Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Just got a few questions

So with my work schedule, following CFB can be hard. I see Saban tested positive today for Covid and a number if teams losing funding for not following Covid rules. A few games have been postponed.

Now we dont know where we are going to be in 2 weeks let alone 2 months but do you think all the changes will have an effect on player development and in grading players.

Is everyone back playing now? I know it had a staggered start with teams starting later but are teams at full strength or is this almost an asterix season if you know what I mean.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-15-2020, 07:02 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: So with my work schedule, following CFB can be hard. I see Saban tested positive today for Covid and a number if teams losing funding for not following Covid rules. A few games have been postponed.

Now we dont know where we are going to be in 2 weeks let alone 2 months but do you think all the changes will have an effect on player development and in grading players.

Is everyone back playing now? I know it had a staggered start with teams starting later but are teams at full strength or is this almost an asterix season if you know what I mean.

MACtion doesn't start till November, but I'm sure nobody else around here gives a fart about G5 schools.

I don't think this affects development or grades. The only impact is you're not going to have those guys who flash in their last year out of nowhere to fly up darft boards. There's going to be limited film this year, yes, but the top guys willl have film from this year and the last. I think it was Vic that said the top teams this year in the draft are going to be the ones with whom scouts have good connections with coaches around the country - a lot of word of mouth over film and measurables will likely help teams find the diamonds in the rough.

I don't know that any FBS schools will be playing in the spring, that will be a challenge for the pro prospects. I can't recall if FCS completely wiped the season, or just delayed till Spring. For them, do you stay in school for the final season, your last chance to make some convincing arguments that you belong at the next level, or do you focus on combine (if that happens) and pro day exercises?

(10-16-2020, 03:21 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(10-15-2020, 07:02 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: So with my work schedule, following CFB can be hard. I see Saban tested positive today for Covid and a number if teams losing funding for not following Covid rules. A few games have been postponed.

MACtion doesn't start till November, but I'm sure nobody else around here gives a fart about G5 schools.

I don't think this affects development or grades. The only impact is you're not going to have those guys who flash in their last year out of nowhere to fly up darft boards. There's going to be limited film this year, yes, but the top guys willl have film from this year and the last. I think it was Vic that said the top teams this year in the draft are going to be the ones with whom scouts have good connections with coaches around the country - a lot of word of mouth over film and measurables will likely help teams find the diamonds in the rough.

I don't know that any FBS schools will be playing in the spring, that will be a challenge for the pro prospects. I can't recall if FCS completely wiped the season, or just delayed till Spring. For them, do you stay in school for the final season, your last chance to make some convincing arguments that you belong at the next level, or do you focus on combine (if that happens) and pro day exercises?

Thanks. It seemed to be back as normal as possible but still seems as at risk as the NFL if they actually finish the season. 

You make a good point being a scouting season, guys who already have tape and this season adds to it. I do wonder if it will have an effect on players declaring for the NFL in that regard. I wonder as well if the season runs into problems if it would have an impact on whether that counts as a year for the player.