Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tua to start for Dolphins

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2020, 12:13 PM by Kane.)

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...-dolphins/

After battling their way back to .500 it's Tua Time in Miami.
Kinda weird timing, imo.
edit: I guess timing isn't that weird considering the BYE week... but a really good Rams D is on the horizon, with a nasty DL and the Phins OL isn't great.... Good luck Tua.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I wonder how Tua ends up faring this season. I did see when the Dolphins inserted him into the lineup at the very end of the Jets game. Though I didn't get to see all of the short time he played in that game. People said he looked good in that very short time, lol.

(10-20-2020, 12:12 PM)Kane Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...-dolphins/

Kinda weird timing, imo.
edit: I guess timing isn't that weird considering the BYE week... but a really good Rams D is on the horizon, with a nasty DL and the Phins OL isn't great.... Good luck Tua.

Very weird timing.  Second place at 3-3, only one game out in a weak AFC East.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-20-2020, 04:25 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(10-20-2020, 12:12 PM)Kane Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...-dolphins/

Kinda weird timing, imo.

Very weird timing.  Second place at 3-3, only one game out in a weak AFC East.

That was my first thought.  Also, I haven't seen much of their games, but I didn't think that Fitzpatrick was doing bad for them.  It would make sense if they were failing miserably, but they are not.  I guess it could be because they have only beaten really bad teams thus far (Jaguars, Jets, Giants, 49'rs).  To me it would make more sense to ride with Fitzpatrick for this season and let him learn.  Evidently the Dolphins' coaching staff seems to think that he gives them the best chance to win.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I understand the timing coming at the bye week, but it still doesn't make sense. On a 3 game winning streak with a QB who's played decent and you switch? Just a bit odd.

They probably got tired of winning?

I am a Herbert fan and I doubt Tua plays as well or better than him.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2020, 09:44 PM by mal234.)

(10-20-2020, 05:14 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(10-20-2020, 04:25 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Very weird timing.  Second place at 3-3, only one game out in a weak AFC East.

That was my first thought.  Also, I haven't seen much of their games, but I didn't think that Fitzpatrick was doing bad for them.  It would make sense if they were failing miserably, but they are not.  I guess it could be because they have only beaten really bad teams thus far (Jaguars, Jets, Giants, 49'rs).  To me it would make more sense to ride with Fitzpatrick for this season and let him learn.  Evidently the Dolphins' coaching staff seems to think that he gives them the best chance to win.

I wonder if they have preferred Tua to Fitzpatrick for a while now. But just wanted to see if they had a realistic shot of competing this season before they inserted Tua into the starting lineup. I think they may have been extra protective over him due to his health issues. Maybe if the Miami team had looked worse they would have kept him on the bench longer and not risked putting him in more games.

Now that they have won some games, they are willing to give him a shot and see how far he can possibly take them this year. And he will have less wear and tear on his body, since he didn't have to play the first six games.

It all depends on how they protect him. I think he can be a great QB if he gets really good protection. With that said he doesn't handle pressure well at all and if the line doesn't block well I think we see Fitz back in

(10-20-2020, 07:59 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I understand the timing coming at the bye week, but it still doesn't make sense. On a 3 game winning streak with a QB who's played decent and you switch? Just a bit odd.

Yeah, I make the change once the team is eliminated from postseason, not like the switch is going to help put butts in seats or anything. Tua will have some growing pains, and I have a feeling they'll drop a game or two along the way that Fitzmagic might have pulled off.

Fitzy is a class dude, though, and will do everything to support the kid.

Let's see just how savvy Dave is - call Miami, let's do a swap of backups, Fitzy for Glennon, straight up.

(10-21-2020, 09:27 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(10-20-2020, 07:59 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I understand the timing coming at the bye week, but it still doesn't make sense. On a 3 game winning streak with a QB who's played decent and you switch? Just a bit odd.

Yeah, I make the change once the team is eliminated from postseason, not like the switch is going to help put butts in seats or anything. Tua will have some growing pains, and I have a feeling they'll drop a game or two along the way that Fitzmagic might have pulled off.

Fitzy is a class dude, though, and will do everything to support the kid.

Let's see just how savvy Dave is - call Miami, let's do a swap of backups, Fitzy for Glennon, straight up.

Tua is made of glass I think they'll wanna keep Fitzy around for the foreseeable future.