Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
James Robinson is the best player on this team!

Robinson had a career high of 119 yards rushing with a receiving TD and a Rush TD. Both TD were work of brilliance.  He also flat out ran over and through people today.  I love this guy!   He averaged almost 5.5 yards a carry every time he touched the ball.   He has already shattered yards gained for an undrafted rookie and the arrow is pointing way up.  In my eyes he is the mvp of this team.  I also like that he is no nonsense get it done!

The Jags need to keep feeding this guy the ball.  Too often Jay Gruden gets away from him.  Guy is a beast!

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Give it some time, he'll get tired of losing then demand a trade next season

Robinson may be the best offensive player.
Jack is the best defensive player.
Lambo, when healthy, is a top 5 K.

Three players do not a team make. 2017 seems a lifetime ago....

James is terrific. If this team weren't so bad maybe there would be more talk about him getting some buzz for OROY.

(10-25-2020, 09:42 PM)mal234 Wrote: James is terrific. If this team weren't so bad maybe there would be more talk about him getting some buzz for OROY.

Unfortunately there are couple of good first round QBs out there right now. He is definitely deserving of consideration.

(10-25-2020, 09:42 PM)mal234 Wrote: James is terrific. If this team weren't so bad maybe there would be more talk about him getting some buzz for OROY.

Quite the damning statement about Caldwell that the best player on our team is an undrafted free agent.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(10-26-2020, 10:49 AM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:

Quite the damning statement about Caldwell that the best player on our team is an undrafted free agent.

And according to Dilla's story Caldwell had nothing to do with signing Jrob.

(10-26-2020, 11:07 AM)Upper Wrote:
(10-26-2020, 10:49 AM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: Quite the damning statement about Caldwell that the best player on our team is an undrafted free agent.

What a surprise! the guy didn't even want to draft him
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(10-26-2020, 11:07 AM)Upper Wrote:
(10-26-2020, 10:49 AM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: Quite the damning statement about Caldwell that the best player on our team is an undrafted free agent.

Who else would? Seems his scouting report would have something to do with it.

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2020, 11:30 AM by Upper.)

(10-26-2020, 11:20 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(10-26-2020, 11:07 AM)Upper Wrote: And according to Dilla's story Caldwell had nothing to do with signing Jrob.

Who else would? Seems his scouting report would have something to do with it.

The story is that the RB coach was calling every player on their RB list and getting denied and his wife randomly suggested calling JRob and that's how we got him.

To be fair he said the coach didn't call JRob because they had a draftable grade on him and he assumed he had already been picked up by a team, but that just raises other concerning questions.

Point being, we got really lucky to have JRob and Dave gets none of the credit. If anything the RB coaches wife is the best GM we've had in more than a decade.

I like JR. Big Boy RB

I’d rank James Robinson slightly ahead of Miles Jack only due to Jack’s recent slight performance decline due to health issues. Both are studs.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Both of those touchdowns were great awareness and body control.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2020, 09:10 AM by rufftime.)

(10-26-2020, 11:30 AM)Upper Wrote:
(10-26-2020, 11:20 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Who else would? Seems his scouting report would have something to do with it.

The story is that the RB coach was calling every player on their RB list and getting denied and his wife randomly suggested calling JRob and that's how we got him.

To be fair he said the coach didn't call JRob because they had a draftable grade on him and he assumed he had already been picked up by a team, but that just raises other concerning questions.

Point being, we got really lucky to have JRob and Dave gets none of the credit. If anything the RB coaches wife is the best GM we've had in more than a decade.

First let me preface this with: At this point I want DC fired after this year.

-This story sounds like utter [BLEEP]. If the RB coach is on record, Ok then I guess.
-They had a draftable grade on him meaning Dave/ his scouts liked him at least a little. According to this stupid story at least.
-Dave would have had a huge hand in recognizing the talent after Robinson arrived in camp and ultimately deciding to cut his highly drafted predecessor. If nothing else can we recognize that decision took some balls. He knew he was going to get panned for that move and still pulled the trigger. I called the decision completely stupid at the time.

It is OK to give credit to Caldwell for his good moves and acknowledge he has made too many poor moves to be retained.

