Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
No more London games?

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2020, 08:23 PM by JagFan81.)

Hey all. Was reading an article on the Jags website about Lot J and among the questions about the Jags extending the lease at the current stadium, the London games came up and this was Lamping's response.

13. Will the Jaguars stop playing games in London as part of this agreement?
Jacksonville is the home of the Jaguars. It has been the team's home for the past 26 seasons, and it will continue to be our home into the future.
The London game has been extremely important to the Jaguars and has also provided benefits to the Jacksonville community.However, theNFL controls the fate of all games played in London and the teams assigned to play in those games, and the Jaguars' current agreement to play games has expired. Any future decisions on London are on hold and out of the Jaguars' hands.

Now I think Khan would put us up again and I'm not sure how many other teams would want to nominate themselves.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Hopefully it would just be on a rotational basis moving forward and not one game every season. No other franchise does that, and it makes us look like a Mickey Mouse run organization giving up a home game each year.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

Always had the impression that Khan was trying to curry favor with the league by making such commitments
to games there. I suppose they had their place at the time.

now is time to re-establish the Jaguars here in Jacksonville though.
Please clean up the hot mess the team has become and let's
get a fresh start in 2021.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

It would go a great way towards reassurance if we didn’t play London games the next few years

Yeah. A commitment to no London games for the next 4-5 years and a promising draft could do a lot for this fan base.

(10-31-2020, 09:58 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: It would go a great way towards reassurance if we didn’t play London games the next few years
(10-31-2020, 10:02 PM)TownCenterJag Wrote: Yeah. A commitment to no London games for the next 4-5 years and a promising draft could do a lot for this fan base.
(10-31-2020, 08:22 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Hey all. Was reading an article on the Jags website about Lot J and among the questions about the Jags extending the lease at the current stadium, the London games came up and this was Lamping's response.

Jacksonville is the home of the Jaguars. It has been the team's home for the past 26 seasons, and it will continue to be our home into the future.
The London game has been extremely important to the Jaguars and has also provided benefits to the Jacksonville community.However, theNFL controls the fate of all games played in London and the teams assigned to play in those games, and the Jaguars' current agreement to play games has expired. Any future decisions on London are on hold and out of the Jaguars' hands.

Now I think Khan would put us up again and I'm not sure how many other teams would want to nominate themselves.
The city should require no London games, extended lease or auto renewal for X years and % increase if criteria is met. Then Lot J funding is an option. The city isn't getting the proceeds so it is only going to get money back if it is successful and causing a bunch of people to move there and increase tax income.

The only way this is successful is if the Jags stay and start winning.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

"The London game has been extremely important to the Jaguars and has also provided benefits to the Jacksonville community"

Huh? How has the London game benefited my community?

(11-01-2020, 09:04 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: "The London game has been extremely important to the Jaguars and has also provided benefits to the Jacksonville community"

The team is still here,  for good or ill I think they would've moved already without the London connection.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-31-2020, 09:38 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: Always had the impression that Khan was trying to curry favor with the league by making such commitments
to games there. I suppose they had their place at the time.

now is time to re-establish the Jaguars here in Jacksonville though.
Please clean up the hot mess the team has become and let's
get a  fresh start in 2021.

Khan tries to curry favor with his pocketbook.

(11-01-2020, 09:04 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: "The London game has been extremely important to the Jaguars and has also provided benefits to the Jacksonville community"

On one hand, Lampings comments are exactly what youd expect, Lot J is going to be huge for the City and therefore good for the City. 

I was privileged to join the Jaguars two months later, in February of 2012, and can confirm that Shad's commitment as I just described is every bit as strong as today as the day I started.

[font=All-ProSans, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Most important, fielding a Jaguars team that the people of Jacksonville and all of Northeast Florida are proud to support. We have not delivered the performances and results that we envisioned, or that our fans deserve. We know that. We are reminded of it frequently. We will not relent in our efforts, and we appreciate everyone's continued support and faith, which hopefully one day will be rewarded.[/font]

Con Man will almost certainly try and get 2 games in London.  Let's face it, con man is only concerned about getting even more rich and couldn't care less about actually winning games. The London games generate more revenue and after this [BLEEP] show of a season, you'd have a hard time getting season ticket holders to renew next year.  

The best that can be hoped for is that 1 game be considered home and 1 game considered an away game.

Well the Jags didn’t lose today.

(10-31-2020, 08:22 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Hey all. Was reading an article on the Jags website about Lot J and among the questions about the Jags extending the lease at the current stadium, the London games came up and this was Lamping's response.

I think the one way to get out of Londoning is to have a STH waitlist. If the franchise turns things around and gets to winning, people are going to want to come watch the games live. If Khan has hands in the businesses around the stadium, he'll also benefit from increased traffic that the home game would bring.

I don't blame him for trying to establish a consistent team visiting London each year. Had we been a good team, or even had some stability among the roster, the London locals might have embraced the Jags as a hometown team, but too often we've been a doormat, especially in our overseas outings, for anyone to truly embrace fandom. I think it can still happen, moving forward, but maybe we can alternate home and road games there each year.

Jags have halted their London games until they become a decent team. In the meantime, while they continue to suck as one of the worst teams in the NFL, we get the benefit of 8 regular season home games and 2 excellent preseason home games.

With the Lot J approval and our expiration of the agreement, I could see less Jags games in London. We'll still play one there every so often, like every team, but won't be losing a home game every year to it.

That being said, I wouldn't be super surprised if we did re-up our agreement with it. I have the feeling the NFL would rather have a more marketable/big name team headlining the London movement. Someone with notoriety but has struggled (Lions, Jets, Cincy, Falcons)

What would the world do without the "London Jaguars" jokes though?