Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Time to tear it down

Six straight losses allowing 30+ (NFL Record)

5 of those 6 were to winless or 1 win teams. Tennessee was technically 1 win at the time but that doesn't count.

Even in games like today where we make some plays, we still lose by two scores. 

Going into the bye week, it has to be the time to make a change. 

Sadly I have no confidence anything will change, and fully expect to have the exact same staff next year as well. Prove me wrong Khan.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Bad teams will find ways to lose. This is getting embarrassing....even for our standards.

We can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory better than any other team
A good loser is a good loser

I am actually REALLY optimistic it all gets blown up the day after the season. It would just be too unbelievable that it could be anything else.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

The NFL should relagatee this team to the NCAA level, it is that bad!

Really tough to tell who is worse out of the Jags and Fulham.

(10-25-2020, 07:50 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Six straight losses allowing 30+ (NFL Record)

5 of those 6 were to winless or 1 win teams. Tennessee was technically 1 win at the time but that doesn't count.

Sadly I have no confidence anything will change, and fully expect to have the exact same staff next year as well. Prove me wrong Khan.

They already tore it down last year and continued it this off season.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(10-25-2020, 08:09 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-25-2020, 07:50 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Six straight losses allowing 30+ (NFL Record)

I meant front office wise

So I missed the game picked up another shift at work guessing it was another barn burner I’ve even lost interest in Minshew at this point. Probably not alone
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(10-25-2020, 08:13 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(10-25-2020, 08:09 PM)Bullseye Wrote: They already tore it down last year and continued it this off season.

I meant front office wise

Got it.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(10-25-2020, 08:14 PM)EricC85 Wrote: So I missed the game picked up another shift at work guessing it was another barn burner I’ve even lost interest in Minshew at this point. Probably not alone

It was better than the last few games but it was a typical jaguar game. It was more watchable but definitely not a hey it is moving in the right direction game. 

It is going to suck when they keep the band together for 2021.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(10-25-2020, 08:17 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(10-25-2020, 08:14 PM)EricC85 Wrote: So I missed the game picked up another shift at work guessing it was another barn burner I’ve even lost interest in Minshew at this point. Probably not alone

It was better than the last few games but it was a typical jaguar game. It was more watchable but definitely not a hey it is moving in the right direction game. 

It is going to suck when they keep the band together for 2021.

Ain't happening...
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

Honeatly when haven't we been tearing it down. It is painful
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2020, 08:27 PM by snowwolf776.)

(10-25-2020, 07:56 PM)no 1 jag fan in Columbus Wrote: The NFL should relagatee this team to the NCAA level,  it is that bad!

you make them to good. they need to go lower then that. like infant football ,and they would still lose.  the infants would crush the jags.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Well Tankathon has us up to #3 after today. Both the Jets and Giants had real good shots at winning. this week.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

I know we all want to tank, but there’s no way Doug makes it past Black Monday.

(10-25-2020, 08:09 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

Exactly. This team was bad last year and getting rid of Calais, Yan, Dareus and Bouye in one off season was going to help. I ask what are these rookies learning? Is there one player you can point at and say they are better at that thing than they were week 1. 

I always think of the Parcells grocery shopping analogy. The GM gives you the ingredients, the HC makes it dinner. Caldwell has had some hits and plenty of misses but I just dont see any progression by the players. That's on Marrone.

We sad thing is we need stability. 3 different starting QBs in 3 years, 3 OC's, it's hard to build a system and style and add to that. And yet Wash is untouchable...

You can't put the loss om Minshew, he played his heart out, just the O-line sucks...... The defense has a few bright spots but in the end...........
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2020, 08:44 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(10-25-2020, 08:41 PM)The Drifter Wrote:

You can't put the loss om Minshew, he played his heart out, just the O-line sucks...... The defense has a few bright spots but in the end...........

Minshew sucks.  We play a West Coast offense, he has to get the ball out quicker. Half the pressures were on him.  Its too simple to say all the pressures were on the O-line.  They were bad today, but Minshew made it worse.  He lost the game as much as anyone.

(10-25-2020, 08:38 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(10-25-2020, 08:09 PM)Bullseye Wrote: They already tore it down last year and continued it this off season.

Exactly. This team was bad last year and getting rid of Calais, Yan, Dareus and Bouye in one off season was going to help. I ask what are these rookies learning? Is there one player you can point at and say they are better at that thing than they were week 1. 

I always think of the Parcells grocery shopping analogy. The GM gives you the ingredients, the HC makes it dinner. Caldwell has had some hits and plenty of misses but I just dont see any progression by the players. That's on Marrone.

We sad thing is we need stability. 3 different starting QBs in 3 years, 3 OC's, it's hard to build a system and style and add to that. And yet Wash is untouchable...

Name the "hits" on this team.

(10-25-2020, 08:41 PM)The Drifter Wrote:

He can play his heart out all he wants, but it doesn't change the fact that he's going to be a career backup in this league.

His progression is pretty bad. He misses a lot of wide open receivers.