Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID in the league

Now the Bears and Chiefs have tested positive. I wonder if we'll make it to the playoffs.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/10/10/chiefs...d-19-tests

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2020, 05:53 PM by Talented Kalamari.)

Just curious, Have any of you guys on here had COVID yet? I have never been tested, but I had flu like symptoms about 3 months ago and have still a bit of a compromised sense of smell as well as taste (my smell and taste used to be VERY strong) My job requires me to be active, so fortunately I’m in decent shape, and I’m only 24. I know a lot of posters on here are a little older than me (No offense). Was just curious about y’all’s symptoms and experiences

(10-10-2020, 05:53 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Just curious, Have any of you guys on here had COVID yet? I have never been tested, but I had flu like symptoms about 3 months ago and have still a bit of a compromised sense of smell as well as taste (my smell and taste used to be VERY strong) My job requires me to be active, so fortunately I’m in decent shape, and I’m only 24. I know a lot of posters on here are a little older than me (No offense). Was just curious about y’all’s symptoms and experiences

Jamies_fried_chicken had it. I think at one point several family members had it. A few others tested positive.

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2020, 01:41 PM by mal234.)

One of the Chargers OL Ryan Groy reportedly has Covid-19. He played 72 snaps against the Jags players this past Sunday. I wonder how this news might impact the Jags.

https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...5294990339

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2020, 12:14 AM by NewJagsCity.)

I just retested this past Monday and was negative. I tested on October 9th and was found to be positive. I had fever for a solid week, in the 100 to 102 range, but I've been free of fever since last Thursday. The only sense of taste that changed for me was that salt tasted saltier. I visited the ER a week after testing positive because I was a little short of breath and was wheezing a bit, but the chest x-ray showed clear lungs, and didn't indicate I had any pneumonia. I have never smoked, and don't suffer from asthma or COPD, so that helped. Got a z-pack and a steroid shot, and that cleared up the shortness of breath and body aches that I was experiencing. I guess in summary I would say that this was for me very much like a prolonged flu. I'm 63, so I guess I'm living proof that you can recover from this reasonably well past 60, but again it helps to have a good record of Health. As far as how I acquired it, there I have no idea. I work from home, and I rarely leave the house except to go to the grocery or pick up food at restaurants, and always wear an n95 mask in public. Disturbingly enough, I have heard of people who think they got this from takeout food, and I certainly wouldn't rule that out considering I have no idea where else I could have gotten it. Thankful that I'm over it and back to normal, and am now more sympathetic to those who are experiencing it.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2020, 07:55 AM by mal234.)

(10-30-2020, 12:07 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: I just retested this past Monday and was negative. I tested on October 9th and was found to be positive. I had fever for a solid week, in the 100 to 102 range, but I've been free of fever since last Thursday. The only sense of taste that changed for me was that salt tasted saltier. I visited the ER a week after testing positive because I was a little short of breath and was wheezing a bit, but the chest x-ray showed clear lungs, and didn't indicate I had any pneumonia. I have never smoked, and don't suffer from asthma or COPD, so that helped.  Got a z-pack and a steroid shot, and that cleared up the shortness of breath and body aches that I was experiencing. I guess in summary I would say that this was for me very much like a prolonged flu.  I'm 63, so I guess I'm living proof that you can recover from this reasonably well past 60, but again it helps to have a good record of Health. As far as how I acquired it, there I have no idea.  I work from home, and I rarely leave the house except to go to the grocery or pick up food at restaurants, and always wear an n95 mask in public.  Disturbingly enough, I have heard of people who think they got this from takeout food, and I certainly wouldn't rule that out considering I have no idea where else I could have gotten it.  Thankful that I'm over it and back to normal, and am now more sympathetic to those who are experiencing it.

I'm glad to hear that you are doing okay. I think it's interesting that you say you work from home, wear masks and don't go out much. You just never know how people contact this virus. Some of the people that I know that got severe cases of it, including people from work, worked mostly in their offices and didn't interact as much with the public. Whereas I and most of my co-workers work around a bunch of people, and have very high exposure jobs. Maybe you interacted with someone that didn't have a mask and you got it that way.

I do think that being in good health can definitely help how severe a case people may get of this illness. It's so important for people to take care of themselves. Some habits like poor diet, and smoking etc... could make people more suspectible to not only COVID-19 but diseases in general. I think that people in general really need to do their best to take care of themselves. And if they are high risk try and avoid the public, people as much as they can right now.