Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who should get hired IF Doug/Dave are fired?

Robert Salah and Martin Mayhew. Would be my choices.

Robert Salah was here before, working under Bradley, is from the Pete Carroll tree and has done an outstanding job as the niners DC since taking the job. 

Martin Mayhew has had much experience as a FO/GM in Detroit when they drafted Megatron, Stafford, Suh as well Tate and Quin in FA to name a few. He was there for over 14 years last seven as the GM. Then went to giants in 2016 where he was assigned to working on the CBA and all aspects of the salary CAP before going the niners.

I am sure Mayhew wants another shot at running a team, coming back to Florida and Salah is groomed and ready to take on a HC position.
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-22-2020, 11:53 AM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote: Robert Salah and Martin Mayhew. Would be my choices.

Robert Salah was here before, working under Bradley, is from the Pete Carroll tree and has done an outstanding job as the niners DC since taking the job. 

Martin Mayhew has had much experience as a FO/GM in Detroit when they drafted Megatron, Stafford, Suh as well Tate and Quin in FA to name a few. He was there for over 14 years last seven as the GM. Then went to giants in 2016 where he was assigned to working on the CBA and all aspects of the salary CAP before going the niners.

I am sure Mayhew wants another shot at running a team, coming back to Florida and Salah is groomed and ready to take on a HC position.
This would be worst case scenario for me.

(10-22-2020, 11:53 AM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote: Robert Salah and Martin Mayhew. Would be my choices.

I'm not a fan of this either.  Are we going to have another 5 years of the Seattle defensive scheme?  lol
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(10-22-2020, 11:07 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: HC:Bieniemy or Daboll
GM: Dorsey or probably someone from the Ravens or Chiefs

Agree about the Ravens and the Chiefs
Anyone who has been high up in either organization's scouting, drafting, and acquisition process should have insights to offer that you won't get anywhere else.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Megatron at #2
Stafford at #1
Suh at #3

and because the Lions were so good under Mayhew? Confused
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(10-22-2020, 12:07 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:

Megatron at #2
Stafford at #1
Suh at #3

and because the Lions were so good under Mayhew? Confused

I agree.  I want a young guy with fresh ideas that has been around a couple different teams that has had success.  Someone who can build a culture as a GM and align with the head coach.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

GM:
Ed Dodds (clots asst. GM)
Borgonzi (Chiefs Head of Football Ops)
Louis Riddck (former player, multiple front office jobs within Skins' and Eagles organizations, current analyst who has had some really good takes on players and front office situations over the years)

HC:
Bieniemy (Chiefs OC)
Daboll (Bills OC)
Matt Campbell (Iowa State HC)

These are the guys I've had my eyes on.
Another note, once upon a time when Riddick was being considered for the GM job in San Fran, it was rumored he wanted to bring in either Kyle Shanahan or Josh McDaniels if hired. So there's that nugget.

(10-22-2020, 09:31 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: There are so few good Head Coaches in the NFL. People conflate football knowledge and ability as a coordinator with HC qualification. It doesn't. The fact of the matter is not many people can effectively wear all the hats that are required of a HC. The ones who can, and especially the ones who can simultaneously hold down the GM job, are in rarified air. Finding the right one is almost a crap shoot. Plus you have to take into account the chemistry with ownership and draft luck. Vrabel was a good find for Tennessee. Reid couldn't get it done in Philly, but the gods blessed him with Mahomes in KC. Belichick stumbled out of Cleveland but was bestowed with Tom Terrific and Robert Kraft in NE. Tomlin does pretty good in Pittsburgh but I think his style holds him back. 

Marrone topped out at coordinator. I think a better HC could have leveraged Minshew to more success and team consistency.

However, perhaps all is not lost with the Jaguars on HC prospects.

I think Reid did fine in Philly.  The man has only had 3 losing seasons as a head coach ever.

