Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL Trade Deadline 2020

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2020, 03:59 PM by mal234.)

The trade deadline is November 3rd, but I saw a report that we may see some action starting tomorrow. (Due to testing restrictions because of Covid-19 protocols).

Are there any trades any of you guys think should happen/would be interesting? They could be for the Jags or any team.

I wonder if a team may end up trading for Ryan Fitzpatrick. If the Cowboys weren't in such bad shape/didn't have Andy Dalton, I think he could be a good short term option for them. He's a grizzly veteran that could help them win the bad NFC East division. But I think they will roll with Dalton and to a lesser degree Ben DiNucci (because Andy is currently in concussion protocol.) They have a lot of problems though. They are almost as bad off as the Jaguars are. So I'm not sure if Ryan could really help them anymore than Andy can, given the issues they have. I do think that Andy can be a decent QB, and if this team was like it was a few years ago, could really help them compete. But at this point I'm not sure if any available QB can really do much for them.

I also wonder if Washington Football team might try and move Dwayne Haskins. I also saw a report that NFL executives are wondering if the Falcons may try and trade Matt Ryan/Julio Jones.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I actually think we were trying to feature Dede as a kick returner on Sunday to use as trade bait, before that terrible injury.

I saw a report that Carlos Dunlap is unhappy and wants out of Cinncinatti.  I think he's way over priced for a trade.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Q Williams is the only guy i would like to get

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2020, 05:56 PM by mal234.)

(10-26-2020, 05:09 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I saw a report that Carlos Dunlap is unhappy and wants out of Cinncinatti.  I think he's way over priced for a trade.

I saw that too. I also read that once again David Njoku wanted out of Cleveland. I saw a report about him before yesterday's game against the Browns. Granted the Browns are winning, but I have seen multiple reports now that David isn't happy there. 

I also heard that Ryan Kerrigan from the Washington Football team might be on the move. He would be a nice addition for a team that needs a good pass rusher, which are multiple teams. I wonder if he's traded, where he may end up going.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/foo...e-deadline

(10-26-2020, 05:09 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I saw a report that Carlos Dunlap is unhappy and wants out of Cinncinatti.  I think he's way over priced for a trade.

Dunlap is past his prime and would cost too much. For what we'd have to trade, I don't think we'd get an equal return on our investment, especially with Wash coaching him.

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2020, 06:22 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(10-26-2020, 05:55 PM)mal234 Wrote:

I saw that too. I also read that once again David Njoku wanted out of Cleveland. I saw a report about him before yesterday's game against the Browns. Granted the Browns are winning, but I have seen multiple reports now that David isn't happy there. 

I also heard that Ryan Kerrigan from the Washington Football team might be on the move. He would be a nice addition for a team that needs a good pass rusher, which are multiple teams. I wonder if he's traded, where he may end up going.

If we could get Njouku for a 5th or a 6th, it would be a minimal investment for a young player with upside. 

As for Kerrigan, I'm hesitant. All of his sacks this season have come from within the division. Philly has been decimated by injury. Some O-Linemen they are starting are 3rd string. Dallas has been decimated as well. They have lost both starting OT's to injury as well as RG and the Giants have been a disaster at the OT position. Andrew Thomas has given up the most sacks and pressures of any OT in the NFL. It seems as though Kerrigan is only getting pressure against terrible O-Lines.

Jags should be sellers and not buyers. Load up on picks.

(10-26-2020, 06:20 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-26-2020, 05:55 PM)mal234 Wrote: I saw that too. I also read that once again David Njoku wanted out of Cleveland. I saw a report about him before yesterday's game against the Browns. Granted the Browns are winning, but I have seen multiple reports now that David isn't happy there. 

If we could get Njouku for a 5th or a 6th, it would be a minimal investment for a young player with upside. 

As for Kerrigan, I'm hesitant. All of his sacks this season have come from within the division. Philly has been decimated by injury. Some O-Linemen they are starting are 3rd string. Dallas has been decimated as well. They have lost both starting OT's to injury as well as RG and the Giants have been a disaster at the OT position. Andrew Thomas has given up the most sacks and pressures of any OT in the NFL. It seems as though Kerrigan is only getting pressure against terrible O-Lines.

I wouldn't mind having David Njouku on the team. And we really haven't had that much production from the Tight Ends that are already on the team this year. (Though I do like James O'Shaungnessy)

Also, according to Ian Rapoport, Everson Griffen is available for a trade:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1320848944289718272

There's no reason we should trade for anything.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-26-2020, 03:55 PM)mal234 Wrote: The trade deadline is November 3rd, but I saw a report that we may see some action starting tomorrow. (Due to testing restrictions because of Covid-19 protocols).

