Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What is the plan if Lawerence stays in college next season?

I keep hearing, Tank for Trevor but he may not be available.  If I were him and the Jaguars are on the clock, I am staying in school.  What would plan B look like if the Jags do indeed get the #1 pick.  All it takes is for the Jets to win 1 or 2 and we are good to go.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/st...-nfl-draft
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Draft Fields.

(10-28-2020, 08:04 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: Draft Fields.

This. /Thread
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Fields or enjoy a season like this next year

Imagine staying in school to avoid becoming a millionaire playing for Jax. Marrone and Caldwell have really embarrassed themselves.

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2020, 09:28 PM by Flagler Jagsfan.)

(10-28-2020, 08:42 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Imagine staying in school to avoid becoming a millionaire playing for Jax. Marrone and Caldwell have really embarrassed themselves.

I was going to say the same thing.  Khan has brought this franchise to an all-time low by having premier players doing whatever they can to avoid being a part of this debacle. Congrats Mr. Kahn... your lack of action has ruined the franchise

You've created an embarrassment of riches for the franchise and its fans

Draft LT Penei Sewell, who would automatically be the new #1 prospect in the draft. If the Jets take him, trade down and accumulate another first round pick for 2022. Take BAP's to fill needs on the defensive side of the football and LT, if Sewell is gone. Look to add someone like QB Ryan Fitzpatrick or QB Nate Sudfeld in free agency. Make QB a 3 way competition between who ever we sign in free agency, Luton and Minshew for the starting job in 2021. It's not like we're gonna be good anyway, but we at least might be competitive by fixing the defense. Use our first round selection and one we acquired by trading down in 2021 to get a franchise QB in the 2022 draft.

(10-28-2020, 09:50 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Draft LT Penei Sewell, who would automatically be the new #1 prospect in the draft. If the Jets take him, trade down and accumulate another first round pick for 2022. Take BAP's to fill needs on the defensive side of the football and LT, if Sewell is gone. Look to add someone like QB Ryan Fitzpatrick or QB Nate Sudfeld in free agency. Make QB a 3 way competition between who ever we sign in free agency, Luton and Minshew for the starting job in 2021. It's not like we're gonna be good anyway, but we at least might be competitive by fixing the defense. Use our first round selection and one we acquired by trading down in 2021 to get a franchise QB in the 2022 draft.

Caldwell never trades up or down in the first round.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(10-28-2020, 10:49 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(10-28-2020, 09:50 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Draft LT Penei Sewell, who would automatically be the new #1 prospect in the draft. If the Jets take him, trade down and accumulate another first round pick for 2022. Take BAP's to fill needs on the defensive side of the football and LT, if Sewell is gone. Look to add someone like QB Ryan Fitzpatrick or QB Nate Sudfeld in free agency. Make QB a 3 way competition between who ever we sign in free agency, Luton and Minshew for the starting job in 2021. It's not like we're gonna be good anyway, but we at least might be competitive by fixing the defense. Use our first round selection and one we acquired by trading down in 2021 to get a franchise QB in the 2022 draft.

This is part of the reason why Caldwell is so bad.  He should have traded back last year when he was given a chance to trade back to 16 and get a 3rd and 4th rounder in the process.  Could have gotten Cedee Lamb and then picked up a CB in the 2nd round.

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2020, 12:23 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(10-28-2020, 10:49 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:

I'm praying he will be gone!

(10-28-2020, 11:01 PM)navyjagfan Wrote:
(10-28-2020, 10:49 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Caldwell never trades up or down in the first round.

This is part of the reason why Caldwell is so bad.  He should have traded back last year when he was given a chance to trade back to 16 and get a 3rd and 4th rounder in the process.  Could have gotten Cedee Lamb and then picked up a CB in the 2nd round.

Amen!

(10-28-2020, 08:42 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Imagine staying in school to avoid becoming a millionaire playing for Jax. Marrone and Caldwell have really embarrassed themselves.

I don't think so. This is quietly not a bad place to land for a young QB, provided Marrone gets the ax. 

The media scrutiny in Jax is nothing compared to NYC for a young QB. And Florida's taxes are better. And the weather and cost of living are better. The offensive line is better.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

A boring snoozer pick, draft the best OT or DT..

Stay away from Fields. He's gonna be terrible unless the Jaguars convert to a elementary one read spread offense.

(10-29-2020, 07:08 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:

I don't think so. This is quietly not a bad place to land for a young QB, provided Marrone gets the ax. 

The media scrutiny in Jax is nothing compared to NYC for a young QB. And Florida's taxes are better. And the weather and cost of living are better. The offensive line is better.

Well yeah, its an excellent place to land. Think if Khan cans Marrone and Caldwell like he should, then actually hires a GM before he hires a coach. He will screw that up though. 

We have a lot of draft capital and salary cap for a new GM to come in and build his own vision. If Khan does that, it is the best thing he will have done for this franchise since he purchased the team.

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2020, 09:27 AM by Kane.)

So I've been on vacation for a week just got back to see what's changed. (Answer: Nothing)

If TLaw stays in school for his senior year then we draft whoever the next best player is. All the hand wringing over missing out on Trevor is really getting old. It isn't like there is this kid and then 400 terrible players to pick from afterwards. (We need an LT if Cam leaves, we need interior players, we need safeties, we need QB, we need a 3T... almost every position except RB)
First of all, he can pull a Manning or Elway or whatever if he chooses, although, staying in school isn't exactly doing that. But no matter what, when he is drafted it's going to be by a bad team. He'll be the #1 overall pick this year or next. So Jets, Jags, Giants, Skins.... I mean the top of the draft likely isn't changing dramatically.
But if a college kid wants to stay in school and finish and graduate and enjoy being the big man on campus for one more year, possibly winning multiple college natty's, before joining one of the many factories of sadness in the NFL, I can't say I blame him. Even if he is pushing off quite a few million dollars for another year.

All that being said, I think he comes out. I think he goes to whoever drafts him without any Manning/Elway tactics. And I think he probably makes them a better than top 5 draft team right away.
And based on how the Jaguars are spiraling the season down the toilet, I really don't see any reason to worry about Dave or Doug ruining any picks. They aren't surviving a 1 win season.

Plan?? Has this team ever really had a plan?
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

TBH, Khan should fire Caldwell right now so the word is out we have a GM vacancy. Marrone knows the writing is on the wall and has zero chance of returning next year.

My theory has always been that Tony Khan will end up running the personnel department and have heavy influence on the GM which will immediately limit the pool of GM's that become available.

Tank again next year?

(10-29-2020, 12:09 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Tank again next year?

Well... we're not due for another good season until 2027

(10-29-2020, 11:02 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: TBH, Khan should fire Caldwell right now so the word is out we have a GM vacancy. Marrone knows the writing is on the wall and has zero chance of returning next year.

My theory has always been that Tony Khan will end up running the personnel department and have heavy influence on the GM which will immediately limit the pool of GM's that become available.

Lol, we won't have a vacancy. Even if Khan puts down the pipe long enough to realize he should fire DC he still won't. And on the off chance that he does in fact fire him then Tony Khan will be the next GM.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-29-2020, 12:48 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-29-2020, 11:02 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: TBH, Khan should fire Caldwell right now so the word is out we have a GM vacancy. Marrone knows the writing is on the wall and has zero chance of returning next year.

Lol, we won't have a vacancy. Even if Khan puts down the pipe long enough to realize he should fire DC he still won't. And on the off chance that he does in fact fire him then Tony Khan will be the next GM.

LMAO.  Ok.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.