Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Worst player on defense?

(10-22-2020, 02:40 PM)ATLjag Wrote: What's sad is I can't name one player on defense that I believe is playing above average.  Allen, Jack, and Schobert have stood out as they have been "adequate", not good.  Henderson looked awesome in game 1 and then regressed.

Myles Jack was balling out before getting banged up. Henderson is a rookie... he gets a bit of a pass. Although he was actually pretty good vs the Lions outside of like on big catch given up to Golladay.

Scho is playing pretty good too. I don't have much bad to say about the LBers. The safety play is awful top to bottom inside and out, and the DL is shades of 2012 Jaguars.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We have Young talent on this defense that just needs to be developed. What we don't have is enough talent on the D-Line. The other guys are having to do too much to compensate. It grinds them down and exposes them to injury. Draft the big guys......draft the big guys...
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(10-22-2020, 11:32 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Gotsis

Nah.  I think he’s done alright. Many to choose from but Not quite him.

(10-22-2020, 01:39 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I think Wilson is awful.

Bad take. Hes probably been our second best defensive player this year.

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2020, 08:29 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-23-2020, 03:16 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(10-22-2020, 01:39 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I think Wilson is awful.

Bad take. Hes probably been our second best defensive player this year.

Yeah, our defense is much worse when he's not out there.

Wilson is awful? I wonder if you even watch the games to have such a terrible take. Taven is the worst.

(10-22-2020, 06:52 PM)Jag149 Wrote: We have Young talent on this defense that just needs to be developed. What we don't have is enough talent on the D-Line. The other guys are having to do too much to compensate. It grinds them down and exposes them to injury. Draft the big guys......draft the big guys...

We're heard this before.

Bottom line
1) Good players leave or we get rid of them 
2) They players that suck stay because this is usually their last resort.

(10-22-2020, 06:52 PM)Jag149 Wrote: We have Young talent on this defense that just needs to be developed

Welp, we're [BLEEP].
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-22-2020, 06:52 PM)Jag149 Wrote: We have Young talent on this defense that just needs to be developed.

This should be the motto for this team.  It is like a broken record every year.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(10-22-2020, 06:52 PM)Jag149 Wrote: We have Young talent on this defense that just needs to be developed. What we don't have is enough talent on the D-Line. The other guys are having to do too much to compensate. It grinds them down and exposes them to injury. Draft the big guys......draft the big guys...

Who's gonna develop  them?

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2020, 08:23 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

"We have young talent on this defense that just needs to be developed" means...

"Well, Caldwell picked the guys my magazine said he should pick, so they must have POTENTIAL".

And potential means "well these guys are not very good right now, but they could be.  One day."  Which means...

WE SUCK.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(10-23-2020, 08:22 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:

"We have young talent on this defense that just needs to be developed" means...

"Well, Caldwell picked the guys my magazine said he should pick, so they must have POTENTIAL".

And potential means "well these guys are not very good right now, but they could be.  One day."  Which means...

WE SUCK.
Yep your mostly correct. They will eventually figure it out by themselves just in time to sign a sweet contract with another team...Wink
A new broom always sweeps clean.

You guys ever 2017 Jaguars? Good nuff for me as long as they come all in once a decade.

He doesn’t start anymore, and for good reason. Dewey Wingard is one of the worst “NFL” players I have ever watched.

(10-24-2020, 08:21 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: He doesn’t start anymore, and for good reason. Dewey Wingard is one of the worst “NFL” players I have ever watched.

He does stink. I call him the Gabbert of Defense.

Not the worst but he might have the worst grade. And for 10 mil a year by far the worst contract on D so far

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/joe-schobert/10733

(11-06-2020, 12:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Not the worst but he might have the worst grade.  And for 10 mil a year by far the worst contract on D so far

Typical Caldwell signing.

(11-06-2020, 12:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Not the worst but he might have the worst grade.  And for 10 mil a year by far the worst contract on D so far

Its constant decisions like this that kill a franchise.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

Wingard is nowhere near our worst when you consider he actually has a 'game-changing' play and is not a starter. He's a decent backup.

Taven is hands down the worst... Abry is in the conversation for sure.

Seems weird that Jack went from mediocre to looking pro bowl level once moved from MLB and Schobert went from respectable to garbage once he became MLB here.

Maybe Wash is asking for too much from the position?