Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What is the plan if Lawerence stays in college next season?

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2020, 09:27 AM by Kane.)

So I've been on vacation for a week just got back to see what's changed. (Answer: Nothing)

If TLaw stays in school for his senior year then we draft whoever the next best player is. All the hand wringing over missing out on Trevor is really getting old. It isn't like there is this kid and then 400 terrible players to pick from afterwards. (We need an LT if Cam leaves, we need interior players, we need safeties, we need QB, we need a 3T... almost every position except RB)
First of all, he can pull a Manning or Elway or whatever if he chooses, although, staying in school isn't exactly doing that. But no matter what, when he is drafted it's going to be by a bad team. He'll be the #1 overall pick this year or next. So Jets, Jags, Giants, Skins.... I mean the top of the draft likely isn't changing dramatically.
But if a college kid wants to stay in school and finish and graduate and enjoy being the big man on campus for one more year, possibly winning multiple college natty's, before joining one of the many factories of sadness in the NFL, I can't say I blame him. Even if he is pushing off quite a few million dollars for another year.

All that being said, I think he comes out. I think he goes to whoever drafts him without any Manning/Elway tactics. And I think he probably makes them a better than top 5 draft team right away.
And based on how the Jaguars are spiraling the season down the toilet, I really don't see any reason to worry about Dave or Doug ruining any picks. They aren't surviving a 1 win season.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is the plan if Lawerence stays in college next season? - by Kane - 10-29-2020, 09:25 AM