Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Time to make Shenault the most targeted WR..

(11-06-2020, 04:40 PM)Upper Wrote: Shenault is a more powerful Cordarelle Patterson.

Time to make it happen team.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-01-2021, 11:44 PM)Upper Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 04:40 PM)Upper Wrote: Shenault is a more powerful Cordarelle Patterson.

Time to make it happen team.

Hell Jack was pretty good at RB in college. Why not give em both snaps. Can't be any worse than the [BLEEP] show from Sunday.

I remember when certain poster said we had the perfect first 3 picks in the 2020 NFL draft and how Viska in the second was much better value than Lamb in the first  Laughing Laughing
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Yea Viska looked better at RB than WR on Sunday. Offensive coaches need to get more creative. Put him in motion. Get him the ball out of the backfield. Bunch the WRs up, run pick plays, get visks the ball underneath. Quit throwing only bubble screens to him. Be more creative. Dude is a runner.

He has potential but has way too many drops.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

Would love to see screens and some toss plays to Shenault.
Not that wr screen thrown out by the numbers/sideline, but an actual screen with pulling OL, and second level TE blocking, Shenault out of the backfield or in the back of a bunch formation.
Of course that would require a high degree of execution from a unit that puts 12 men on the field, gets called for holds, illegal formation, and false starts way too often. So... might be asking too much to think this coaching staff could draw it up and install it successfully.

(11-06-2020, 01:10 AM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 09:54 AM)chris hill Wrote: I see alot of articles describing on how we should use shenault.. I think we should put him and Chark as the starters with Cole Conley and Johnson behind them.. it better fits his game Shenault has the teams highest catch rate at 76%.. More yards on less catches than Chark..

I think Shenault is going to be a very good player.  He's a slower version of DK Metcalf; a big physical playmaker.  If he polishes his receiving skills, he could be great.

Metcalf totally abused Shaq Griffin on that touchdown reception ~ a man being covered by a boy. He reminds me of David Boston, who looked roided out and scary to cover when healthy.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(11-03-2021, 01:45 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 01:10 AM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: I think Shenault is going to be a very good player.  He's a slower version of DK Metcalf; a big physical playmaker.  If he polishes his receiving skills, he could be great.

Metcalf totally abused Shaq Griffin on that touchdown reception ~ a man being covered by a boy. He reminds me of David Boston, who looked roided out and scary to cover when healthy.

I disagree.  I think that was just a well-thrown ball.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(11-03-2021, 02:02 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 01:45 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: Metcalf totally abused Shaq Griffin on that touchdown reception ~ a man being covered by a boy. He reminds me of David Boston, who looked roided out and scary to cover when healthy.

I disagree.  I think that was just a well-thrown ball.

Shaq’s mom, I’m sorry your son can’t out jump a physical freak of nature. Nothing to be ashamed of. I heard Shaq excels in other areas like making friends on the playground.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2021, 04:08 PM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-03-2021, 03:18 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 02:02 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I disagree.  I think that was just a well-thrown ball.

Shaq’s mom, I’m sorry your son can’t out jump a physical freak of nature. Nothing to be ashamed of. I heard Shaq excels in other areas like making friends on the playground.

What a comeback. o problem, DK's [BLEEP].  Idiot.

(11-03-2021, 04:07 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 03:18 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: Shaq’s mom, I’m sorry your son can’t out jump a physical freak of nature. Nothing to be ashamed of. I heard Shaq excels in other areas like making friends on the playground.

What a comeback. o problem, DK's [BLEEP].  Idiot.

Takes one to know one Shaq’s not so suave uncle Rico.

(11-03-2021, 04:33 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 04:07 PM)RicoTx Wrote: What a comeback. o problem, DK's [BLEEP].  Idiot.

Yawn

(11-03-2021, 04:33 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 04:07 PM)RicoTx Wrote: What a comeback. o problem, DK's [BLEEP].  Idiot.

Did you just admit to being an idiot?

I think shenault problem is he feels he's being misused. He feels like he can be a real WR if they allowed him to be, but they only give him routes which are 7 yards and under.

Have we forgot who had the best hands last year? When the coaches actually gave him real wr routes.

His drops are mental and come from having a coaching staff who think because he doesn't run a 4.3 he should only run 5 yard outs/in.

(11-03-2021, 07:37 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: I think shenault problem is he feels he's being misused. He feels like he can be a real WR if they allowed him to be, but they only give him routes which are 7 yards and under.

Have we forgot who had the best hands last year? When the coaches actually gave him real wr routes.

His drops are mental and come from having a coaching staff who think because he doesn't run a 4.3 he should only run 5 yard outs/in.

Bolded is incorrect.

He has run a good variety of routes and dropped passes on too many of them. Shallow, intermediate and deep. 
Last year is irrelevant if he can't catch balls hitting his hands right now. 

I still think he's a good piece of the puzzle on offense, but he has to snap out of this thing he's in right now. He's still lost in it. I blame the coaches for a LONG LIST of problems happening right now, but 'Viska seems to be screwing up his opportunities all on his own, IMO.

I can't find the video now, but Hayden Winks made a cut up of Shenault's outside reps from the Dolphins game. Even with both Howard and Jones out Viska was just not separating at all. Blanketed all day long. He's just not an outside receiver.

He can probably be a decent slot guy, but really he needs to be a chess piece like the Falcons are using Patterson. AKA probably how we intended to use ETN. Which is why many of us thought it was a curious decision to get another guy who wins in the same ways (though not the same style) on top of the awful value of drafting a first round RB.

(11-02-2021, 12:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Would love to see screens and some toss plays to Shenault.
Not that wr screen thrown out by the numbers/sideline, but an actual screen with pulling OL, and second level TE blocking, Shenault out of the backfield or in the back of a bunch formation.
Of course that would require a high degree of execution from a unit that puts 12 men on the field, gets called for holds, illegal formation, and false starts way too often.  So... might be asking too much to think this coaching staff could draw it up and install it successfully.

Yeah, I’d love to see that. Without Robinson, just line him up at tailback. Those other guys are useless.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!