Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Time to tear it down

(10-25-2020, 08:43 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(10-25-2020, 08:41 PM)The Drifter Wrote: You can't put the loss om Minshew, he played his heart out, just the O-line sucks...... The defense has a few bright spots but in the end...........

Minshew sucks.  We play a West Coast offense, he has to get the ball out quicker. Half the pressures were on him.  Its too simple to say all the pressures were on the O-line.  They were bad today, but Minshew made it worse.  He lost the game as much as anyone.

(10-25-2020, 08:38 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Exactly. This team was bad last year and getting rid of Calais, Yan, Dareus and Bouye in one off season was going to help. I ask what are these rookies learning? Is there one player you can point at and say they are better at that thing than they were week 1. 

I always think of the Parcells grocery shopping analogy. The GM gives you the ingredients, the HC makes it dinner. Caldwell has had some hits and plenty of misses but I just dont see any progression by the players. That's on Marrone.

We sad thing is we need stability. 3 different starting QBs in 3 years, 3 OC's, it's hard to build a system and style and add to that. And yet Wash is untouchable...

Name the "hits" on this team.

Telvin looked a good pick for a 5th rounder, Yan wasnt bad for a 3rd. I'm not defending Caldwell, he needs to go too but we have had some good players here. We just cant keep them.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-25-2020, 08:49 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(10-25-2020, 08:43 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: Minshew sucks.  We play a West Coast offense, he has to get the ball out quicker. Half the pressures were on him.  Its too simple to say all the pressures were on the O-line.  They were bad today, but Minshew made it worse.  He lost the game as much as anyone.

Telvin looked a good pick for a 5th rounder, Yan wasnt bad for a 3rd. I'm not defending Caldwell, he needs to go too but we have had some good players here. We just cant keep them.

His first round picks... the round where you get most of your hits... have been pretty terrible. He gets some hits in later rounds, but not enough to really pat him on the back and give him a pass.

(10-25-2020, 08:51 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:
(10-25-2020, 08:49 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Telvin looked a good pick for a 5th rounder, Yan wasnt bad for a 3rd. I'm not defending Caldwell, he needs to go too but we have had some good players here. We just cant keep them.

His first round picks... the round where you get most of your hits... have been pretty terrible. He gets some hits in later rounds, but not enough to really pat him on the back and give him a pass.

100%. No complaint here. His best pick was Ramsey that fell into his lap. I wouldnt let him in the war room until the 5th round

(10-25-2020, 08:53 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(10-25-2020, 08:51 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: His first round picks... the round where you get most of your hits... have been pretty terrible. He gets some hits in later rounds, but not enough to really pat him on the back and give him a pass.

100%. No complaint here. His best pick was Ramsey that fell into his lap. I wouldnt let him in the war room until the 5th round

Literally fell into his lap. And it was the only first round pick he even hit on.

Holding opinions on the last two first round picks until we really see what they can do.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2020, 09:04 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(10-25-2020, 08:49 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(10-25-2020, 08:43 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: Minshew sucks.  We play a West Coast offense, he has to get the ball out quicker. Half the pressures were on him.  Its too simple to say all the pressures were on the O-line.  They were bad today, but Minshew made it worse.  He lost the game as much as anyone.

I'm saying on this team.   Right now.  He couldn't keep those other guys here so it doesn't matter.

You can say Jack, but he was a 1st round talent that dropped to us in the 2nd due to concerns of a knee injury.  That wasn't great talent evaluation, that was just luck and taking a flyer that the injury was not as bad as some thought.  Anyone else?
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(10-25-2020, 09:02 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(10-25-2020, 08:49 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Telvin looked a good pick for a 5th rounder, Yan wasnt bad for a 3rd. I'm not defending Caldwell, he needs to go too but we have had some good players here. We just cant keep them.

I'm saying on this team.   Right now.  He couldn't keep those other guys here so it doesn't matter.

You can say Jack, but he was a 1st round talent that dropped to us in the 2nd due to concerns of a knee injury.  That wasn't great talent evaluation, that was just luck and taking a flyer that the injury was not as bad as some thought.  Anyone else?
Linder was a hit

(10-25-2020, 09:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-25-2020, 09:02 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: I'm saying on this team.   Right now.  He couldn't keep those other guys here so it doesn't matter.

