Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Week in the AFC South-Week 7

Last week, the Kaguars thorughly embarrassed themselves, losing at home in a blowout to Detroit.  Admittedly I haven't done a scientific survey, but I don't know of any Jaguars fans that can look at the remaining schedule and see a win, outside of the law of averages/any given Sunday kicking in.  Worse yet, the baloon that was Minshew Mania has developed an air leak, if it hasn't been totally popped.  Once again, Jaguars nation is starting to look forward to the draft before November-even with an additional playoff spot per conference.  To quote John Cusack from "High Fidelity"..."When will it stop?!?"  Elsewhere, the tacks strengthened their growing stranglehold on the division by beating the 1-5 Texans in an overtime shootout.  Jaguars fans watching that game or at least the highlights took another small sigh of relief at the knowledge the Jaguars are not the only team Derrick Henry abuses.  One trouble spot for the tacks is the season ending injury to LT Taylor Lewan.  Finally, the Colts narrowly avoided a huge embarrassment by rallying to beat the Bengals.  All of these results ended in the rare for me unbeaten week, putting me at 14-5 for the season.  But I can not afford a down week.  Hopefully I won't experience a letdown this week.

On to this week's picks...

Steelers (5-0) at Tennessee (5-0)-in this week's marquee matchup, former AFC Central rivals face off as the Steelers travel to Trashville to take on the tacks.  While they have a capable backup in Kelly, he's a step down from Lewan.  Having to make a change on the offensive line could be problematic against a team that blitzes as much and as varied as the Steelers.  I expect if they can help it, the tacks will try to pound the ball at the Steelers.  I don't buy Alualu as a legit NT for a second.  Though both teams are equally detestable in my eyes, I guess my rooting interest is in the Steelers in this one for three reasons:  First, the tacks have already outlived their usefulness to me by Beating Buffahole; 2)  The Steelers have yet to play the Bills this year, and they can potentially bury the Bills from having home field advantage by beating them, and' 3) Because screw the tacks!  Steelers win 28-24.

Green Bay (4-1) at Houston (1-5)-The Texans have played better since firing Bill O'Brien a couple of weeks ago, but face a Packers team smarting by the blowout thumping they received at the hands of the Bucs last week, giving them their first loss.  Watson is an excellent QB, but I think the Packers still have too much firepower for these Texans.  Packers win 31-24.

Jaguars (1-5) at Chargers (1-4)-The Jaguars historically have sucked mightily on the West Coast (Shaddap tacks, Texans and Colts fans).  This week, the Jaguars find themselves goint to L.A. for the first time in team history as they face the Chargers one of their most prolific West Coast tormentors.  While the Chargers also enter the game with only one win, they have been far better at this football thing than the Jaguars this year.  Rookie QB Justin Herbert has not looked much like a rookie at all.  He currently has a gaudy 107 passer rating, a 9-3 TD-INT ratio and a 69% completion percentage.  With solid TE play and big WRs, the Bolts seem like a matchup problem for the Jaguars defense.  The Jaguars' D, at least in theory, gets a boost with the return of DE Josh Allen, but without the help of current Ravens Yannick Ngakoue and Calais Campbell, Allen has not been anywhere near as effective as he was his rookie year.  While the Jaguars' offense prvided early surprises, the last four games it has been riddled with inconsistency.  Minshew has been hanging passes and has been missing open receivers.  The team has managed to get away from UDFA surprise James Robinson despite playing soft run defenses in Houston and Detroit.  The offensive line exceeded expectations, but hasn't seemed to run block particularly well these past few weeks.  On top of that, they are facing a chargers' defense ranked 6th against the run.  The strange thing is that statistically, the Chargers are only marginally better rushing the passer than the Jaguars this year, registering only 7 QB sacks so far.  One interesting note:  Jaguars kicker Josh Lambo returns from injury to face his former team.  I don't think he will matter too much though.  Chargers win 28-13.

Colts are off.

Last week:  3-0
Overall:  14-5

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

13-6 overall.

Gonna go with Squealers over tacks.
Packers over tinhorns
Chargers over jags (it never gets easier picking against my team every week. Sigh)

Titans
Packers
Chargers

3-0 last week
13-6 overall
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

13-6 overall.  

