Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Worst player on defense?

This is hard but I have narrowed my choices down to two. These guys are big and get plenty of snaps but somehow remain invisible on game day. These guys get plenty of snaps but never seem to make a play. Opposing defense's gash us with the run and there is no pass rush when these guys are playing.  My choices  were tough between Abry Jones and Taven Bryan.

Because he was picked in the first round, I'm going with Taven Bryan!
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Taven Bryan and Josh Jones.

Taven Bryan can't hold a candle to Tyson Allalau... and we all thought Tyson was a bust. Man do we have a legacy of just a guys
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Jones is the worst coverage player in a bad secondary. Wouldn't start on any other team

I saw thread title and instantly assumed this thread was about Taven lol. Waste of space, terrible in run and pass. Maybe try him at FB or something. Water boy?

(10-22-2020, 12:03 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: Taven Bryan can't hold a candle to Tyson Allalau...  and we all thought Tyson was a bust. Man do we have a legacy of just a guys

Considering the circumstances of when those two were picked

One got picked in the Top 10 after a season where we couldn’t get to the QB to save our lives

The other got picked in the Top 30 after we were 2nd in the league in sacks

(10-21-2020, 11:26 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Taven Bryan and Josh Jones.

This. We have a lot of bad players on defense, but these two are terrible.

(10-22-2020, 12:53 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: I saw thread title and instantly assumed this thread was about Taven lol. Waste of space, terrible in run and pass. Maybe try him at FB or something. Water boy?

i really thought people would change their mind about him after those awesome coverage skills against the Titans...
In Dougie I Trust!

(This post was last modified: 11-30-2020, 09:14 AM by NH3.)

Taven and it even isn't close. I've come to this conclusion when I watch him standing straight up at the goal line facing the end zone while the running back dives over the top and literally lands on his head. And YES he had that stupid @$$ look on his face.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2020, 07:37 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Kind of like attempting to pick out the worst looking chick on the 1st episode of The Biggest Loser.

(10-22-2020, 07:37 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Kind of like attempting to pick out the worst looking chick on the 1st episode of The Biggest Loser.

Hoooooooooooolyyyyyy LOLLLLL

++++++1

(10-22-2020, 12:03 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: Taven Bryan can't hold a candle to Tyson Allalau...  and we all thought Tyson was a bust. Man do we have a legacy of just a guys

Tyson was definitely a bust because of where he was drafted.  But if he were a 3rd or 4th rounder, you would have been happy with him.  Taven just flat out sucks... even if he was a 5th rounder.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

Gotsis

I think PFF has Chaisson, Herndon and Taven graded in the 40s, for whatever that's worth.

But Davon Hamilton is in the 30s.

Taven stinks but Jones stinks and commits a plethora of penalties to top it off.

I think Wilson is awful.

(10-22-2020, 01:39 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I think Wilson is awful.

Yes, so that means he's somewhere in the middle among Jags defensive players. Did you see the backup play last Sunday?

What's sad is I can't name one player on defense that I believe is playing above average. Allen, Jack, and Schobert have stood out as they have been "adequate", not good. Henderson looked awesome in game 1 and then regressed.

(10-22-2020, 02:40 PM)ATLjag Wrote: What's sad is I can't name one player on defense that I believe is playing above average.  Allen, Jack, and Schobert have stood out as they have been "adequate", not good.  Henderson looked awesome in game 1 and then regressed.

You didn't think Jack looked above average before the injury?

(10-22-2020, 01:39 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I think Wilson is awful.

Wilson is far from awful.  His only thing is he doesn't create game changing players or turnovers.  He isnt a liability out there and he doesn't make many mistakes or give up many big plays