Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This week in the AFC South-Week 8

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2020, 09:48 PM by Bullseye.)

Last week, the loathsome and detestable tacks lost their first game at home to the equally loathsome and detestable Steelers, who remain the AFC's lone unbeaten team.  Last week, the Texans lost at home to the Packsers, who were coming off their first loss of the season.  Also last week, the Jaguars predictably lost on the west coast, this time on their first trip to Los Angeles.  Finally last week, the Colts were on their bye.  All of these results translated into a 3-0 record for me for the second week in a row-a first fo me since we've done these threads.  Hopefully my luck will continue.

To the games...

Indianapolis (4-2) at Detroit (3-3)-Detroit has managed to even out their record, and Stafford can be dangerous, but I don't see them having much success against the Colts, who are coming off a bye week.  WIth the extra week of rest and preparation, I think Indy takes this game 26-17.

Tennessee (5-1) at Cincinnati (1-5-1)-Cincinnati has a promising futuure with Joe Burrow, who is looking every bit the future franchise QB the Bengals thought they were getting when they drafted him #1 overall.  But right now this is a team with holes, including the one created this week when they traded DE Carlos Dunlap to Seattle for a 6th round pick.  This is also a team that is beginning the early stages of learning how to win.  That's not a good combination of factors against a team like Tennessee..  Even though he was shut down last week, Derrick Henry is still damn tough to stop, and is harder to stop because the tacks are getting such good play out of Tannehill.  I still think their defense is missing something, but they have enough to beat the Bengals this week.  Tennessee wins 31-20.

Houston and Jacksonville have the bye.

Last week:  3-0
Overall:  17-5

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Messages In This Thread
This week in the AFC South-Week 8 - by Bullseye - 10-29-2020, 09:47 PM
RE: This week in the AFC South-Week 8 - by Mikey - 10-30-2020, 08:39 AM
RE: This week in the AFC South-Week 8 - by Mikey - 11-02-2020, 10:03 AM