Are there any trades any of you guys think should happen/would be interesting? They could be for the Jags or any team.

I wonder if a team may end up trading for Ryan Fitzpatrick. If the Cowboys weren't in such bad shape/didn't have Andy Dalton, I think he could be a good short term option for them. He's a grizzly veteran that could help them win the bad NFC East division. But I think they will roll with Dalton and to a lesser degree Ben DiNucci (because Andy is currently in concussion protocol.) They have a lot of problems though. They are almost as bad off as the Jaguars are. So I'm not sure if Ryan could really help them anymore than Andy can, given the issues they have. I do think that Andy can be a decent QB, and if this team was like it was a few years ago, could really help them compete. But at this point I'm not sure if any available QB can really do much for them.

I also wonder if Washington Football team might try and move Dwayne Haskins. I also saw a report that NFL executives are wondering if the Falcons may try and trade Matt Ryan/Julio Jones.

Might not be popular, but Chark to CLE to fill the void left by OBJ, or some other team looking to bolster a receiving corps for their rising QB.
I don't know that MIA would be wise to move Fitzy until they are sure that Tua is up to the abuse a starting QB takes each week.

I don't see us bringing anyone in, unless it's practically giving away a player.

(10-27-2020, 09:12 AM)Mikey Wrote: Might not be popular, but Chark to CLE to fill the void left by OBJ, or some other team looking to bolster a receiving corps for their rising QB.
I don't know that MIA would be wise to move Fitzy until they are sure that Tua is up to the abuse a starting QB takes each week.

I don't see us bringing anyone in, unless it's practically giving away a player.

The ONLY thing I would trade Chark for is a mid/high 1st round draft pick - and even then, I wouldn't favor such move tbh.

Chark is a valuable asset for our team and he should be a priority for us to resign because when we inevitably bring in a new QB, Chark will be a much needed weapon. Plus, he warrants most of the coverage from our WR group so he opens up spaces for the other players.

I've seen too many easy throws that have been missed or WRs running open and not being spotted. Our O-line sucks, but Minshew hasn't done himself any favors either.

(10-26-2020, 07:57 PM)RicoTx Wrote: There's no reason we should trade for anything.

I'd give up a late for Njouku only because he's young and better than anything we'd most likely get with a 3rd day pick.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

There are reports now that the Patriots are interested in trading Stephon Gilmore:

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/statu...1836372995

(10-27-2020, 01:50 PM)mal234 Wrote: There are reports now that the Patriots are interested in trading Stephon Gilmore:

I'd easily give up a first rounder for him and then some. He's one of the top 3 CB's in the NFL, probably #1 overall. He's better than anything we'd find in the draft. I'd feel a lot better about our secondary having Gilmore, Henderson and Sidney Jones as our CB's.

(10-27-2020, 02:00 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 01:50 PM)mal234 Wrote: There are reports now that the Patriots are interested in trading Stephon Gilmore:

I'd easily give up a first rounder for him and then some. He's one of the top 3 CB's in the NFL, probably #1 overall. He's better than anything we'd find in the draft. I'd feel a lot better about our secondary having Gilmore, Henderson and Sidney Jones as our CB's.

I wonder if the Jags would consider trying to male a move for him. Or at least one of the top players available.  I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the best players that are up for trades end up on contending teams. Maybe teams that are looking to plug a couple of important holes that will try and put them over the top.

I think we might mostly see the good teams getting richer and the bad teams getting more picks.

(10-27-2020, 02:00 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Gross. No way I’m giving up a first for a 30 year old.

(10-27-2020, 03:54 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 02:00 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'd easily give up a first rounder for him and then some. He's one of the top 3 CB's in the NFL, probably #1 overall. He's better than anything we'd find in the draft. I'd feel a lot better about our secondary having Gilmore, Henderson and Sidney Jones as our CB's.
Gross. No way I’m giving up a first for a 30 year old.

At 30, he's the best lockdown CB in the NFL.

(10-27-2020, 04:14 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 03:54 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Gross. No way I’m giving up a first for a 30 year old.

At 30, he's the best lockdown CB in the NFL.

He hasn't been as good this year as he was last year

30 years old and this team is not competing this year nor the next one, sure!

Pass.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23