Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
James Robinson is the best player on this team!

Another strong outing, 150+ yards and a TD

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Our UFA RB has better vision and instincts than the guy our current GM drafted 4th overall over Mahomes and Watson who isn't even on the team anymore.

Think about that...

(11-29-2020, 05:39 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Our UFA RB has better vision and instincts than the guy our current GM drafted 4th overall over Mahomes and Watson who isn't even on the team anymore.

Think about that...

Pretty Sure our current GM did not draft 4net that one came from a higher place.

(11-29-2020, 05:39 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Our UFA RB has better vision and instincts than the guy our current GM drafted 4th overall over Mahomes and Watson who isn't even on the team anymore.

Think about that...

Jesus Christ dude let the crap go please.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(11-29-2020, 05:42 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:

Think about that...

Jesus Christ dude let the crap go please.

Dont get mad at me. I didn't pick the guy. Jesus Christ isn't going to help either.

(11-28-2020, 09:43 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(11-28-2020, 09:26 PM)JaguarWC Wrote: I'll say Josh Allen is the best.  Love me some Robinson though.

Josh Allen hasn't even been the best player on Defense this season.

Interesting.  PFF would say it is between Jack and Allen.  When you are doubled 80-90% of the snaps then you don't look really good in the stat book.  If that is what you mean by, best player, then yeah.  If you watch the games you clearly are seeing he gets pressure despite that.

(11-29-2020, 09:52 PM)JaguarWC Wrote:
(11-28-2020, 09:43 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Josh Allen hasn't even been the best player on Defense this season.

Interesting.  PFF would say it is between Jack and Allen.  When you are doubled 80-90% of the snaps then you don't look really good in the stat book.  If that is what you mean by, best player, then yeah.  If you watch the games you clearly are seeing he gets pressure despite that.

I watch this clown show every week. Allen has not been that good this season and he isn't being double team'd that much. He isn't Aaron Donald.

Has he been the best guy on this DL? Absolutely, but that isn't saying much. Jack has been far and away the best player on Defense this season.

This accounts for all rookie RBs coming into today (Gibson's big day on Thursday is included).. I'd say, not too bad at all for being undrafted Cool 

And of course he only added to these numbers today.

He'll never win it because loljags, but he has to be in the discussion for Offensive Rookie of The Year. He's currently the #3 leading rusher in the league behind Henry and Cook.

https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...9458914312

Robinson should hopefully end any urge our GM has in the future to draft a RB in the first round forever. We should fire the next GM who even suggests it.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Or drafting a QB in the early 1st round who can't properly throw a football.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Think about that...

Well they are all gone now so you can let it go.

(11-30-2020, 12:08 AM)Eric1 Wrote: This accounts for all rookie RBs coming into today (Gibson's big day on Thursday is included).. I'd say, not too bad at all for being undrafted Cool 

And of course he only added to these numbers today.

He'll never win it because loljags, but he has to be in the discussion for Offensive Rookie of The Year. He's currently the #3 leading rusher in the league behind Henry and Cook.

https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...9458914312

I know damn well Robinson has broken more than 13 tackles. Dude seems to break one every drive.

He's about to break the undrafted rookie record for yards from scrimmage. Herbert may beat him out for ROY, but Robinson is equally deserving.

(11-30-2020, 12:07 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: He's about to break the undrafted rookie record for yards from scrimmage. Herbert may beat him out for ROY, but Robinson is equally deserving.

Burrow would have probably taken it had he not went down with that awful injury.

I think you're right about Herbert. Having a very good year (albeit not getting a lot of wins), plays in the big market...
J Rob gets my vote though, fwiw lol

He is one heck of a player who is a true joy to watch.
It is fun to watch him seemingly get better every single week.
He has been the lone bright spot to the entire season IMHO.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

One thing that completely baffles me about this coaching staff is that Robinson is by far our best player on offense. The guy has fantastic hands as well. Why do we hardly ever run any screen passes to the RB? A lot of other NFL teams use RB screens multiple times a game, very effectively, but I've seen entire Jags' games where we've never even attempted one and when we do, we bring in a different RB to run the play. Wouldn't it make sense to use our best player? That's one of my biggest complaints about the offensive coaching staff and why I want the entire coaching staff on defense and offense gone. Their schemes just don't make sense. Robinson should be used as an all purpose back. Not just as a runner. This kid is multi-faceted.

(12-02-2020, 11:52 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: One thing that completely baffles me about this coaching staff is that Robinson is by far our best player on offense. The guy has fantastic hands as well. Why do we hardly ever run any screen passes to the RB? A lot of other NFL teams use RB screens multiple times a game, very effectively, but I've seen entire Jags' games where we've never even attempted one and when we do, we bring in a different RB to run the play. Wouldn't it make sense to use our best player? That's one of my biggest complaints about the offensive coaching staff and why I want the entire coaching staff on defense and offense gone. Their schemes just don't make sense. Robinson should be used as an all purpose back. Not just as a runner. This kid is multi-faceted.

I wonder if it has to do with our OL. Inability to hold block just long enough and get out to block for the screen?
Or is it not a consistent part of the west coast playbook?

(12-02-2020, 11:52 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: One thing that completely baffles me about this coaching staff is that Robinson is by far our best player on offense. The guy has fantastic hands as well. Why do we hardly ever run any screen passes to the RB? A lot of other NFL teams use RB screens multiple times a game, very effectively, but I've seen entire Jags' games where we've never even attempted one and when we do, we bring in a different RB to run the play. Wouldn't it make sense to use our best player? That's one of my biggest complaints about the offensive coaching staff and why I want the entire coaching staff on defense and offense gone. Their schemes just don't make sense. Robinson should be used as an all purpose back. Not just as a runner. This kid is multi-faceted.

Robinson is 7th in RB receptions with 36. This is in addition to handling over 95% of our team carries.

(12-02-2020, 05:25 PM)Upper Wrote:

Robinson is 7th in RB receptions with 36. This is in addition to handling over 95% of our team carries.

I know. That shows what good hands he has, but hardly any of those receptions are on RB screens. I'm specifically talking about screen passes.

(12-02-2020, 05:44 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-02-2020, 05:25 PM)Upper Wrote: Robinson is 7th in RB receptions with 36. This is in addition to handling over 95% of our team carries.

I know. That shows what good hands he has, but hardly any of those receptions are on RB screens. I'm specifically talking about screen passes.

Wait are you asking for bubble screens? I can’t believe any jag fan would do that after the gabbert years.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.