Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The News with Shepard Smith

I've been watching his program on CNBC since last week and it's refreshingly neutral. It's just news. I'm reminded of how the news used to be before the 24-hour cycle turned it all into daytime talk shows and propaganda. It's on from 7:00-8:00.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-26-2020, 07:45 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I've been watching his program on CNBC since last week and it's refreshingly neutral. It's just news. I'm reminded of how the news used to be before the 24-hour cycle turned it all into daytime talk shows and propaganda. It's on from 7:00-8:00.

Surprised the network let's that fly.

I'll check it out. I like Shepard Smith.

(10-26-2020, 07:45 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I've been watching his program on CNBC since last week and it's refreshingly neutral. It's just news. I'm reminded of how the news used to be before the 24-hour cycle turned it all into daytime talk shows and propaganda. It's on from 7:00-8:00.

I actually have it DVRd  and watch it from time to time.  I totally agree that it is refreshingly neutral (kind of like what CNN was 20 years ago).  Shepard actually dedicated a show about the hurricane that was hitting Louisiana and also reported on the California wild fires.  Imagine that !!!  When they do open up with Covid or whatever the top story of the day is, they tend to report from a non-partisan perspective.

The show is actually very similar to what he was doing at Fox. But because that network is such a lightning rod, it drowned out the neutrality of Smith’s program.

It’s never been revealed why he left Fox, but I can imagine that had something to do with it.

Smith was making 15 million dollars a year at FNC and his ratings did not justify the brass begging him to stay. I personally didn't have an issue with him and his "brand" will be the only type standing when journalism dies in a couple years.

(10-27-2020, 08:13 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: The show is actually very similar to what he was doing at Fox. But because that network is such a lightning rod, it drowned out the neutrality of Smith’s program.

It’s never been revealed why he left Fox, but I can imagine that had something to do with it.

Fox wanted him out because he was Fair and Balanced.

(10-27-2020, 12:57 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 08:13 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: The show is actually very similar to what he was doing at Fox. But because that network is such a lightning rod, it drowned out the neutrality of Smith’s program.

Fox wanted him out because he was Fair and Balanced.

He was fair and balanced, but moved to the left a ton. He also got a big head and no one watched him anymore because of how far left he was.

(10-27-2020, 01:38 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 12:57 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Fox wanted him out because he was Fair and Balanced.

He was fair and balanced, but moved to the left a ton. He also got a big head and no one watched him anymore because of how far left he was.

It's called being neutral, which the Fox base cannot tolerate.

Kennedy (Libertarian) is next -- they will get rid of her soon.  She actually stated that she was not voting for either Trump or Biden.

(10-28-2020, 04:57 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 01:38 PM)p_rushing Wrote: He was fair and balanced, but moved to the left a ton. He also got a big head and no one watched him anymore because of how far left he was.

It's called being neutral, which the Fox base cannot tolerate.

Kennedy (Libertarian) is next -- they will get rid of her soon.  She actually stated that she was not voting for either Trump or Biden.
No he was neutral at one point, but he's changed. He also got a big head, so that pushed him further left. His show be came about him and that pushed most viewers away.

His ego has to be taking a hit now. His show is bombing and getting beat by reruns.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

In my opinion Shepard Smith is another Megyn Kelly.  Both were really good journalists until they let their political leanings out.

The problem with FOX News and CNN is that they've gone away from reporting news to opining about the news.  The only cable news outlet that I tune into daily is FOX Business which is also biased, but much of the program(s) are based more on the economy and money.  My favorite hosts are Stuart Varney, Maria Bartiromo and Liz Claman (she's hawt).  I want to hear what investors are talking about and looking at.  Much of it is politics, but normally it goes outside of that.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Does Headline News still exist? I know it was tied to CNN, but it was round the clock, 30-minute news, like ESPN News.

No talking heads, personalities, etc. Just straight up news.

Fair and impartial.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/10/...k-mandate/

(10-29-2020, 10:34 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Fair and impartial.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/10/...k-mandate/

He repeats a #followthefauci meme 2 or 3 times a show. I don’t really see that as political. He’s just urging people to wear a mask and follow other preventive measures.

Been watching various channels today to get different perspectives. Add Bret Baier (Fox News) to my list of favorite news correspondents in this day and age.

I'm so disappointed. I've gotten in the habit of watching this program because it seems pretty neutral. Then they did a segment on the Rebekah Jones story and aired a portion of the video which showed cops entering her home with guns drawn. What MSNBC and ol' Shep failed to mention in their report was the cops were there to serve a warrant because a hack into a state emergency service site was traced to her home. They also conveniently left out the fact that she refused to answer her door for 20 minutes while continually hanging up when contacted on her phone. It was so slanted.

Fake news rears its ugly head again.

(12-08-2020, 09:05 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I'm so disappointed. I've gotten in the habit of watching this program because it seems pretty neutral. Then they did a segment on the Rebekah Jones story and aired a portion of the video which showed cops entering her home with guns drawn. What MSNBC and ol' Shep failed to mention in their report was the cops were there to serve a warrant because a hack into a state emergency service site was traced to her home. They also conveniently left out the fact that she refused to answer her door for 20 minutes while continually hanging up when contacted on her phone. It was so slanted.

So you think that justifies entering a home with guns drawn?

(12-08-2020, 09:54 PM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(12-08-2020, 09:05 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I'm so disappointed. I've gotten in the habit of watching this program because it seems pretty neutral. Then they did a segment on the Rebekah Jones story and aired a portion of the video which showed cops entering her home with guns drawn. What MSNBC and ol' Shep failed to mention in their report was the cops were there to serve a warrant because a hack into a state emergency service site was traced to her home. They also conveniently left out the fact that she refused to answer her door for 20 minutes while continually hanging up when contacted on her phone. It was so slanted.

Yes, they were serving a warrant and the subject refused to cooperate.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-08-2020, 09:54 PM)JaguarKick Wrote:

She refused to open the door or talk on the phone. Was it time for a social worker?

Perhaps you think like this until the cops show up at your door.