(10-22-2020, 09:31 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: There are so few good Head Coaches in the NFL. People conflate football knowledge and ability as a coordinator with HC qualification. It doesn't. The fact of the matter is not many people can effectively wear all the hats that are required of a HC. The ones who can, and especially the ones who can simultaneously hold down the GM job, are in rarified air. Finding the right one is almost a crap shoot. Plus you have to take into account the chemistry with ownership and draft luck. Vrabel was a good find for Tennessee. Reid couldn't get it done in Philly, but the gods blessed him with Mahomes in KC. Belichick stumbled out of Cleveland but was bestowed with Tom Terrific and Robert Kraft in NE. Tomlin does pretty good in Pittsburgh but I think his style holds him back. 

Marrone topped out at coordinator. I think a better HC could have leveraged Minshew to more success and team consistency.

However, perhaps all is not lost with the Jaguars on HC prospects.

I get the sentiment behind the job being "sneaky good". Generally uninvolved owner, longest leashes in the NFL, lots of draft picks, cleared cap, young nucleus of stars to build around (Chark, Allen, Henderson)

Plus we've been mostly bad for so long, if some guy comes in and turns it around he'll be viewed as a Saban-esque savior to the franchise. Fans will wanna build statues of the next HC that makes us a perennial playoff team, something we haven't been since the late 90s.

why bother we all no Khan isn't fireing anyone ever. He loves loseing.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(10-22-2020, 11:29 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: IMO Leftwich isn't ready and probably won't be for the next few years.

Dude turned Tom Brady into a pretty good player down in Tampa.  Did you see Brady's progress from week 1 until now?  Without Leftwich, Brady is Jameis v2.0

I just want the pain to stop.
If/when someones fired....it will be Caldwell giving the bologna man and his sidekick the boot.
Then Shad will can DC.

and let's pray that this doesn't bring in tony time.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

To say Leftwich was lazy is downright untrue. He wasn't very good and by all accounts the guy was a film and gym rat.

I do think it's too early to make him a head coach.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-22-2020, 08:41 AM)Mikey Wrote: I am super afraid that our next GM is the equivalent of replacing Shack with Gene.

Yeah, totally this. Firing incompetent guys is great, but that's the easy part. "Out of the frying pan, into the fire" is an expression for a reason.

(10-22-2020, 10:03 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: I still get the feeling Dave Caldwell is safe... Nit saying that’s what I want to happen but it’s just the feeling that I get.

If Dave is retained then it will probably be Greg Roman or Josh McDaniels.

I think Mike Smith is the name here. I read that Dave liked him over Bradley back in the day. I get the impression that although they were roommies Roman was kind of a big brother type to him and probably doesn't want that vibe in a subordinate. 

Also, Roman is really good with mobile QBs like Jackson and Kaepernick, but I don't think he's a good fit for Minshew or Fields (whom we'd most likely get in the draft). The guy from North Dakota is mobile, though.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(10-22-2020, 01:14 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(10-22-2020, 11:29 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: IMO Leftwich isn't ready and probably won't be for the next few years.

Dude turned Tom Brady into a pretty good player down in Tampa.  Did you see Brady's progress from week 1 until now?  Without Leftwich, Brady is Jameis v2.0

Laughing

GM: John Dorsey
Coach: Joe Brady

Josh Boyer is a guy I really like if we get a defensive coach. Was under BB for about 12 years and has turned the Miami defense into a top 5 D. Would be great for CJ and Sidney Jones as well

(10-22-2020, 05:16 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-22-2020, 01:14 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Dude turned Tom Brady into a pretty good player down in Tampa.  Did you see Brady's progress from week 1 until now?  Without Leftwich, Brady is Jameis v2.0

Laughing

Ok so Leftwich turned Tom Brady into a pretty good player? What was he before? From where I sit he helped a great QB in a transition from one team to another. Maybe he saved Tom time by getting his coffee for him and helping the guy study the new system. Both of which would not have really been needed if the normal off season was executed. Or are you saying he took a great QB and made him into a good QB?
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(10-22-2020, 01:14 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

What do you think he has done to Toms back up?  Sunshine