably stupid trades.

Jadeveopn Clowney for a handful of magic beans Barkevious Mingo, some other guy nobody heard of, and a 3?!?!?

Getting outmaneuvered in the draft by the Eagles?

Two first round picks for Laremy Tunsil?!?

Trading away DeAndre hopkins for a song?
Oh I agree he isnt a good GM but I think he is a good coach

(10-05-2020, 09:32 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I honestly feel sorry for Texans fans. They had a pretty good team and O'Brien dismantled it and got trash in return. On top of that, they traded away their 1st round pick in 2021 and that looks like it could be a top 5 selection. O'Brien certainly screwed the Texans.

I feel bad for them until I look at our situation. Draft picks are really the only thing we have over them. What ever coach comes in gets Watson but other than that it looks like they are going to be rebuilding without picks.

I would have expected them to beat us with him. I still expect it. He was an okay coach but he was a terrible GM. Too bad he’s gone.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(10-05-2020, 05:10 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 05:03 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: Hopefully the chaos there will help us this week!

When is Bologna and Dave Gone?

Would have been so cool to have this weekend become the battle of the interim head coaches...would make for a better headline than us potentially coughing up a win to a winless team for the third consecutive week.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

Lord help us if we lose to a winless team with no coach. 
Will that be enough for getting rid of our own clown show?  Cry

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(10-06-2020, 12:14 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: Lord help us if we lose to a winless team with no coach. 

Welp...Our last best chance to win another game or two the next couple of weeks are the winless and reeling Texans and the seemingly alway hard luck Lions.

Sadly, our pass rush is inept enough, our secondary is bad enough, and our health is poor enough that Watson and Stafford are perfectly capable of eating our defense alive.

Watt is disruptive enough to slow our offense.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Sucks for us that butt chin Bill is finally gone.

(10-06-2020, 12:14 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: Lord help us if we lose to a winless team with no coach. 

Didn't we win with Morrone the game after sacking Gus? Granted, we weren't winless but we didn't have many. I fully expect the Texans to win.

it doesn't matter who HC is for opposseing teams anymore. as long as doug is head coach jags are not winning another game unless its handed to them cause nfl pays other team to throw the game. Jags are incample of winning a game theierselves as long as doug is head coach. he needs to be fired. only way you see jags win again this year is in Madden 21.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them.