Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 6

Damn, Dak Prescott just with a horror ankle injury. That's sad to see, and playing on the tag.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2020, 06:46 PM by mal234.)

(10-11-2020, 06:39 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Damn, Dak Prescott just with a horror ankle injury. That's sad to see, and playing on the tag.

I just heard about/saw this. I'm sorry about that. I have always liked Dak. And he's been pretty durable up until now. I wish him a healthy recovery. What a rough season the Cowboys are having. They have the same records as the Jaguars and they have been really struggling this year. Dak has been a bright spot with his play. Andy Dalton is a pretty good backup and could still technically be a starter, IMO.

Also, regarding other games in the NFL for Week 5, it looks like the Browns are having a good start so far against the Colts. It would be really good if they win this game against the Colts and continue their win streak. It also looks like Jimmy G is having a rough game back so far today. The Bengals also had another rough game and the Raiders got a good win against the Chiefs. The Jets also continue to really struggle and be in the race for the #1 draft pick.

(10-11-2020, 06:44 PM)mal234 Wrote:
(10-11-2020, 06:39 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Damn, Dak Prescott just with a horror ankle injury. That's sad to see, and playing on the tag.

I just heard about this. I'm sorry about that. I have always liked Dak. And he's been pretty durable up until now. I wish him a healthy recovery. What a rough season the Cowboys are having. They have the same records as the Jaguars and they have been really struggling this year. Dak has been a bright spot with his play. Andy Dalton is a pretty good backup and could still technically be a starter, IMO.

Also, regarding other games in the NFL for Week 5, it looks like the Browns are having a good start so far against the Colts. It would be really good if they win this game against the Colts and continue their win streak. It also looks like Jimmy G is having a rough game back so far today. The Bengals also had another rough game and the Raiders got a good win against the Chiefs.

Prescott had been playing really well, it's the D in Dallas that is the problem. Even Jerry looked upset. Big chance for Dalton. Interested to see how he does there.

Browns look a lot better this year but that roster is loaded. Colts look pretty solid too. Rivers pick 6 the difference now.

And Garoppolo looked really bad today, not sure how much was to injury.

Really solid win for the Raiders.

(10-11-2020, 06:48 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(10-11-2020, 06:44 PM)mal234 Wrote: I just heard about this. I'm sorry about that. I have always liked Dak. And he's been pretty durable up until now. I wish him a healthy recovery. What a rough season the Cowboys are having. They have the same records as the Jaguars and they have been really struggling this year. Dak has been a bright spot with his play. Andy Dalton is a pretty good backup and could still technically be a starter, IMO.

Also, regarding other games in the NFL for Week 5, it looks like the Browns are having a good start so far against the Colts. It would be really good if they win this game against the Colts and continue their win streak. It also looks like Jimmy G is having a rough game back so far today. The Bengals also had another rough game and the Raiders got a good win against the Chiefs.

Prescott had been playing really well, it's the D in Dallas that is the problem. Even Jerry looked upset. Big chance for Dalton. Interested to see how he does there.

Browns look a lot better this year but that roster is loaded. Colts look pretty solid too. Rivers pick 6 the difference now.

Yeah, Dak really has been playing well. It's not his fault the Cowboys are struggling. And up until today he was having Eli Manning type of durability. I definitely wish him a healthy and speedy recovery. He seems like a good guy. I wonder how Dalton will fare too. He is capable of being decent.  Maybe the team will rally more and try and win for Dak. They already quickly scored a TD with Zeke after Dak left and now they have gotten some pressure on Daniel Jones. It's definitely an opportunity for Andy to maybe get another job as a starter somewhere. And the NFC East is bad division and is still up for grabs, both Washington and Philly lost today. I am interested in seeing what happens with the Cowboys going forward.

Jimmy is struggling today, I do wonder if some of it may be rust. The 49ers actually have a pretty bad record when he doesn't play.  Ryan Fitzpatrick is having another good game. 

And I think that the Browns are going to be another team that I am going to follow more closely (like I used to when Manziel was on them). They'll be another team I'll root for this year. It would be nice to see something positive happen for them as they one of the teams that has been struggling for a long time.

(10-11-2020, 06:56 PM)mal234 Wrote:
(10-11-2020, 06:48 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Prescott had been playing really well, it's the D in Dallas that is the problem. Even Jerry looked upset. Big chance for Dalton. Interested to see how he does there.

