Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Time to tear it down

Khan will outsource the decisions to a consulting group. He'll let the GM pick the coach, the coach picks his assistant coaches.

That is - assuming Khan will actually clean house at the end of the season.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Lol, you guys still dont get it.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-25-2020, 10:53 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: Khan will outsource the decisions to a consulting group. He'll let the GM pick the coach, the coach picks his assistant coaches.

Which is what I'm afraid of. If he actually fires them, which I don't think he will, I think he will outsource it. The firm will recommend some retreads since they don't want to give someone a recommendation if they haven't done the job before.

This really is the last chance for the Jags. Season ticket holders are not renewing for this crap after getting a forced out this season. If this next hire is screwed up, the Jags won't have much value for the lease and new stadium. This could be the death of the Jags.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Caldwell should be removed first.. Let Marrone coach out the season until you find a GM replacement

(10-25-2020, 11:00 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(10-25-2020, 10:53 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: Khan will outsource the decisions to a consulting group.  He'll let the GM pick the coach, the coach picks his assistant coaches.  

Which is what I'm afraid of. If he actually fires them, which I don't think he will, I think he will outsource it. The firm will recommend some retreads since they don't want to give someone a recommendation if they haven't done the job before.

This really is the last chance for the Jags. Season ticket  holders are not renewing for this crap after getting a forced out this season. If this next hire is screwed up, the Jags won't have much value for the lease and new stadium. This could be the death of the Jags.

Bruh.. The Jaguars are worth 2.4 billion..We have the 5th richest owner in the NFL.  It’s not about money. C’mon with the death of the Jags. It’s about putting someone in charge who is competent to find talent and coach talent. It’s as simple as that..

(10-25-2020, 07:50 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Six straight losses allowing 30+ (NFL Record)

5 of those 6 were to winless or 1 win teams. Tennessee was technically 1 win at the time but that doesn't count.

Even in games like today where we make some plays, we still lose by two scores. 

Going into the bye week, it has to be the time to make a change. 

Sadly I have no confidence anything will change, and fully expect to have the exact same staff next year as well. Prove me wrong Khan.

No changes now. Keep losing and secure the high draft pick. Tear it all down after the season.

(10-25-2020, 10:53 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: Khan will outsource the decisions to a consulting group.  He'll let the GM pick the coach, the coach picks his assistant coaches.  

This really is the last chance for the Jags. Season ticket  holders are not renewing for this crap after getting a forced out this season. If this next hire is screwed up, the Jags won't have much value for the lease and new stadium. This could be the death of the Jags.

I hear your frustration, but your take is pretty dramatic.  The GM hire is the most important and should happen first.  Get a good one.  Either a young and innovative, up-and-comer or one with prior GM experience... I don't care.  We just need a good one.  I have my favorites I'd like to see.  Then let the GM hire his own head coach.  There has to be a real synergy between GM and head coach.  Caldwell has never had that with either Gus or Doug, as evidenced by his serial picks that been poor scheme choices (e.g. Chaisson is the most recent).

2021 is perhaps the most important off-season for front office decisions we have had.  Could it be the death of the Jags?  Not a chance.  Any NFL team will have huge value for resale.  Shad Khan bought the team for $770 million in 2012 and it is now worth $2.45 BILLION according to Forbes.  Plus, I guarantee some billionaire would overpay on that assessment just to own an NFL franchise.  And guys on this board think Khan won't fire anyone because he is penny-pinching on a few million dollar salaries for DC and Morrone?  Please... its happening at the end of the season.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(10-25-2020, 11:25 PM)iam Wrote:
(10-25-2020, 11:00 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Which is what I'm afraid of. If he actually fires them, which I don't think he will, I think he will outsource it. The firm will recommend some retreads since they don't want to give someone a recommendation if they haven't done the job before.

Bruh.. The Jaguars are worth 2.4 billion..We have the 5th richest owner in the NFL.  It’s not about money. C’mon with the death of the Jags. It’s about putting someone in charge who is competent to find talent and coach talent. It’s as simple as that..
(10-25-2020, 11:29 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(10-25-2020, 11:00 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Which is what I'm afraid of. If he actually fires them, which I don't think he will, I think he will outsource it. The firm will recommend some retreads since they don't want to give someone a recommendation if they haven't done the job before.

I hear your frustration, but your take is pretty dramatic.  The GM hire is the most important and should happen first.  Get a good one.  Either a young and innovative, up-and-comer or one with prior GM experience... I don't care.  We just need a good one.  I have my favorites I'd like to see.  Then let the GM hire his own head coach.  There has to be a real synergy between GM and head coach.  Caldwell has never had that with either Gus or Doug, as evidenced by his serial picks that been poor scheme choices (e.g. Chaisson is the most recent).

