Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 5-2020 TNF

I think that the Bucs will win tonight. But I am interested in seeing how Nick/the Bears play in his second game as their starter.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I need Tampa to win by 4

Pay that man!

Can't wait to see Byron as a HC in the league. Jags should make the move.

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2020, 08:58 PM by mal234.)

Nick is looking a bit shaky out there. I think he looks like he's a bit afraid to make much movement, though we know that making moves outside of the pocket isn't really his thing.

(10-08-2020, 08:58 PM)mal234 Wrote: Nick is looking a bit shaky out there. I think he looks like he's a bit afraid to make much movement, though we know that making moves outside of the pocket isn't really his thing.

He was HOT garbage last week as well.

(10-08-2020, 09:02 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(10-08-2020, 08:58 PM)mal234 Wrote: Nick is looking a bit shaky out there. I think he looks like he's a bit afraid to make much movement, though we know that making moves outside of the pocket isn't really his thing.

He was HOT garbage last week as well.

And he just threw another rough throw that was nowhere near his receiver. I see people actually got "Put Mitch" in trending on Twitter, lol. It's going to be rough for the Bears if Nick continues after them benching Mitch. It's going to make their QB situation even worse.

(10-08-2020, 09:06 PM)mal234 Wrote:
(10-08-2020, 09:02 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: He was HOT garbage last week as well.

And he just threw another rough throw that was nowhere near his receiver. I see people actually got "Put Mitch" in trending on Twitter, lol. It's going to be rough for the Bears if Nick continues after them benching Mitch. It's going to make their QB situation even worse.

Yeah. They probably should just roll with Trubisky, at least he can run a little. Foles just stands there and well.. just sucks.

Bears should try to get Trask

That last drive by the Bears was a good and much needed drive. Nick still looks a bit shaky throwing. But at least he was able to hit his receivers during this drive and along with the running game the Bears were able to move down the field and get the TD.

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2020, 09:50 PM by mal234.)

Great catch by Jimmy Graham and now the Bears have some momentum and the lead.

Osi Umenyiora does an NFL show in the UK. He said as soon as the Bears named Foles a starter he would choke. He was saying when he gets the job as someone injured or has the threat of the starter returning then he is on fire, but when he knows he is the #1 QB he chokes.

But this game has just completely swung round

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2020, 09:59 PM by mal234.)

(10-08-2020, 09:52 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Osi Umenyiora does an NFL show in the UK. He said as soon as the Bears named Foles a starter he would choke. He was saying when he gets the job as someone injured or has the threat of the starter returning then he is on fire, but when he knows he is the #1 QB he chokes.

Nick's definitely looked shaky in this game. But I think what is helping him right now is that the rest of his team is still fighting and helping him make plays. Players like other players in the offense didn't stop fighting when he made those bad throws earlier on and players like Coradelle Patterson, David Montgomery, Jimmy Graham are making big plays for him. (The big turnover the Bears got later in the second half helped as well.) I think that these things has helped him start to settle in a little more in this game.

That's one thing I will definitely give the Bears credit for especially these past few years. They will play hard and fight regardless of how poorly their QB at the moment plays. It's one of the reasons why people felt like they could go far with even an average QB.

(10-08-2020, 09:57 PM)mal234 Wrote:
(10-08-2020, 09:52 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Osi Umenyiora does an NFL show in the UK. He said as soon as the Bears named Foles a starter he would choke. He was saying when he gets the job as someone injured or has the threat of the starter returning then he is on fire, but when he knows he is the #1 QB he chokes.

Nick's definitely looked shaky in this game. But I think what is helping him right now is that the rest of his team is still fighting and helping him make plays. Players like other players in the offense didn't stop fighting when he made those bad throws earlier on and players like Coradelle Patterson, David Montgomery, Jimmy Graham are making big plays for him. (The big turnover the Bears got later in the second half helped as well.) I think that these things has helped him start to settle in a little more in this game.

That's one thing I will definitely give the Bears credit for especially these past few years. They will play hard and fight regardless of how poorly their QB at the moment plays. It's one of the reasons why people felt like they could go far with even an average QB.

I still think their D is top 5 in the league, looked a bit like us with Bortles, they seemed to have no faith in the O. Trubisky has had more than enough chances and doesnt look a number 2 pick. I agree that the team is buying into Foles and just trying to give him shots.

That fumble before the half was huge but I like this Bucs team and Brady is still playing well

Cmon Bucs

Wirfs having a very bad game

I'm sure we will have a play without a flag at some point

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2020, 10:38 PM by mal234.)

Lol at Tom Brady getting angry because he didn't get that call. He went off including on his O-linemen.

(10-08-2020, 10:35 PM)mal234 Wrote: Lol at Tom Brady getting angry because he didn't get that call for the first down.

I think he may have been yelling at his Oline. That 15 yarder killed that drive.

Brady just gave his whole team an earful.. deservedly so. The Bucs look extremely sloppy. Maybe some of the sloppiest play I’ve ever seen