Yeah, Dak really has been playing well. It's not his fault the Cowboys are struggling. And up until today he was having Eli Manning type of durability. I definitely wish him a healthy and speedy recovery. He seems like a good guy. I wonder how Dalton will fare too. He is capable of being decent.  Maybe the team will rally more and try and win for Dak. They already quickly scored a TD with Zeke after Dak left and now they have gotten some pressure on Daniel Jones. It's definitely an opportunity for Andy to maybe get another job as a starter somewhere. And the NFC East is bad division and is still up for grabs, both Washington and Philly lost today. I am interested in seeing what happens with the Cowboys going forward.

Jimmy is struggling today, I do wonder if some of it may be rust. The 49ers actually have a pretty bad record when he doesn't play.  Ryan Fitzpatrick is having another good game. 

And I think that the Browns are going to be another team that I am going to follow more closely (like I used to when Manziel was on them). They'll be another team I'll root for this year. It would be nice to see something positive happen for them as they one of the teams that has been struggling for a long time.

Yeah the AFC North is waking up again. Baltimore look very good, Steelers playing really well and Browns getting going. May get 3 playoff teams there. The Browns O is crazy. Landry, OBJ, Chubb, Hooper and #1 pick in Mayfield.

Fumble by Dalton! That could be huge, 5pt game at the moment. Yeah the East is a joke, think Washington lost and went top of the division!

Really solid win by Miami, Fitzpatrick playing great. Niners look beaten by the injuries, the West looks really tough again, not sure if this is just a down year, still a really strong team.

(10-11-2020, 07:13 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(10-11-2020, 06:56 PM)mal234 Wrote: Yeah, Dak really has been playing well. It's not his fault the Cowboys are struggling. And up until today he was having Eli Manning type of durability. I definitely wish him a healthy and speedy recovery. He seems like a good guy. I wonder how Dalton will fare too. He is capable of being decent.  Maybe the team will rally more and try and win for Dak. They already quickly scored a TD with Zeke after Dak left and now they have gotten some pressure on Daniel Jones. It's definitely an opportunity for Andy to maybe get another job as a starter somewhere. And the NFC East is bad division and is still up for grabs, both Washington and Philly lost today. I am interested in seeing what happens with the Cowboys going forward.

Yeah the AFC North is waking up again. Baltimore look very good, Steelers playing really well and Browns getting going. May get 3 playoff teams there. The Browns O is crazy. Landry, OBJ, Chubb, Hooper and #1 pick in Mayfield.

Fumble by Dalton! That could be huge, 5pt game at the moment. Yeah the East is a joke, think Washington lost and went top of the division!

Really solid win by Miami, Fitzpatrick playing great. Niners look beaten by the injuries, the West looks really tough again, not sure if this is just a down year, still a really strong team.

Maybe the AFC North will actually have three teams that make the playoffs. That's a rare thing to happen, but it's more likely now with the #7 playoff spot. This year the AFC is playing better than the NFC. The Browns, Ravens, Steelers are all playing well, The Chiefs are still good. The Bills are really good and the Colts/Titans are pretty solid. That's seven teams that could go to the playoffs right there. Add the Patroits who I think have been pretty decent when Cam is playing and the Raiders who are hanging in there and you have a pretty competitive AFC. 

The NFC on the other hand doesn't look as good. The best teams in that conference are the Packers, Seahawks, and the Rams. The Bears have a 4-1 record but they are very shaky at the QB position.  (Bucs, Cardinals, Saints) have decent/okay records and everyone else in that conference is pretty bad. There are several teams in that conference that have 1 or 0 wins. More room for a team with a bad start to sneak in and get a playoff spot.

I was glad to see the Cowboys and Browns win their games today. The Cowboys squeaked their wins after a couple of big throws/catches at the end of the game. And their kicker just barely made it through, but he made it. I do feel like they were playing for Dak and I could see them trying to do that/win for him going forward this season.

Also, the Browns are now 4-1 with four straight wins. According to this Tweet that happened Bill Belichick was the Head Coach and Nick Saban was the defensive coordinator.
https://twitter.com/NFLonCBS/status/1315435130043994112

It's been a long time, lol, but I am glad to see them doing well. I wonder how they will fare next week against the Steelers. That should be a good matchup.

