Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jets release Bell

Knew this was coming

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I wonder where he ends up going. Interesting thing is he was actually a team player on the Jets. I remember watching him a couple of seasons ago on that Monday night football game (I think against the Browns) when Sam had Mono. And he was working so hard trying to put the team on his back. And it seemed like he had a positive attitude even while the team was really struggling. I think that a team will definitely pick him up.

I think a team like the Rams

Just not a good fit in New York. He needs a good O-Line in front of him. I ultimately think he ends up with either the Dolphins, Pats or Chargers. I think he could find some success in the latter two teams.

(10-13-2020, 09:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think a team like the Rams

Maybe so. Or maybe another team will take him. Adam Schefter is saying that they've been trying to trade him for a bit now and no team would trade for him. Hmmm... makes me wonder about that. Maybe the other teams didn't like what the Jets were offering for him and that's why none of them may have taken them up on the trade. 

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...4571600896

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2020, 09:38 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-13-2020, 09:36 PM)mal234 Wrote:
(10-13-2020, 09:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think a team like the Rams

Maybe so. Or maybe another team will take him. Adam Schefter is saying that they've been trying to trade him for a bit now and no team would trade for him. Hmmm... makes me wonder about that. Maybe the other teams didn't like what the Jets were offering for him and that's why none of them may have taken them up on the trade. 

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...4571600896

Because he wasn't worth that contract is why nobody traded for him. Same reason nobody traded LF

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2020, 09:45 PM by mal234.)

Maybe the Seahawks is another team he might could end up with. Though, there was that drama he had with Jamal Adams after he was traded. Here is some more information about his contract and situation:

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/13...9239416835

I could see now that he's been released his situation, looking like an attractive bargain to teams.

We could get him for minimum salary since the Jets are on the hook for the rest of the 6 mil. He'd be an instant upgrade on Robinson and then we could have maybe the best RB duo in the league to take the pressure off Minshew.

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2020, 11:38 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

(10-13-2020, 11:06 PM)Upper Wrote: We could get him for minimum salary since the Jets are on the hook for the rest of the 6 mil. He'd be an instant upgrade on Robinson and then we could have maybe the best RB duo in the league to take the pressure off Minshew.

[Image: giphy.gif]
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

The only way I reach out to Bell is if Robinson (God forbid) gets hurt. Hopefully that never happens.

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2020, 12:18 AM by rpr52121.)

It depends on whether he is open to a complementary role. If not, there really isn't a team outside of NY/NJ with a definite "hole" at RB.

(10-13-2020, 11:06 PM)Upper Wrote: We could get him for minimum salary since the Jets are on the hook for the rest of the 6 mil. He'd be an instant upgrade on Robinson and then we could have maybe the best RB duo in the league to take the pressure off Minshew.

Not sure if serious lol, that was funny though

(10-14-2020, 07:35 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Not sure if serious lol, that was funny though

Yeah... not sure how effective Bell and Robinson would be splitting the 17 carries a game our RB gets.

Jets are 100% going for Trevor and the #1 pick.

Why would we want a washed up and probably expensive RB.. hard pass

why night sign him ,and put him on the defense side.    its not like he could make this defense any worse,try a bell expirmient as a defenseive player.   Wink Wink

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

I was definitely just joking don't worry.

not a single hundred yard game with the JEST. I dunno if that's just a sign they didn't give him carries or run support, or if he was just someone who benefitted from starting their career in Pittsburgh.

It's being reported now.that Bell will sign with three teams the Dolphins, Bills or Chiefs.

https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1...4094487554

I hope its the Dolphins