Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Grading is "RACIST!!!"

The uncanny ability to make every thread about one's self is impressive and reaks of narcissism.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

How will athletics react to this? Most school systems require a C average to participate but if you don’t hand in any work because it cannot be held against you you have no GPA. I would say only in California but that mentality will creep across the nation in those historic democratic ran cities.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(10-19-2020, 09:53 AM)copycat Wrote: How will athletics react to this?  Most school systems require a C average to participate but if you don’t hand in any work because it cannot be held against you you have no GPA.  I would say only in California but that mentality will creep across the nation in those historic democratic ran cities.

It will create so many problems of its own that it will self-regulate eventually. This rule is actually widening the gap between white and black kids who suffer near 75% out-of-wedlock birth rates. Stripping schools of the ability to hold these kids to some sort of accountability will erode their chances to succeed even more. College admissions won’t change to accommodate it.
Merit speaks and achieves for itself. This will self-correct because it presents a dichotomy the left can’t avoid, much as the anti-gun movement is; they want their guns, just not you. But they can’t pass a law which accomplishes that. They want merit and achievement backgrounds for people they do business with, but eliminating it will negatively affect them eventually.

This is nothing but a greasy glurt of pre-election TDS. When they start feeling the hangover it will end. However, I’m a little shocked it occurred in San Diego which has always been a Republican stronghold in CA.

I think you are overly optimistic. This version of progressivism is not receding. It's gaining power and influence.

(10-19-2020, 09:41 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The uncanny ability to make every thread about one's self is impressive and reaks of narcissism.

My post: 2 sentences about my experience, 8 sentences about my opinion.  20% about me.

Your post: 1 sentence calling me a narcissist. 100% about me. 

Which of us is making this thread about me again??

No wonder your mom never talks about you.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2020, 11:37 AM by homebiscuit.)

(10-19-2020, 10:48 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I think you are overly optimistic. This version of progressivism is not receding. It's gaining power and influence.

Eh, I think you’re dismissing the power of correct thinking people. This didn’t happen in a vacuum. If a school board attempts to push this agenda in most places it will be vigorously opposed.
San Diego got away with it but is in no way a bellwether.

You also have to take into account that this does not affect the true achievers. The left just simply dug the basement deeper to ensure they have a solid voting base in the future.

'Those mean white racists dare to hold you to their standards? Then there will be no standards.'
-- 10 years later --
'Those mean white racists won't offer you a good job or college because of their achievement standards? Then vote for me and I'll make them pay.'

The left has been doing this for 50 years. It's simply another tact.

(10-19-2020, 11:22 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-19-2020, 10:48 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I think you are overly optimistic. This version of progressivism is not receding. It's gaining power and influence.

Eh, I think you’re dismissing the power of correct thinking people. This didn’t happen in a vacuum. If a school board attempts to push this agenda in most places it will be vigorously opposed.

You also have to take into account that this does not affect the true achievers. The left just simply dug the basement deeper to ensure they have a solid voting base in the future.

'Those mean white racists dare to hold you to their standards? Then there will be no standards.'
-- 10 years later --
'Those mean white racists won't offer you a good job or college because of their achievement standards? Then vote for me and I'll make them pay.'

Exactly. Past experience has shown that California school districts are some of the least influential political subdivisions there are. Remember ebonics?

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2020, 01:33 PM by Lucky2Last.)

(10-19-2020, 11:22 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

-- 10 years later --

Has this ideology gained influence or not? Every dominant society has crumbled from within, and it's because its citizenry becomes complacent. 20 years ago, I would have shared your sentiment, but unless an actual resistance forms, the outcome is going to be no different. The 60s were rough, but there were hardships and external threats that kept the people united. That is not the case. There is no bigger threat to the right than the left, and no bigger threat to the left than the right.

(10-19-2020, 01:06 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(10-19-2020, 11:22 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Eh, I think you’re dismissing the power of correct thinking people. This didn’t happen in a vacuum. If a school board attempts to push this agenda in most places it will be vigorously opposed.

-- 10 years later --

Has this ideology gained influence or not? Every dominant society has crumbled from within, and it's because its citizenry becomes complacent. 20 years ago, I would have shared your sentiment, but unless an actual resistance forms, the outcome is going to be no different. The 60s were rough, but there were hardships and external threats that kept the people united. That is not the case. There is no bigger threat to the right than the left, and no bigger threat to the left than the right.

Local politics has stayed fairly even keeled. I think what you're interpreting is the influence the left has effected upon the American populace, leveraging the MSM and Hollywood, for the last few decades. But it has outkicked its own coverage. The zeitgeist of uneasiness, and even of threat, is only perturbations of those who are losing grasp of the narrative they've controlled for so long. And so the pendulum swings. 

Have more faith in your fellow citizens, regardless of political stripe. Many people can talk an angry divisive game, but in the end, they have to go to work tomorrow like everyone else.

"Vote me and you won't have to!"
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-19-2020, 03:12 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: "Vote me and you won't have to!"

Promise?

So letters are racist too! Damn, numbers and shapes will be next. Absolutely no one or no thing is safe. Crayons... only one white one in the box. I can’t even pretend to be pissed about that.

The grade thing is silly. Not even sure where to begin. Idk if that district is one filled with gang violence or not. If so, then it’s not even going to matter. If they don’t attend or do the work, then they’ll still fail.

(10-19-2020, 04:52 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Promise?

Sure, I'll give everyone $50,000 a year UBI, Universal Health Insurance, free college, and a 1,500 square foot home. Then we'll invade Venezuela and confiscate their oil to pay for it all. Plus Cuba, I'll need Guantanamo to expand to hold all my political dissidents.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-19-2020, 05:54 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-19-2020, 04:52 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Promise?

Sure, I'll give everyone $50,000 a year UBI, Universal Health Insurance, free college, and a 1,500 square foot home. Then we'll invade Venezuela and confiscate their oil to pay for it all. Plus Cuba, I'll need Guantanamo to expand to hold all my political dissidents.

We love you, Bernie!

Biden-Harris, the last job application you'll ever need!
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Anyone else actually believe Biden is up by double digits right now? These people are evil, straight evil. They can't even get through a Zoom call without masturbating.. I feel like Rowdy Roddy Pipper in the movie They Live.. Put the damn Sunglasses on!  Wallbash

Does this mean I'm a victim of racism if I got bad grades? Because my stupid [BLEEP] never got above a C in math.

(10-20-2020, 03:04 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Does this mean I'm a victim of racism if I got bad grades? Because my stupid [BLEEP] never got above a C in math.

I never got below a B in math.
Go figure.

I once eagerly handed in a book report that I was super excited to get my grade on. I knew I did well. I was shocked when I finally got it back and in red ink it said “ stupid cracka, “f” (you)”.

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2020, 04:28 PM by homebiscuit.)

I saw a T-shirt on sale in a mall kiosk last week. In stylized font it said "Black and Educated".

Honest question. What are the expectations of people's reaction to that? It left me baffled.