Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who should get hired IF Doug/Dave are fired?

I’ll do it. I can’t be much worse. And even if I am, y’all will watch for 5 plus years and I’d be set financially. We all win.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-22-2020, 06:39 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(10-22-2020, 05:16 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:  Laughing

Ok so Leftwich turned Tom Brady into a pretty good player? What was he before? From where I sit he helped a great QB in a transition from one team to another. Maybe he saved Tom time by getting his coffee for him and helping the guy study the new system. Both of which would not have really been needed if the normal off season was executed. Or are you saying he took a great QB and made him into a good QB?

(10-22-2020, 07:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-22-2020, 01:14 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Dude turned Tom Brady into a pretty good player down in Tampa.  Did you see Brady's progress from week 1 until now?  Without Leftwich, Brady is Jameis v2.0
What do you think he has done to Toms back up?  Sunshine

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FMBuRPVs.gif&f=1&nofb=1]

(10-22-2020, 08:35 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-22-2020, 06:39 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Ok so Leftwich turned Tom Brady into a pretty good player? What was he before? From where I sit he helped a great QB in a transition from one team to another. Maybe he saved Tom time by getting his coffee for him and helping the guy study the new system. Both of which would not have really been needed if the normal off season was executed. Or are you saying he took a great QB and made him into a good QB?

(10-22-2020, 07:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: What do you think he has done to Toms back up?  Sunshine

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FMBuRPVs.gif&f=1&nofb=1]

Naw, Byron and Tom has turned sunshine into the best backup in the league.  If Tom goes down Gabbert will lead Tampa to a championship

(10-22-2020, 12:07 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(10-22-2020, 11:53 AM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote: Robert Salah and Martin Mayhew. Would be my choices.

Robert Salah was here before, working under Bradley, is from the Pete Carroll tree and has done an outstanding job as the niners DC since taking the job. 

Martin Mayhew has had much experience as a FO/GM in Detroit when they drafted Megatron, Stafford, Suh as well Tate and Quin in FA to name a few. He was there for over 14 years last seven as the GM. Then went to giants in 2016 where he was assigned to working on the CBA and all aspects of the salary CAP before going the niners.

I am sure Mayhew wants another shot at running a team, coming back to Florida and Salah is groomed and ready to take on a HC position.

Megatron at #2
Stafford at #1
Suh at #3

and because the Lions were so good under Mayhew? Confused

Actually he went to the playoffs twice in that span as the lions GM. In that division. Same span for the Jags 0 playoffs appearances. They also went to the playoffs the year he went to the giants as well, his roster. 

Maybe there are better choices, but these guys have experience. One waiting for his second chance at running a team. The other is an up and coming coordinator with success.
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2020, 11:56 AM by iHaunting Raven.)

(10-22-2020, 10:25 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote:
(10-22-2020, 12:07 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Megatron at #2
Stafford at #1
Suh at #3

and because the Lions were so good under Mayhew? Confused

Actually he went to the playoffs twice in that span as the lions GM. In that division. Same span for the Jags 0 playoffs appearances. They also went to the playoffs the year he went to the giants as well, his roster. 

Maybe there are better choices, but these guys have experience. One waiting for his second chance at running a team. The other is an up and coming coordinator with success.

His best picks outside of Suh and Stafford (Millen was the GM in 2007 then they fired him week 4, Millen the one who drafted Megatron... not that he should get a lot of credit anyway) are:

Cliff Avril
Riley Reiff
Ziggy Ansah 2013
Darius Slay 2013
Larry Warford 2013
Eric Ebron
Quandre Diggs

From 2008 to 2015... he had a very good draft in 2013, outside of that  Confused. They also lost in the wild card both times they made it to the playoffs, and honestly, I am more impressed by the coaching since their roster was mediocre at best.

I really doubt anyone gives Mayhew another chance.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(10-23-2020, 11:55 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(10-22-2020, 10:25 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote: Actually he went to the playoffs twice in that span as the lions GM. In that division. Same span for the Jags 0 playoffs appearances. They also went to the playoffs the year he went to the giants as well, his roster. 

His best picks outside of Suh and Stafford (Millen was the GM in 2007 then they fired him week 4, Millen the one who drafted Megatron... not that he should get a lot of credit anyway) are:

Cliff Avril
Riley Reiff
Ziggy Ansah 2013
Darius Slay 2013
Larry Warford 2013
Eric Ebron
Quandre Diggs

From 2008 to 2015... he had a very good draft in 2013, outside of that  Confused. They also lost in the wild card both times they made it to the playoffs, and honestly, I am more impressed by the coaching since their roster was mediocre at best.

I really doubt anyone gives Mayhew another chance.

I call all that more experience than some of the names flying around here in this thread, including what we have had in the FO for the last 20 years. He has been in the shoes of many FO positions and knows the game. 

IMO we don't need another first time GM that knows little to nothing in leadership, management, hiring, and running a team. I would like someone that has done it before and is ready for a second opportunity.
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

(10-22-2020, 05:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: GM: John Dorsey
Coach: Joe Brady

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sure you wanted Daboll hahaha
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Bringing up old threads all over the place. Trolling

(12-05-2021, 10:28 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:

You don't even know why he was fired. Also you have no idea if he would make a good HC.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2021, 12:23 PM by iHaunting Raven. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-05-2021, 11:33 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(12-05-2021, 10:28 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Laughing Laughing Laughing

You don't even know why he was fired. Also you have no idea if he would make a good HC.

Do you even know why I posted that? but you are right, a guy with 1 year and a half (because he just got fired) of NFL experience as OC might be a great NFL HC...