2021 is perhaps the most important off-season for front office decisions we have had.  Could it be the death of the Jags?  Not a chance.  Any NFL team will have huge value for resale.  Shad Khan bought the team for $770 million in 2012 and it is now worth $2.45 BILLION according to Forbes.  Plus, I guarantee some billionaire would overpay on that assessment just to own an NFL franchise.  And guys on this board think Khan won't fire anyone because he is penny-pinching on a few million dollar salaries for DC and Morrone?  Please... its happening at the end of the season.
The Jags won't die, they just won't be in Jacksonville if the next hire is another failure. Will the city pay for a new stadium when no one is showing up? Khan won't make money when no one buys tickets. 1 winning season in a decade cannot continue.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

(10-25-2020, 11:36 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(10-25-2020, 11:25 PM)iam Wrote: Bruh.. The Jaguars are worth 2.4 billion..We have the 5th richest owner in the NFL.  It’s not about money. C’mon with the death of the Jags. It’s about putting someone in charge who is competent to find talent and coach talent. It’s as simple as that..
(10-25-2020, 11:29 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: I hear your frustration, but your take is pretty dramatic.  The GM hire is the most important and should happen first.  Get a good one.  Either a young and innovative, up-and-comer or one with prior GM experience... I don't care.  We just need a good one.  I have my favorites I'd like to see.  Then let the GM hire his own head coach.  There has to be a real synergy between GM and head coach.  Caldwell has never had that with either Gus or Doug, as evidenced by his serial picks that been poor scheme choices (e.g. Chaisson is the most recent).

The Jags won't die, they just won't be in Jacksonville if the next hire is another failure. Will the city pay for a new stadium when no one is showing up? Khan won't make money when no one buys tickets. 1 winning season in a decade cannot continue.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

In fairness it would probably put an end to a lot of misery that has plagued this team’s fans for many years. 

Being a fan of a losing team is part of being a sports fan. Ups and downs is all part of the process...good years...bad years...

This organization is the worst run organization I know of in professional sports. Even the worst teams kept TRYING to win. 

Never did I ever thunk it, back in 1993 we would be turned into a organization run for the sole purpose of the NFL advertising money share for the owner. I hope at some point in the near future they cut Con’s share for putting out a [BLEEP] product.

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2020, 12:33 AM by MoJagFan.)

My MVP Cook had a good punting day. Lots of opportunity for him, too bad they took the ball out if his hands and went for it on fourth down. The guy is your MVP and you have to put the ball on his hands.

He loses points for that kick off out of bounds.

(10-26-2020, 12:29 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: My MVP Cook had a good punting day. Lots of opportunity for him, too bad they took the ball out if his hands and went for it on fourth down. The guy is your MVP and you have to put the ball in his hands.

(10-26-2020, 12:29 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: My MVP Cook had a good punting day. Lots of opportunity for him, too bad they took the ball out if his hands and went for it on fourth down. The guy is your MVP and you have to put the ball in his hands.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

We are literally the youngest team in the league. You want to blow up the youngest team in the league and get younger????
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(10-26-2020, 01:33 AM)Dimson Wrote: We are literally the youngest team in the league. You  want to blow up the youngest team in the league and get younger????
I saw that graphic we are just a few months younger than the chargers.
"Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2020, 07:46 AM by rpr52121.)

Haven't a number of teams used consulting groups? I don't think they all ended up with rethreads.

Also while people look down on "retread hires", it doesn't mean you are doomed. They still often get to and win Super Bowls.

(10-26-2020, 06:28 AM)AlsJagsFan Wrote:
(10-26-2020, 01:33 AM)Dimson Wrote: We are literally the youngest team in the league. You  want to blow up the youngest team in the league and get younger????
I saw that graphic we are just a few months younger than the chargers.

Being young doesn't make you bad. Being bad makes you bad. Drafting players with no coaching synergy makes you bad. Your long failing DC runs a defense without the players to match the system, how do you let that happen?
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Just think.... the bumpers on your car are made by the people Khan hires.

Drive safe.

(10-26-2020, 07:50 AM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(10-26-2020, 06:28 AM)AlsJagsFan Wrote: I saw that graphic we are just a few months younger than the chargers.

Being young doesn't make you bad. Being bad makes you bad. Drafting players with no coaching synergy makes you bad. Your long failing DC runs a defense without the players to match the system, how do you let that happen?
Oh, I don't agree that we need a leadership change. Especially coaching and most likely GM. But we do not nerf to blow up the entire roster.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

The scouting department needs to be redone from top to bottom.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

(10-26-2020, 08:22 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(10-26-2020, 07:50 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: Being young doesn't make you bad. Being bad makes you bad. Drafting players with no coaching synergy makes you bad. Your long failing DC runs a defense without the players to match the system, how do you let that happen?
Oh, I don't agree that we need a leadership change. Especially coaching and most likely GM. But we do not nerf to blow up the entire roster.
Not the entire roster but the Jags need a new QB, LT, RG, more pass rushers, 2 safeties, and an actual TE.

However, getting the QB is clearly priority #1.

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2020, 09:24 AM by jaglyn.)

+1

And when you say “new”, it means a mix of experienced and healthy vets, and younger guys, with rookies sprinkled in as depth

NOT rookies drafted in 2021 for those positions who you are counting on to play like All-Pros in their first year

40% chance Kahn does nothing. I thought for sure drastic changes would be made at the end of last season. Didn't happen. Why should anything change?