Linder was a hit

I will give you that one.  That's 2.  Anyone else?  In all the previous years of drafting, we have two guys that were solid picks still with us.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

It’s almost to the point where the NFL should step in and fire all these clowns. The two 4th down plays today told me the entire story... those were straight up tank plays. Say what you want, but they are tanking. 100%!

(10-25-2020, 09:07 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: It’s almost to the point where the NFL should step in and fire all these clowns. The two 4th down plays today told me the entire story... those were straight up tank plays. Say what you want, but they are tanking. 100%!

We are just that bad dude.  We don't have to "tank".

(10-25-2020, 09:08 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(10-25-2020, 09:07 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: It’s almost to the point where the NFL should step in and fire all these clowns. The two 4th down plays today told me the entire story... those were straight up tank plays. Say what you want, but they are tanking. 100%!

We are just that bad dude.  We don't have to "tank".

A 4th and 1 stretch play and a 4th down option run play for Minshew in your own territory up by 4 were tank plays dude. Yes, we are very bad, but those plays... idk... just no way to defend them.

NFL said nothing that last game of the season when the Colt defenders flopped on the ground allowing Fred to score so they could Draft Luck.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(10-25-2020, 09:16 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(10-25-2020, 09:08 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: We are just that bad dude.  We don't have to "tank".

A 4th and 1 stretch play and a 4th down option run play for Minshew in your own territory up by 4 were tank plays dude. Yes, we are very bad, but those plays... idk... just no way to defend them.

So you're saying the coaching staff has been guaranteed they will be back next season if they intentionally try to lose games this year?  Interesting philosophy, dude.

They are getting fired.  They are trying to win.  We are just that bad.

(10-25-2020, 09:36 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(10-25-2020, 09:16 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:  A 4th and 1 stretch play and a 4th down option run play for Minshew in your own territory up by 4 were tank plays dude. Yes, we are very bad, but those plays... idk... just no way to defend them.

So you're saying the coaching staff has been guaranteed they will be back next season if they intentionally try to lose games this year?  Interesting philosophy, dude.

I don't think Marrone even cares about winning at this point. He knows he's gone at the end of the season and seems to not give a [BLEEP] anymore.

(10-25-2020, 09:36 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(10-25-2020, 09:16 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:  A 4th and 1 stretch play and a 4th down option run play for Minshew in your own territory up by 4 were tank plays dude. Yes, we are very bad, but those plays... idk... just no way to defend them.

I think it's actually possible they return. I would of fired Marrone after the AFCCG when Marrone BLUNDERED IT. Caldwell should of been LONG gone his only hits in his tenure is Jack and Linder. I count a hit as a draft pick that is RESIGNED after rookie deal and plays a high level. I think it is possible Khan is just happy with the revenue, WHY haven't these guys been fired yet? It's PATHETIC and FRUSTRATING!

minshew didn't change the gamme today. westbrook did. game is tied jags about to get ball,and westbrook runs out of endzone instead of kneeling,and he fumbles the ball. that gave chargers the mountum back.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

The roster is already torn down. 

As for the front office, their hopes reside with a 6th round QB playing to a franchise level, who is currently regressing by the week. 

Nothing will make this season not painful at this point, but change will come.

There's more talent on this team than it appears, but Caldwell has not done well enough.

Clean sweep, and draft a QB.

Who is going to hire the new GM? The owner who has stuck with the same crap the last 2 years and setting up to release the same statement a 3rd year in a row? He doesn't have a football person to talk to now that TC is gone. Do you trust him making a decision on who the next GM will be?

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

(10-25-2020, 10:32 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Who is going to hire the new GM? The owner who has stuck with the same crap the last 2 years and setting up to release the same statement a 3rd year in a row? He doesn't have a football person to talk to now that TC is gone. Do you trust him making a decision on who the next GM will be?

I would imagine the business savvy side of him would consult with someone to aid him in that decision. 

He hired Caldwell, don't remember how that went down though.

(10-25-2020, 10:36 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(10-25-2020, 10:32 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Who is going to hire the new GM? The owner who has stuck with the same crap the last 2 years and setting up to release the same statement a 3rd year in a row? He doesn't have a football person to talk to now that TC is gone. Do you trust him making a decision on who the next GM will be?

I would imagine the business savvy side of him would consult with someone to aid him in that decision. 

He hired Caldwell, don't remember how that went down though.

He will (along with his son) likely consult with a few people and then sit and decide for himself. Also, I am sure TC would give his opinion, why not? I hope he gathers all the opinions he can then think about it.
A new broom always sweeps clean.