Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Washington Benches Dwayne Haskins

Yeah I wanted him I admit I haven't seen him play much so far but sounds like hes been bad. I know the other two have looked pretty dang bad too Jones and Darnold.
No Fun

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-09-2020, 01:56 PM)nhiverson Wrote: Yeah I wanted him I admit I haven't seen him play much so far but sounds like hes been bad. I know the other two have looked pretty dang bad too Jones and Darnold.

Darnold was actually the class before.
2018 Had Mayfield, Darnold, Allen, Rosen and Jackson.
Allen seemingly is turning a corner in year 3 and Jackson has been dynamic. One of them will be on 3 teams in 4 years by next season (Rosen), Darnold hasn't looked great but has been severely hampered by Gase imo. Mayfield is a mixed bag for a first overall pick.

2019 was Haskins' class with notable QBs being Kyler, Daniel Jones, Drew Lock, and Minshew. Haskins' has been outplayed by every single one of them and Jones hasn't been good by any real stretch.

I'd always be weary about drafting a QB that has so few starts on his resume, no matter how impressive those few starts looked. 1 year starters are too risky for first round picks, imo.

If I was him, I would continue to check my online banking account, and as long as they keep depositing millions of dollars then I wouldn’t care if I played football or not.

The guy just isn’t NFL quality starter material.

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2020, 09:42 PM by Bullseye.)

(10-07-2020, 10:34 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(10-07-2020, 10:31 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: I was told by multiple people on here that I was dumb for doubting him coming out of college. Look at his Ohio St. Highlights.. it's literally all go-routes and 50yd bombs. That kind of offense doesn't work in the NFL.

Kalamari... I never once doubted you, but I would never eat your kind again. Too squishy.

Maggiano's has great kalamari.

(10-09-2020, 03:16 PM)Kane Wrote:
(10-09-2020, 01:56 PM)nhiverson Wrote: Yeah I wanted him I admit I haven't seen him play much so far but sounds like hes been bad. I know the other two have looked pretty dang bad too Jones and Darnold.

Allen seemingly is turning a corner in year 3 and Jackson has been dynamic. One of them will be on 3 teams in 4 years by next season (Rosen), Darnold hasn't looked great but has been severely hampered by Gase imo. Mayfield is a mixed bag for a first overall pick.

2019 was Haskins' class with notable QBs being Kyler, Daniel Jones, Drew Lock, and Minshew. Haskins' has been outplayed by every single one of them and Jones hasn't been good by any real stretch.

I'd always be weary about drafting a QB that has so few starts on his resume, no matter how impressive those few starts looked. 1 year starters are too risky for first round picks, imo.

Now that you have mentioned him, what is your take on Darnold?  Do you think he is a bust, or is he a case of a guy having zero surrounding help?

If you were GM of the Jets and had the top pick next year, would you take Lawrence or trade down for a bunch of picks?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2020, 08:28 AM by Talented Kalamari.)

Didn't Ron Rivera bring in his own staff to Washington? If so, I think this move is more about Kyle Allen knowing the system than it is an indictment on Haskins. (Who has been disappointing to say the least)

Makes you wonder if he'll get the Josh Rosen treatment.

(10-09-2020, 03:16 PM)Kane Wrote:

This.

Call me crazy, but I'd rather take a 24 yr. old QB than a 20 year old.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-10-2020, 09:40 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-09-2020, 03:16 PM)Kane Wrote: Darnold was actually the class before.

Now that you have mentioned him, what is your take on Darnold?  Do you think he is a bust, or is he a case of a guy having zero surrounding help?

If you were GM of the Jets and had the top pick next year, would you take Lawrence or trade down for a bunch of picks?

You take Lawrence 100% of the time if you're the Jets.

Can't pass up on Roethlisberger just because we have Leftwich, etc etc.

(10-10-2020, 09:40 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-07-2020, 10:34 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: Kalamari... I never once doubted you, but I would never eat your kind again. Too squishy.

Maggiano's has great kalamari.

(10-09-2020, 03:16 PM)Kane Wrote: Darnold was actually the class before.

Personally I didn't like Darnold coming out. Too many mental mistakes, lots of INTs, wasn't much of a star in a weak conference.
At this point he's looking like a bust and if given the opportunity I'd definitely take Lawrence. But if a new HC comes in and thinks he can fix him, I might be inclined to continue building the rest of the roster while the QB is on a rookie deal. It isn't like there won't be other QBs and I don't think Lawrence fixes all the issues of any team picking in the top 5.