Packers

Chrgers

tittians

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

12-7 on the season. let's see if we can't keep the wins comin:

thumbtacks 24 Stillers 21 - Ben has come back from injury in a big way, but the tacks are playing fantastic football and appear to be poised for a deep postseason run. Losing Lewan hurts, but the D gets a score and pulls off the win.

Packers 38 tinhorns 11 - Rodgers is gonna come out firing after last week's stinker. The tinhorns just end up catching them at the wrong time.

Bolts 37 Jags 19 - New stop along the west coast, same result for the Jags. The defensive woes continue, and the skill players are starting to openly question Minshew's play. Yet another week giving up over 30 points, and Jags fans are left wondering if anything happens during their bye week.

3-0 last week
12-7 overall

Steelers over Titans - That front 7 scares the hell out of me with Lewan being out, and we can't seem to get any pressure on QBs.
Packers over Texans - Can anyone believe the Texans could be 1-6 after this week?!?
Chargers over Jaguars - I think you guys have another win or two in you, but not this week.
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

I'll go Steerlers, Packers, and Chargers.

The Steelers game looks like a strong matchup, but I can't help but think about how the Jaguars, a horrible team, was able to hang with them. I'm thinking the titans are just benefitting from facing a lot of lower half of the league QBs so far. I think the Steelers probably hand them their first loss by something like 27-20.

The Packers game is interesting since they just got exposed in a major way last week, and the texans aren't as bad as their record. Still, the texans aren't the bucs, so I'm guessing the Pack can get back on track something like 35-24.

The Jaguars are a great team to face when you need to get well. I expect another blow-out and a career day from the Chargers rookie. Something like 45-27 with half of the 27 coming in garbage time.

3-0 last week, 12-7 so far.

*My picks for this week*

Steelers ---- Just think they are a better team than the Tacks, however, playing "wait and see" if they can bottle up Henry and get pressure on Tannehill.

Packers ------- They are a much better team than the Tin Horns.

Chargers -------- The Jag's futility continues.....

Last week:   3-0
Overall    :  12-7

When Shad Khan looks into the mirror at night he has to be thinking "I don't know what I am doing and I attract people of the same ilk".
"So you're saying there's a chance!".   - Lloyd Christmas

Steelers
Packers
Chargers

11-8

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Titans
Packers
Chargers

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

tacks
Packers
Chargers

10-9 on the season.

Titans
Jaguars
Packers

(10-25-2020, 11:31 AM)Psychop1 Wrote: 10-9 on the season.

Titans
Jaguars
Packers

Is the ‘rona fever clouding your judgement?

Overall- 9-10

Chargers
Tacks
Packers

(10-25-2020, 11:37 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-25-2020, 11:31 AM)Psychop1 Wrote: 10-9 on the season.

Titans
Jaguars
Packers

Is the ‘rona fever clouding your judgement?

LOL.  I was kind of thinking the same thing.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Nothing better than watching the tacks getting an [BLEEP] kicking. Hoping for a Steelers shutout.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Tannehill got hammered. That fumble recovery was pure luck.

(10-23-2020, 10:29 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Last week, the Kaguars thorughly embarrassed themselves, losing at home in a blowout to Detroit.  Admittedly I haven't done a scientific survey, but I don't know of any Jaguars fans that can look at the remaining schedule and see a win, outside of the law of averages/any given Sunday kicking in.  Worse yet, the baloon that was Minshew Mania has developed an air leak, if it hasn't been totally popped.  Once again, Jaguars nation is starting to look forward to the draft before November-even with an additional playoff spot per conference.  To quote John Cusack from "High Fidelity"..."When will it stop?!?"  Elsewhere, the tacks strengthened their growing stranglehold on the division by beating the 1-5 Texans in an overtime shootout.  Jaguars fans watching that game or at least the highlights took another small sigh of relief at the knowledge the Jaguars are not the only team Derrick Henry abuses.  One trouble spot for the tacks is the season ending injury to LT Taylor Lewan.  Finally, the Colts narrowly avoided a huge embarrassment by rallying to beat the Bengals.  All of these results ended in the rare for me unbeaten week, putting me at 14-5 for the season.  But I can not afford a down week.  Hopefully I won't experience a letdown this week.

