Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Doug open to benching Gardner this season

Did Marrone need to say something since his Wash comments weren't going away? If your roof has holes in it, why fix the dripping faucet?

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

he just wants to ruin another qb with high potiontal. only thing doug is good at is turning players into losers with loseing attedtuides. Minshew doesn't even have the enegry anymore he had last year.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

This same guy said he wouldn’t fire Todd Wash.

The best possible result for Minshew is for Marrone and Wash to be fired. Gruden would take over and know that he has to have a good showing to keep the job. I think this is the only reason Gruden signed in Jacksonville.

He was asked about benching Minshew, said he hadn't even considered it during the game, and said "maybe in the future". It's a non answer coach speak, imo. Every guy on every team is able to be benched "in the future" if they perform poorly. Unless Luton is really impressing behind the scenes with very limited practice reps, I don't see it happening.

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2020, 09:34 AM by Flagler Jagsfan.)

Doug is open to adding salami to his bologna hoagie. As long as he is the one eating the hoagie, his bologna is safe.

Ian Rapoport is reporting that multiple sources say that Gardner is in danger of being benched. And could even be benched as early as today in the Chargers game:

https://www.nfl.com/news/the-end-of-mins...o-struggle

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2020, 10:42 AM by wrong_box.)

Thats really not what marrone said...To paraphrase ( cuz Im too lazy to look it up) when asked about a qb change at first he said no...Then he was asked about if minshew still not playing well late in the season, he basically said well yes it's possible. He basically eluded to the old adage "anything is possible" some people seemed to get the idea that means a qb change is imminent.

(10-25-2020, 10:40 AM)wrong_box Wrote: Thats really not what marrone said...To paraphrase ( cuz Im too lazy to look it up) when asked about a qb change at first he said no...Then he was asked about if minshew still not playing well late in the season, he basically said well yes it's possible. He basically eluded to the old adage "anything is possible" some people seemed to get the idea that means a qb change is imminent.

Except firing Wash of course Laughing
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(10-21-2020, 08:51 AM)PS9 Wrote: This same guy said he wouldn’t fire Todd Wash.

The best possible result for Minshew is for Marrone and Wash to be fired. Gruden would take over and know that he has to have a good showing to keep the job. I think this is the only reason Gruden signed in Jacksonville.

I pray that soon .... it's the bologna guy and wash that get's benched.
They're losers.
Just watch the improvement when those two are gone.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Thankfully Marrone has a whole roster and Assistant coaches to throw under the bus to take the blame for his incompetence.

Wash is untouchable, Minshew needs to be better.

And we wonder why anyone with talent wants out.

(10-25-2020, 12:10 PM)Mowerguy Wrote:
(10-21-2020, 08:51 AM)PS9 Wrote: This same guy said he wouldn’t fire Todd Wash.

I pray that soon .... it's the bologna guy and wash that get's benched.
They're losers.

Yup.

(10-25-2020, 04:46 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(10-25-2020, 12:10 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: I pray that soon .... it's the bologna guy and wash that get's benched.
They're losers.

Yup.

The improvement won't start until Caldwell is gone.  We need talent.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(10-25-2020, 05:22 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(10-25-2020, 04:46 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Yup.

The improvement won't start until Caldwell is gone.  We need talent.

We definitely get talent. We don't hit on every pick, but no on does. But you can't deny that this team has seen talent get squandered by incompetent coaching.

I'm ambivalent about Caldwell. There isn't a GM in the league who can make consistently good picks. I think he does a pretty good job getting talent on the roster. The breakdown occurs in the coaching ranks.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2020, 07:50 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

Yeah, because our O-line has been so good under Caldwell and he said before the draft he really like our O-line. Not to mention his QB's, HC's, etc.

We are so fortunate to have Caldwell.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(10-25-2020, 07:50 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Yeah, because our O-line has been so good under Caldwell and he said before the draft he really like our O-line. Not to mention his QB's, HC's, etc.

As opposed to saying what? Trashing the players?

(10-25-2020, 08:06 PM)Minshew Mania Wrote:
(10-25-2020, 07:50 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Yeah, because our O-line has been so good under Caldwell and he said before the draft he really like our O-line. Not to mention his QB's, HC's, etc.

As opposed to saying what? Trashing the players?

[Image: giphy.gif]

Yeah because if you don't say "I really like our O-line" the only other thing he can say is they are bad right? and it's not that he said that, it is that he really believed that.

Look you can save me the context stuff when the broadcast brings it up. I dont like our Head Coach, the Defensive Coordinator or the GM. Honestly the owner leaves a lot to be happy about as well.

They blew it with this roster and everything has the hallmarks of they all knew that this isn't their last year. I really hope that things will improve at some point.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2020, 08:15 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(10-25-2020, 08:12 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Look you can save me the context stuff when the broadcast brings it up.  I dont like our Head Coach, the Defensive Coordinator or the GM. Honestly the owner leaves a lot to be happy about as well.

They blew it with this roster and everything has the hallmarks of they all knew that this isn't their last year. I really hope that things will improve at some point.

Disagree... can't see any owner agreeing to those terms.  DC and Morrone may hope that and try to sell it to Khan that way.  But they are ALL gone at the end of the season.  The 2021 off-season is too important to have lame duck leadership.  You'll see my friend...    Big Grin
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

Bench Minshew WOW