Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
One thing I notice when i watch Jake Luton on tape..

(11-02-2020, 04:54 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Well....it can't get any worse can it? Hopefully he's better then Dinucci

I was thinking the same thing.  I didn't see the second half but he definitely the the deer in the headlights look from what I saw in the first half.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Best of luck young man.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

Meh... starting another average college QB.  There really isn't a whole lot that the team can do at this point.  I see James Robinson getting a heavy workload this next game.

The interesting thing would be if the Jaguars win and the Colts and Titans lose again (possible) the team will be in contention for the division just 3 games back.  Unlike most posters on this board, I have not given up on the season and am being optimistic.  I would rather see the team fight to win games.  Draft position really doesn't matter and to hope for a high draft position at this point is a loser mentality.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(11-02-2020, 07:37 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Meh... starting another average college QB.  There really isn't a whole lot that the team can do at this point.  I see James Robinson getting a heavy workload this next game.

The interesting thing would be if the Jaguars win and the Colts and Titans lose again (possible) the team will be in contention for the division just 3 games back.  Unlike most posters on this board, I have not given up on the season and am being optimistic.  I would rather see the team fight to win games.  Draft position really doesn't matter and to hope for a high draft position at this point is a loser mentality.
He had 28 TDs and 3Ints last year.  I think that's pretty good instead of average.  Hopefully he has a great first game

(11-02-2020, 07:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 07:37 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Meh... starting another average college QB.  There really isn't a whole lot that the team can do at this point.  I see James Robinson getting a heavy workload this next game.

He had 28 TDs and 3Ints last year.  I think that's pretty good instead of average.  Hopefully he has a great first game

There's that, but there's also him disappearing against quality opponents, and his team ending up with a losing record.
Time will tell though, and I'm glad he's getting his chance.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(11-02-2020, 08:01 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 07:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He had 28 TDs and 3Ints last year.  I think that's pretty good instead of average.  Hopefully he has a great first game

There's that, but there's also him disappearing against quality opponents, and his team ending up with a losing record.

What kind of help did he have at Oklahoma St?

(11-02-2020, 08:01 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 07:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He had 28 TDs and 3Ints last year.  I think that's pretty good instead of average.  Hopefully he has a great first game

I thought Sean Mannion was gonna be good and I like him when he came out.  Hopefully Luton will be much better

(11-02-2020, 04:29 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: It’s official, Luton starting Sunday.

https://www.news4jax.com/sports/2020/11/...r-jaguars/

I think it will be more interesting watching Jake start than Mike Glennon. I wish him the best and it would be nice if he plays well. 
(11-02-2020, 04:54 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Well....it can't get any worse can it? Hopefully he's better then Dinucci

I thought at the very beginning of yesterday's game that DiNucci looked decent. But things quickly went downhill and the rookie dallas QB did struggle. Even though the defense actually played better than they had for most of the season and actually was keeping the Cowboys in the game. I could see Jake looking better than DiNucci. I honestly think he will look better than him.

What's even more interesting is there is actual discussion going on right now between the NFL and competition committee about possibly doing a 16 team playoff. The competition committee is proposing this in case the league runs out of bye weeks due to Covid-19. So it might be possible that a team that has started out rough and ends up turning things around in the second half could make the playoffs, if this happened. I'm not saying that would happen with the Jags, but it's technically not impossible yet.

(11-02-2020, 08:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 08:01 PM)mikesez Wrote: There's that, but there's also him disappearing against quality opponents, and his team ending up with a losing record.

It was Oregon state, and the only thing I can tell you is that besides Luton, they got a wide receiver and an offensive tackle drafted this year. Both 6th rounders.  I'm going to guess that was pretty much the worst of any PAC 12 team.  I could be wrong though.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(11-02-2020, 08:19 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 08:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: What kind of help did he have at Oklahoma St?

It was Oregon state, and the only thing I can tell you is that besides Luton, they got a wide receiver and an offensive tackle drafted this year. Both 6th rounders.  I'm going to guess that was pretty much the worst of any PAC 12 team.  I could be wrong though.

Thats what I meant, its why i said Sean Mannion who went to the same college

I wish him all the best and Ill be rooting for him. That being said, anything other than him sucking would be a huge surprise. He was drafted in the sixth round and his size might be exciting but his game film wasn't (to me). We want a top two pick so its okay if he doesn't do well.

At least it’s something new and curious to watch. Hopefully he doesn’t become the usual and boring suck we’re accustomed to. Just give us hope until the half.

This may force me out of my voluntary hiatus from Buffalo Wild Wings out of pure, morbid, curiosity,

What I notice is he's extremely underwhelming. He's not making anticipation throws, and he doesn't look particularly accurate. The good news is he probably won't interfere with draft position much, but since the Texans are probably the worst team left on our schedule and the Texans don't have any tape on him if there's a game where the jaguars will get a surprise win this is the one.

(11-02-2020, 08:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 08:01 PM)mikesez Wrote: There's that, but there's also him disappearing against quality opponents, and his team ending up with a losing record.

To be fair, we are like the Oregon State of the NFL. Luton won't find a lot of help here either compared to the rest of the NFL, so for me its the same situation: Everybody in Jax might be better compared to his teammates at Oregon State, but the opponents are also A LOT better that the opponents he faced in college...

Buy, Buy, Buy on the fantasy wires if James Robinson is available.

Like Rico said, I'll watch, if flippin' TLH broadcasts the game. I don't expect much, wouldn't be surprised to see a bad pick along the way.

Worst thing that could happen is we get two wins out of this kid, and again we're in the no-man's land of the darft, after the elite talent is gone and just before the picks represent great value. It would be so dang Jaguars.

(11-03-2020, 10:07 AM)Mikey Wrote: Buy, Buy, Buy on the fantasy wires if James Robinson is available.

Like Rico said, I'll watch, if flippin' TLH broadcasts the game. I don't expect much, wouldn't be surprised to see a bad pick along the way.

Worst thing that could happen is we get two wins out of this kid, and again we're in the no-man's land of the darft, after the elite talent is gone and just before the picks represent great value. It would be so dang Jaguars.

I haven't seen the last 14 quarters of football.  I have too much to do around the new house to waste my time on the brand of football I've been seeing.  

I strongly suspect I will be leaving Buffalo Wild Wings early on Sunday.

(10-31-2020, 10:23 PM)chris hill Wrote: I see a raw but talent QB who can not just throw the ball with accuracy but has a laser of an arm also.. His height 6-6 he can see the whole field which allows his arm to get deep shots down field.. I notice in alot of his tapes he aloows his receivers to get open before throwing the ball and its dead on everytime.. that UCLA game i saw he tore those guys up.. his arm totally took that game over..

All 6’6” and 243 lbs. of Jonathan Quinn waves at you with his laser of an arm.

Still, I want to see what the Jaguars have in Jake Luton.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2020, 03:53 PM by Jagsfan32277.)

Luton end follow threw is like a baseball pitcher. He gonna be terrible. He gonna get his hand hit by a defenders helmet or shoulder pad.

I'm excited to see what we have in him. He was lauded during training camp for his arm strength and accuracy. I seriously pray that he has enough football IQ to be successful during his first NFL start.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"