Steelers (5-0) at Tennessee (5-0)-in this week's marquee matchup, former AFC Central rivals face off as the Steelers travel to Trashville to take on the tacks.  While they have a capable backup in Kelly, he's a step down from Lewan.  Having to make a change on the offensive line could be problematic against a team that blitzes as much and as varied as the Steelers.  I expect if they can help it, the tacks will try to pound the ball at the Steelers.  I don't buy Alualu as a legit NT for a second.  Though both teams are equally detestable in my eyes, I guess my rooting interest is in the Steelers in this one for three reasons:  First, the tacks have already outlived their usefulness to me by Beating Buffahole; 2)  The Steelers have yet to play the Bills this year, and they can potentially bury the Bills from having home field advantage by beating them, and' 3) Because screw the tacks!  Steelers win 28-24.

Green Bay (4-1) at Houston (1-5)-The Texans have played better since firing Bill O'Brien a couple of weeks ago, but face a Packers team smarting by the blowout thumping they received at the hands of the Bucs last week, giving them their first loss.  Watson is an excellent QB, but I think the Packers still have too much firepower for these Texans.  Packers win 31-24.

Jaguars (1-5) at Chargers (1-4)-The Jaguars historically have sucked mightily on the West Coast (Shaddap tacks, Texans and Colts fans).  This week, the Jaguars find themselves goint to L.A. for the first time in team history as they face the Chargers one of their most prolific West Coast tormentors.  While the Chargers also enter the game with only one win, they have been far better at this football thing than the Jaguars this year.  Rookie QB Justin Herbert has not looked much like a rookie at all.  He currently has a gaudy 107 passer rating, a 9-3 TD-INT ratio and a 69% completion percentage.  With solid TE play and big WRs, the Bolts seem like a matchup problem for the Jaguars defense.  The Jaguars' D, at least in theory, gets a boost with the return of DE Josh Allen, but without the help of current Ravens Yannick Ngakoue and Calais Campbell, Allen has not been anywhere near as effective as he was his rookie year.  While the Jaguars' offense prvided early surprises, the last four games it has been riddled with inconsistency.  Minshew has been hanging passes and has been missing open receivers.  The team has managed to get away from UDFA surprise James Robinson despite playing soft run defenses in Houston and Detroit.  The offensive line exceeded expectations, but hasn't seemed to run block particularly well these past few weeks.  On top of that, they are facing a chargers' defense ranked 6th against the run.  The strange thing is that statistically, the Chargers are only marginally better rushing the passer than the Jaguars this year, registering only 7 QB sacks so far.  One interesting note:  Jaguars kicker Josh Lambo returns from injury to face his former team.  I don't think he will matter too much though.  Chargers win 28-13.

Colts are off.

This week:  3-0
Overall:  17-5

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(10-25-2020, 07:53 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-23-2020, 10:29 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Last week, the Kaguars thorughly embarrassed themselves, losing at home in a blowout to Detroit.  Admittedly I haven't done a scientific survey, but I don't know of any Jaguars fans that can look at the remaining schedule and see a win, outside of the law of averages/any given Sunday kicking in.  Worse yet, the baloon that was Minshew Mania has developed an air leak, if it hasn't been totally popped.  Once again, Jaguars nation is starting to look forward to the draft before November-even with an additional playoff spot per conference.  To quote John Cusack from "High Fidelity"..."When will it stop?!?"  Elsewhere, the tacks strengthened their growing stranglehold on the division by beating the 1-5 Texans in an overtime shootout.  Jaguars fans watching that game or at least the highlights took another small sigh of relief at the knowledge the Jaguars are not the only team Derrick Henry abuses.  One trouble spot for the tacks is the season ending injury to LT Taylor Lewan.  Finally, the Colts narrowly avoided a huge embarrassment by rallying to beat the Bengals.  All of these results ended in the rare for me unbeaten week, putting me at 14-5 for the season.  But I can not afford a down week.  Hopefully I won't experience a letdown this week.

Colts are off.

This week:  3-0
Overall:  17-5

Big Ben almost blew it, but the titans showed they still don't have an elite QB, either. Still for teams that aren't strong stopping the run the titans will be troublesome.

(10-23-2020, 04:42 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: 13-6 overall.  

Packers

Chrgers

tittians

2-1 this week move to  15-7 overall. 

bullseye good call on steelers game you missed score by 1 point. it was 27 to 24 not 28-24. anyways god call.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them.