(10-26-2020, 11:30 AM)Upper Wrote:
(10-26-2020, 11:20 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Who else would? Seems his scouting report would have something to do with it.

That is quite a story. Not sure I believe it though.

(10-30-2020, 09:09 AM)rufftime Wrote:
(10-26-2020, 11:30 AM)Upper Wrote: The story is that the RB coach was calling every player on their RB list and getting denied and his wife randomly suggested calling JRob and that's how we got him.

First let me preface this with: At this point I want DC fired after this year.

-This story sounds like utter [BLEEP].  If the RB coach is on record, Ok then I guess.
-They had a draftable grade on him meaning Dave/ his scouts liked him at least a little.  According to this stupid story at least.
-Dave would have had a huge hand in recognizing the talent after Robinson arrived in camp and ultimately deciding to cut his highly drafted predecessor.  If nothing else can we recognize that decision took some balls.  He knew he was going to get panned for that move and still pulled the trigger.  I called the decision completely stupid at the time.  

It is OK to give credit to Caldwell for his good moves and acknowledge he has made too many poor moves to be retained.

utter [BLEEP] indeed
if they had a draftable grade on him, he'd be the first one called up when dialing up udfa's. No one assumes someone was drafted or signed as an udfa.

And on this board it is absolutely not okay to give Caldwell (or anyone in the organization) credit for good moves unless you want to be labeled an apologist or homer or Caldwell's wife lol
There is no middle ground in this world anymore. It's one extreme or another.

Pretty sure we all want to move on at this point. Although, not sure what some of these people will do with all their hate once Caldwell is gone. Suppose there will be more "Khan needs to sell the team" threads to replace all the "fire Caldwell" threads.

(10-30-2020, 09:29 AM)Kane Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 09:09 AM)rufftime Wrote: First let me preface this with: At this point I want DC fired after this year.

-This story sounds like utter [BLEEP].  If the RB coach is on record, Ok then I guess.
-They had a draftable grade on him meaning Dave/ his scouts liked him at least a little.  According to this stupid story at least.
-Dave would have had a huge hand in recognizing the talent after Robinson arrived in camp and ultimately deciding to cut his highly drafted predecessor.  If nothing else can we recognize that decision took some balls.  He knew he was going to get panned for that move and still pulled the trigger.  I called the decision completely stupid at the time.  

utter [BLEEP] indeed
if they had a draftable grade on him, he'd be the first one called up when dialing up udfa's. No one assumes someone was drafted or signed as an udfa.

And on this board it is absolutely not okay to give Caldwell (or anyone in the organization) credit for good moves unless you want to be labeled an apologist or homer or Caldwell's wife lol

Pretty sure we all want to move on at this point. Although, not sure what some of these people will do with all their hate once Caldwell is gone. Suppose there will be more "Khan needs to sell the team" threads to replace all the "fire Caldwell" threads.
or...

The team starts winning and there is no reason for complaint.  The Jags are a bottom of the toilet team.  This fan base has every right to complain with how bad the product has been. Caldwell is one of the main reasons why this team is in the shape that it is in. Every thread against Caldwell and this team is justified. This team was probably the worst in the last decade.  Outside of 2017 there was been no reason to cheer. Khan purchased this team and made it worse.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(10-30-2020, 09:29 AM)Kane Wrote: utter [BLEEP] indeed

So.... you're whining about the whiners?

[Image: 200.webp]
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(10-30-2020, 09:29 AM)Kane Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 09:09 AM)rufftime Wrote: First let me preface this with: At this point I want DC fired after this year.

utter [BLEEP] indeed

I'm pretty positive I remember hearing Robinson say that the Jags called him during the draft and that he was surprised when he went undrafted because of it.

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2020, 08:54 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(10-30-2020, 08:17 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 09:29 AM)Kane Wrote: utter [BLEEP] indeed

I'm pretty positive I remember hearing Robinson say that the Jags called him during the draft and that he was surprised when he went undrafted because of it.

I recall that as well.  I will give credit to Caldwell for getting him in the building, because the whole League was off on their evaluation of him.  But that doesn't change the fact he's been horrendous overall the last 8 years here and will be fired at season's end.