Dalvin Cook is a beast.

I love the way he runs. Great vision, bounce, speed, decisive.

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2020, 08:45 PM by JagFan81.)

(10-11-2020, 08:07 PM)mal234 Wrote: I was glad to see the Cowboys and Browns win their games today. The Cowboys squeaked their wins after a couple of big throws/catches at the end of the game. And their kicker just barely made it through, but he made it. I do feel like they were playing for Dak and I could see them trying to do that/win for him going forward this season.

Also, the Browns are now 4-1 with four straight wins. According to this Tweet that happened Bill Belichick was the Head Coach and Nick Saban was the defensive coordinator.
https://twitter.com/NFLonCBS/status/1315435130043994112

It's been a long time, lol, but I am glad to see them doing well. I wonder how they will fare next week against the Steelers. That should be a good matchup.

Not sure how Dallas pulled that one out but Dalton threw a beauty of a pass for Gallup to set up the FG.

I agree with your other post that the NFC isnt playing as well this year. No one really looking unstoppable yet. Seahawks, Packers looking good but Saints, Bucs, Vikings, Niners etc been very up and down. Think a lot of it is Covid and the adjustments teams are making.

(10-11-2020, 08:33 PM)enigma Wrote: Dalvin Cook is a beast.

I love the way he runs. Great vision, bounce, speed, decisive.

Hes really playing well the last season and a half. Was worried when he missed his second season with injury but he looks good

Yannick is looking good. Smh

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2020, 10:23 PM by JagFan81.)

I would say this SNF is a game of two half's but we're only 7 mins into the 3rd q!

Cousins looks bad and the Vikings pass protection is a joke

Did Yannick just do his Houdini act?

Another good win for the Seahawks and Russell Wilson to remain undefeated at 5-0. Russ did a good job of getting them down the field in the last couple of minutes and DK Metcalf came up with a big TD catch for the team. I could definitely see Russ winning an MVP this year.

Vikings are 1 and 4
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Zimmer not kicking FG to go up 8 was a horrible horrible horrible decision. That is Marrone level.

(10-11-2020, 11:35 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: Vikings are 1 and 4

Yeah, their record is no better than the Jags. They really have been struggling to win this year and they've had some close losses.

(10-11-2020, 10:25 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Did Yannick just do his Houdini act?

Classic.

Someone will still cry though but the Vikings are 1-4 even with 5 sacks from Ngakoue lol.
And the dude is still the same guy vs the run.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(10-11-2020, 11:48 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(10-11-2020, 10:25 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Did Yannick just do his Houdini act?

Classic.

Someone will still cry though but the Vikings are 1-4 even with 5 sacks from Ngakoue lol.
And the dude is still the same guy vs the run.

It's almost like football is a full team game or something huh?..

But honestly, it makes it all that more impressive that he's currently 3rd (only behind Aaron Donald and Myles Garrett) in the league in sacks (without much other pass rush help, Hunter hasn't played at all this season), even though his team is constantly playing from behind. Sacks are all you ever preach and so far he's on pace for 16 on the season...

How's your boy Fowler doing? Oh yea, that 1 sack is looking real good huh?

You can continue to die on your Ngakoue hate hill, but deep down you truly know you've always been wrong about it, you're just in way too deep to change your stance now.

So Yan has more sacks than the entire Jags team?

(10-11-2020, 11:40 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Zimmer not kicking FG to go up 8 was a horrible horrible horrible decision. That is Marrone level.

disagree.

You get the first, you can eat up precious clock and either kick the FG if the drive stalls or maybe get lucky and put 6 on the board. If you convert, the biggest win is either eating up clock or forcing the hawks to spend their times out (were they down to 1 at that point? I can't recall). The hawks were moving the ball much better in the second half. I never doubted that Russ was going to be able to move down the field against the Vikes D. The only question mark was the 2-point conversion.

You can say sure, getting to an 8pt lead means that you might force OT. Do you think Seattle wasn't going to continue cruising through that D?

Had they converted, media would be lauding Zimmer for having the stones to go for the throat. Credit where it's due, it was a great stop by the Seattle D, they were getting gashed by the backup RBs, and I don't even think Dalvin would have converted on that run.