Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Each week we fix something....

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2020, 07:57 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

2 weeks ago we fixed the Bengals pass blocking

last week we fixed the Texans rush defense.

wonder what weakness of the Lions the Jags will be fixing this week.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Not sure what we will do but Patricia will look like a genius.

(10-14-2020, 08:26 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote: Not sure what we will do but Patricia will look like a genius.

Good point.  Much to the dismay of Lions fans, the Jags may actually save his job.

The Jags are Chicken Soup for the soul for teams trying to get right.

The Jags are the medicine for any team having an ailment
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2020, 07:42 PM by surfon.)

Think i can get the jags to come to my house? There is tons of stuff that needs fixing.i need some jags chicken soup.

Idk what we will "fix" but boy will our defense get killed. I have Stafford starting and Hockensen at TE. Hope they play well and we somehow win. haha.

Oh, we sure did revive WR Brandin Crooks' career

(10-14-2020, 07:57 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: 2 weeks ago we fixed the Bengals pass blocking

last week we fixed the Texans rush defense.

wonder what weakness of the Lions the Jags will be fixing this week.

On the other side of the spectrum, I have had thoughts of Jaguars K Jon Brown kicking the game winning from 50 yards or longer.  With Brown being named the AFC Special Teams Player of the Week.   

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2020, 03:57 PM by navyjagfan.)

The Jungle is dying - it's like the offseason.  
This is what decades of losing does to a fan base.

(10-16-2020, 11:04 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: The Jungle is dying - it's like the offseason.  
This is what decides of losing does to a fan base.

We were losing long before this board began dying. The inclusion of a certain popular section of this board was the start of the long decline.

(10-16-2020, 11:04 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: The Jungle is dying - it's like the offseason.  

I agree.  I think the fan base is dying.  It's a good thing we can't sell more than about 1/4 of the tickets this season, because if they tried to fill up that stadium, it would be embarrassing.  

I've about given up on this franchise.  They can move the team to London as far as I'm concerned.

(10-17-2020, 03:05 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:

We were losing long before this board began dying. The inclusion of a certain popular section of this board was the start of the long decline.

Balderdash.

(10-17-2020, 06:39 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

I agree.  I think the fan base is dying.  It's a good thing we can't sell more than about 1/4 of the tickets this season, because if they tried to fill up that stadium, it would be embarrassing.  

I've about given up on this franchise.  They can move the team to London as far as I'm concerned.

Lots of people feel this way, and the overt political stuff on game day also contributes to the decline. It's several things that all get boosted by the losing.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I know the board is not as fun as it once was. People used to actually joke and have fun. Now it’s crickets around here.
SF is right. Too many people hold grudges. There was a reason it used to be considered in bad taste to discuss certain things among friends and acquaintances. We’re rediscovering why. Plus the Jaguars suck AGAIN with no end in sight and it’s wearing everyone down. We can all agree on that.

(10-17-2020, 08:14 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I know the board is not as fun as it once was. People used to actually joke and have fun. Now it’s crickets around here.
SF is right. Too many people hold grudges. There was a reason it used to be considered in bad taste to discuss certain things among friends and acquaintances. We’re rediscovering why. Plus the Jaguars suck AGAIN with no end in sight and it’s wearing everyone down. We can all agree on that.

The fun people all left and you're stuck with me.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2020, 01:20 PM by jagman.)

I agree the fan base is just a fraction of what it was.  I have a question:  Who do you feel deserves the most blame for this?

(10-17-2020, 01:18 PM)jagman Wrote: I agree the fan base is just a fraction of what it was.  I have a question:  Who do you feel deserves the most blame for this?

Ownership.

(10-17-2020, 09:50 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-17-2020, 08:14 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I know the board is not as fun as it once was. People used to actually joke and have fun. Now it’s crickets around here.

The fun people all left and you're stuck with me.

A good bottle of liquor will solve that. I can't promise there won't be compromising pictures afterwards.

(10-17-2020, 02:40 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(10-17-2020, 01:18 PM)jagman Wrote: I agree the fan base is just a fraction of what it was.  I have a question:  Who do you feel deserves the most blame for this?

Ownership.

Completely. Khan sees the Jaguars strictly as an investment, not as an extension of his persona like Robert Kraft or Jerry Jones or the Davis' of Raiders fame. Additionally, he has no personal ties or history with the city of Jacksonville. As long as his investment keeps growing, he's not overly interested in win/loss records. Plus, if things really start to fold here, he knows he has an asset that is portable.

We fixed the Lions.  Onward to the Chargers.  We should be able to make Justin Herbert look like Dan Marino by the end of the game.